Catholic FAQ


Latest Threads
newest posts



Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News
 

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search Thread Display
  #1  
Old Mar 27, '06, 1:15 pm
Jaypeeto3 Jaypeeto3 is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: October 5, 2005
Posts: 840
Religion: Catholic
Default Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...245.shtml?s=et

Read the transcript. This is hysterical !!

Jaypeeto3
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Mar 27, '06, 1:45 pm
dhgray dhgray is offline
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
 
Join Date: July 26, 2004
Posts: 3,891
Religion: 1998 Catholic Convert
Default Re: Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

sounds like two children fighting.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Mar 27, '06, 1:52 pm
MercedesBents MercedesBents is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 1, 2006
Posts: 55
Default Re: Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

Who cares about two people who just blab on the radio?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Mar 27, '06, 1:52 pm
MrS MrS is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 28, 2004
Posts: 8,839
Religion: Catholic, Latin (Roman) Rite
Default Re: Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgray
sounds like two children fighting.
sort of.....

Hannity out of shear frustration I suspect

Baldwin out of hate

IMHO
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Mar 27, '06, 1:59 pm
Shibboleth Shibboleth is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: May 18, 2004
Posts: 1,669
Religion: Orthodox
Default Re: Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

Does anyone else here think that Hannity looks like a grown up version of Spanky gone Bears Fan.
__________________
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely fool proof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -- Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Mar 28, '06, 5:34 am
Troy7 Troy7 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 18, 2005
Posts: 218
Religion: Christian
Default Re: Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

I read Jerry Springer had a debate with Hannity in some college, and took him to the woodshed..which isnt surprising. Hannity is easily defeated cuz he doesnt use facts...just the same old tired bumper sticker bullet points and overtalking his guests he is infamous for. I'm still trying to hunt out the Springer debate. I seen a photo of the two dressed in boxing robes just beforehand.

I dont agree with everything Springer says, but wayyy more than Hannitys spewings, rants and ravings... Jerry is one heckuva even tempered man who is much smarter than Seans limited phrases which are good for nothing but getting pasted on the back of some car bumper.

I dont think Alec has the temperment or a proper handle on the facts.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Mar 28, '06, 5:47 am
MrS MrS is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 28, 2004
Posts: 8,839
Religion: Catholic, Latin (Roman) Rite
Default Re: Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy7
I read Jerry Springer had a debate with Hannity in some college, and took him to the woodshed..which isnt surprising. Hannity is easily defeated cuz he doesnt use facts...just the same old tired bumper sticker bullet points and overtalking his guests he is infamous for. I'm still trying to hunt out the Springer debate. I seen a photo of the two dressed in boxing robes just beforehand.

I dont agree with everything Springer says, but wayyy more than Hannitys spewings, rants and ravings... Jerry is one heckuva even tempered man who is much smarter than Seans limited phrases which are good for nothing but getting pasted on the back of some car bumper.

I dont think Alec has the temperment or a proper handle on the facts.
The only thing smart about Springer is his ability to make a ton of money with his trash show...... any guy with class would be proud to do what he does.

As for Hannity...... perhaps too smart for his own good at times...... but certainly with more live ammo in his political gun than Combs will ever have. My disappointment, if there is one, with Hannity is that he seems to have distanced himself somewhat from Catholicism.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Mar 28, '06, 6:22 am
bapcathluth bapcathluth is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: August 3, 2004
Posts: 914
Religion: non practicing protestant
Default Re: Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrS
sort of.....

Hannity out of shear frustration I suspect

Baldwin out of hate

IMHO
I would say they both sounded hateful. The fact that Hannity and his cohort, Levin, brought up Baldwin's personal life and used personal insults didn't make either of them seem too intelligent or too skilled at debating. Baldwin's equally personal attacks also didn't make for very intellectual reading or radio. I think the host of this show should have gone on to other callers rather than subjecting his guest to personal insult.

This is why I listen to public radio. The debates there stick to the facts and arguments and the hosts don't encourage cat fights to get ratings.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Mar 28, '06, 6:22 am
Shibboleth Shibboleth is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: May 18, 2004
Posts: 1,669
Religion: Orthodox
Default Re: Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

Combs is a straw man intentionally set up to be knocked down.
__________________
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely fool proof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -- Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Mar 28, '06, 6:32 am
Geldain Geldain is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: February 16, 2006
Posts: 703
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy7
Hannity is easily defeated cuz he doesnt use facts
Evidence, please?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Mar 28, '06, 6:42 am
Kitty Chan Kitty Chan is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: January 22, 2006
Posts: 1,617
Religion: Believer in Christ. see Nicene Creed for details
Default Re: Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

Combs handles his own very well, he asks all the tough liberal questions. He even went after the young kid who had taped the teacher. Hannity and him are a good team.

Hannity was also just calling out Baldwin. Just because Baldwins a hollywood elite big star doesnt mean someone cant call him out. If hes gonna make comments then he has to respond or hes just being a blow hard dictator. That only wants people to listen to what he wants. Notice Baldwin never answered any questions just called them names.
__________________
Labels are for Soup Cans . . .
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Mar 28, '06, 6:56 am
MrS MrS is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 28, 2004
Posts: 8,839
Religion: Catholic, Latin (Roman) Rite
Default Re: Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Chan
Combs handles his own very well, he asks all the tough liberal questions. He even went after the young kid who had taped the teacher. Hannity and him are a good team.

Hannity was also just calling out Baldwin. Just because Baldwins a hollywood elite big star doesnt mean someone cant call him out. If hes gonna make comments then he has to respond or hes just being a blow hard dictator. That only wants people to listen to what he wants. Notice Baldwin never answered any questions just called them names.
with one exception, I asked a number of people I work with (about of them so far) to name one movie AB has been in. Just blank stares, including our token flaming liberal.

Two said - "...wasn't he married to that great looking blond actress, what's her name...."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Mar 28, '06, 7:04 am
Shibboleth Shibboleth is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: May 18, 2004
Posts: 1,669
Religion: Orthodox
Default Re: Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Chan
Combs handles his own very well, he asks all the tough liberal questions. He even went after the young kid who had taped the teacher. Hannity and him are a good team.
.
Abbott and Costello were a good team to…. Comes is not intended to be Hannity’s equal in battle. Comes might interject something of use from time to time but his purpose is to put something out there and have Hannity knock it down. He’s a patsy.
__________________
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely fool proof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -- Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Mar 28, '06, 7:47 am
b_justb b_justb is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: June 28, 2005
Posts: 3,506
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

I used to really like Hannity, but no so much any more.

In this case (as well as other cases) he’s just flat out rude. One think I do like about Rush is that he is never rude to his callers. He always hears them out and then responds calmly.

I’ve always wanted to call Sean Hannity and tell him that if he put only a tenth of the time he puts into his political research into learning his faith he’d be much better off.

I certainly don’t agree with Baldwin’s political views, but in this case Hannity and Levin were just being punks.

ps - I have heard Hannity and Springer go at it many many times on Sean's radio show. Springer is a fairly regular guest.
__________________
-B.
The Epistle of St. Paul to the Churches of Galatia 5:25, 26
If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us have no self-conceit,
no provoking of one another, no envy of one another.

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Mar 28, '06, 8:08 am
2shelbys 2shelbys is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: April 25, 2005
Posts: 1,466
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Alec Baldwin vs. Sean Hannity Radio Tiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy7
I read Jerry Springer had a debate with Hannity in some college, and took him to the woodshed..which isnt surprising.
You must have read that on Springer's site. I have read 5 reviews of the debate and judging by them I doubt Springer will ever do another debate.

Quote:
I dont agree with everything Springer says, but wayyy more than Hannitys spewings, rants and ravings...
Sounds a lot more like Springer to me...

Quote:
I dont think Alec has the temperment or a proper handle on the facts
We agree here. Baldwin is a typical brainless liberal who could not find his butt with both hands and a flashlight.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search Thread
Search Thread:

Advanced Search
Display

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



Prayer Intentions

Most Active Groups
8240Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: GLam8833
5000CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: mountee
4342Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: James_OPL
4029OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: B79
3830SOLITUDE
Last by: beth40n2
3555Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: Natalie Sheldon
3219Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3203Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: memphian
3102Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child
3044For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: tammany



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:43 pm.

Home RSS Feeds - Home - Archive - Top

Copyright © 2004-2014, Catholic Answers.