Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Aug 7, '04, 2:30 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Missionary Servants of Holy Love in Ohio?

Is anyone here familiar with this group in Elyria, Ohio? Our Lord and His Mother and several saints have spoken to a woman there and there are daily messages. I receive the daily(almost) messages via email. The latest one has me wondering.
Old Aug 8, '04, 9:29 am
Forum Master

Religion: Catholic in the Byzantine RIte of the Ruthenian tradition
Default Re: Missionary Servants of Holy Love in Ohio?

I live an hour away from MSHL and found it great when it comes to pray the rosary. However I had an experience that really made me really wonder what they are trying to say.
During a pilgrimage on a Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I arrived early. There in the chapel there was a seminary going on with a priest leading the forum. I hear his talk and it was nice, then right in the middle of it, he decided to have a prayer service. OK, let's go for it..THEN he asked the people to place our arms out and the palms turned up. He asked us to imagine we were the only ones (just ourselves) in the room. To block out ALL distractions and just concentrate on the the Blessed Virgin Mary and to see her Immaculate Heart. The priest at this time has us close our eyes and imagine ourselves go inside HER heart. Sounds kinda wierd? Then imagine us going through the chambers of Her heart to get to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Then go do that very same thing as well.
I, at this time, is going along with this but not having any success. I simply started wondering it what I was doing in line with the Catholic Church teaching.....
OK then what I thought was too bizarre for me was that the priest wanted us to imagine that we were holding the two hearts in each of our palms of hands. He even had us repeat some words over and over.
Well, it wasn't until I got in these forums to find out about New Age spirituality.
SInce the event I tried to describe occured, early this year, I had only been back one more time to take some photographs of the shrine and the statues. (It is claimed that the Blessed Mother will place significant revealing images on film). So I will get these pics back soon.

As for the Catholic Churches teachings on such places...Well as far as their approval, I had not heard of one for MSHL. The teachings or 'messages' seem to be in line with orthodoxy. I just get an 'odd' sense of some kind of secrecy going on. I have NEVER met the woman who has the revealings and when the rosary is going on, she ALWAYS seems to recieve a message at the same time during the rosary---between the Scourging and the Crowning of Thorns. Plus after the encounters, she is in a 'private' room when these occurances take place and then she leaves the building from a door to the outside. He does not give the messages personally. As far as I know, she personal priest is not a member of the Diocese of Cleveland. The Diocese has said, as far as I know, that MSHL is not sanctioned by the Chancery.

I would pray EXTREMELY about any consideration about MSHL. Just like Bayside, New York, Rome, as far as I know, says that the messages are questionable.

go with God!
Edwin
Old Aug 24, '08, 8:06 am

Religion: Roman Catholic

I received a book from a friend over 13 years ago, the title, HOLY LOVE. I read it but put it aside and didn't think much more about the subject matter.

Three years ago we were moving and I came across this book again while packing. By the grace of God, I believe, I was directed to go to this place called Holy Love Ministries, which my husband and I did two years ago.

It was the most awe inspiring experience I ever had in my life, and since that visit my prayer life and church attendance has improved greatly and my life has been abundantly blessed. There were thousands and thousands of people pouring out of buses to be in attendance for this apparition in Sept. 2006. They came from Korea, Mexico, Canada, Germany, and many other countries. I was amazed at the number of faithful that knew about this place, yet in this country it is known by precious few.

Just as with all of the Apparitions, Fatima, Medjugorie, etc. the church heirarchy has to be careful and investigate fully. But we as believers are free to open our hearts and minds to Jesus and Mary and ask for their help and guidance through this life with the ultimate goal of being in heaven when our life is over.

As suggested in one of the replys here, it is NOT a New Age ideation. The Blessed Mother has been appearing to Maureen Sweeny-Kyle in Elyria, Ohio since 1985, and this site has been
built as directed by Blessed Mother Mary. Many miracles have come from this place. Pope John Paul II received Maureen, her husband and her spiritual advisor, Fr. Kenney in audience a few years back.

If you wish to know the TRUTH about this place, go to the website, www.holylove.org and read for yourself all about it's history and what is happening there. In my humble opinion, it is a site as important or possibly more important than Fatima and Medjugorie, and the messages are for all people, not just Catholics.

Skepticism is a natural reaction. " Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen." I hope you investigate for yourselves the messages being given here at this site, don't rely on anyone elses interpretations.
Old Aug 26, '08, 5:23 am
Forum Elder

Religion: Catholic no adjectives

promoting unapproved private revelation is a banned topic on this forum

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics