Catholic FAQ

Help support Catholic Answers!

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Mar 22, '06, 6:13 am
Banned
Forum Supporter

Religion: Born into Baptistism, Born Again into Catholichristianity
Default John 666

While I was doing a google search on Father Corapi I came across this website called the Mary Foundation at: http://www.catholicity.com/maryfound...udiotapes.html

There are 7 CDs that you can order for 1 dollar each to cover shipping and handling. I ordered all 7.

Any way some of you have seen my comments about John 6:66 and how it is the only New Testament Chapter and Verse combination of the number 666. and how it says:
Quote:
John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
Well this morning I finally put in "The Mass Explained" by Father Larry Richards and started listening.

Here is some more coincidence. On track #6 he was homilying on John 6. and towards the end he comes to John 6:66. After expressing the disbelief given in John 6:60 he then says:
Quote:
"This is one of my (there is a little chuckle here) Chapter 6, Verse 66 ( and then he stresses each one individually ) SIX, SIX, SIX, From this time on many of his desciples broke away and would no longer remain in his company any longer. They left Jesus over his teaching on teh eucharist - his real presence - the Deciples left Jesus because they could not accept the teaching of the Eucharist, okay?
At this point I kept saying:
Quote:
Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God,
and thinking:
Quote:
here is a priest that has stressed what I have stressed.
I have such a feeling of vindication that it is nearly overwhelming to the point of tears. Good day and go live the gospel.
Old Mar 22, '06, 6:58 am
Banned

Religion: The Holy Orthodox Church
Default Re: John 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyWarren
At this point I kept saying: and thinking: I have such a feeling of vindication that it is nearly overwhelming to the point of tears. Good day and go live the gospel.
I pondered the same thing about a year or so ago. It is a very odd coincidence. Notice what is discussed immediately after this:
70: Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?"
71: He spoke of Judas the son of Simon Iscariot, for he, one of the twelve, was to betray him.

Regardless if the verse and chapter number has any significance, we must remember that His disciples turned their backs on Him. They could not accept this literal teaching of the Holy Eucharist--right from the mouth of Jesus Himself! And look how history repeats itself! How many walk away from the Real Presence today? I feel that the "real absence" teaching of Zwingli, is perhaps the most damaging corruption in the history of Chritianity.
Old Mar 22, '06, 7:14 am
Banned
Forum Supporter

Religion: Born into Baptistism, Born Again into Catholichristianity
Default Re: John 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
I feel that the "real absence" teaching of Zwingli, is perhaps the most damaging corruption in the history of Chritianity.
Yes it is.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions