Catholic FAQ

Help support Catholic Answers!

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Jul 5, '12, 8:58 am

Religion: Prodigal Catholic
Default Re: My wife is threatening suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRKH View Post
Yes - talk to the pros in your state...Some states have a "72 hour hold" law which means they can be held in the hospital for 72 hours against their will....
So - it may be possible for you to have her taken to the hospital on a 72 hour hold for evaluation.

Not much else we can tell you, except that we hope things work out.
I've been there - it's tough...

Peace
James
Thanks, James. You've always been a good virtual friend.

"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains—however improbable—must be the truth."
—Spock
Old Jul 5, '12, 9:50 am

Religion: Fellowship contemplative prayer UK

Please don't sneeze at the post who suggested eating wild fish because actually fish is good for our brains and we should all be eating one portion of oily fish each week and one portion of white fish each week. Studies really have shown people feel better. So the fish don't necessarily have to be wild. But canned sardines in tomatoe sauce etc, very good source for feeling good. Try fish that she does like. It won't be immediate I'm affraid, but in time and it best in conjunction with everything good.

She is no longer Catholic you say and wont talk to her friend. But would she perhaps talk to a priest if he came to your home and you were out of the room so that she could openly talk and openly share how she is right now with him as some priests are very good listeners and will 'walk' with whatever decision she makes and stay with her throughout and that in time might encourage back to the faith? She is angry and she is hurting. She mayn't be able to say why and the what for's but a priest who listens well, that would not matter for they know how to be there for you when its needed. Failing your wife talking to the Priest, it is something you can do for yourself and really talk I mean. Not clever words, just be totally open with him and let him guide you. It really helps trust me.

God is with you both right now. Ps you can privately pray for your wife that is something you can do for her and continue to be her friend as well as her husband as hard as it gets but try not to force her into anything if you can but be at her side but finding time to laugh and laugh with her.
Old Jul 5, '12, 10:28 am
Banned
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic
Arrow +May God bless you abundantly on earth, and continue to bless you in Heaven+

Quote:
Originally Posted by spockrates View Post
Not sure what to do. She is talking about killing herself more and more. Any small amount of stress results in her bringing it up again. She's no longer Catholic. Need advice.
Prayer is the most effective power and means. Don't let your pride kid you, God controls everything, and you can invoke and plead for his will to be done in his name through prayer. God Bless, I will be joining you in prayer.

+Andrew+
Old Jul 5, '12, 10:43 am

Religion: Catholic

Notice:

This thread is now closed. After much thought, the moderation and administrative staff have decided not to allow solicitation on the forums of people with mental health concerns. While well-intentioned, it is not possible for such support to be given over the Internet and could, potentially, be dangerous. People experiencing mental-health concerns should seek a referral to a mental health professional from their physician or pastor. Thanks to all who participated in the discussion.

Lucy Spencer
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence