Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Answers--Today > Radio (Catholic Answers Live)

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Nov 30, '06, 6:48 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Radio Spots Not Welcome by Parish

The evangelization committee and are Parish Priest decided to run a few 60 second radio spots in our Northern Utah town. We recorded Lift High the Cross in our Chapel which turned out beautiful. Here is a spot below. We put together a flyer that said “something for all of us to be excited about” We placed the Church’s position on Evangelization using the media which is very positive. We had the EWTN programmer lend some written support for our bulletin Along with the words of Pope John Paul II on the importance of the modern media. We have 800 families in our Parish.( We received $15 in donations.) We have some mad at our Priest and a few that have approached me telling me that Catholics do not evangelize this way. I was baptized 7 years ago and have been inflamed with the love of Christ. I help with the RCIA and this response has moved me temporarily from outreach to in -reach. I was told a few years ago by a Baptist friend who runs a Christian bookstore here in town that Catholics have a hard time spreading Christ that they think that by putting there good life foreword is enough, even if they never speak His name. I told him he was wrong back then.

But then the other night there was a brave Catholic woman who told me exactly what he had said. I told her that I do not feel good enough to show another how I live my life. But that I can help show them Jesus that I can only point to Him. She left a bit mad. So now it seems that this calling has taken another turn. I want feed back from anyone willing to give it. I lost a mother to suicide at eight years old. She did not know God, we had no Faith like that back then. She had no Catholic friends that could show her their lives. She died in a Motel late at night with 3 children at home waiting for her to come back. Could one radio spot turn her around while driving? I do not know…isn’t it worth it to try? God Bless

2. Lift High the Cross, the love of Christ proclaim till all the world adore his sacred name …….

Message: Mother Teresa spoke well of the Cross: “His love in action for us was the Crucifixion. That’s why we begin the day with Mass, with Holy Communion. That gives us the strength and the courage and the joy and the love to touch Him, to love Him, to serve Him. Without Jesus, we couldn’t do it. With Him, we can do all things.”

She also said: “Do small things with great love. It’s not how much we do, but how much love we put in the doing; and it is not how much we give, but how much love we put in the giving. To God, nothing is small; the moment we have given it to God, it becomes infinite.” It was the Miracle of the Mass, the receiving of Christ that gave her the grace to do all that she did for others..

All of us at Saint Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church invite you to witness the Miracle of the 2000 year old Catholic Mass. Come witness the Miracle of forgiveness and reconciliation by the power of Christ’s Cross.
For more information call 435-881-5722 or visit utahmission.com. Maybe we’ll see you at the foot of the Cross!

Old Nov 30, '06, 6:55 am
Banned

Religion: Catholic, Latin (Roman) Rite
Default Re: Radio Spots Not Welcome by Parish

evangelize always......

and sometimes use words......

It appears that evangelization is much needed, both in and out of your parish.

You will certainly be remembered in prayer
Old Nov 30, '06, 8:47 am
Observing Member

This sounds like something new for most members of your parish. They need to get used to this approach. You have done just fine. Don't worry. Place your trust in God and let Him worry about the results. Keep moving forward and practice patience with others whenever necessary.
Denise
Old Dec 2, '06, 11:30 am

Thanks
You have to love em all. Will keep rolling along in Utah
God Bless
Old Dec 6, '06, 12:28 pm
Radio Club Member
Forum Supporter

Religion: Catholic with Traditional leanings

Just living a good life is a cop-out for cowards.

Yes we must all strive everyday for holiness.

But if we fail to tell others the good news, we are not carrying out the Great Commission. to spread the word of Christ.

Quote:
Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. And when they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came and spoke to them, sayng, 'All authority has been given to Me in heaven and in earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Faher and of the son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.' Matthew 28:16-20
I don't see anything about spreading the Word of God by just being a nice person here.

If we fail to correct the sins of our bothers, even good people, God will put their blood on our hands.

Quote:
18"When I say to the wicked, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to warn the wicked from his wicked way that he may live, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. 19"Yet if you have warned the wicked and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered yourself.
20"Again, when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I place an obstacle before him, he will die; since you have not warned him, he shall die in his sin, and his righteous deeds which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand.
21"However, if you have warned the righteous man that the righteous should not sin and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; and you have delivered yourself." Ezekiel 3:18-21

By the way, both of these quotes were Sunday readings during Cycle B. I guess people still don't listen to Ezekiel.

Every person, every soul, is of inestimable value.

Please, for the sake of souls, please continue with the radio spots. You never know what impact it will have, even years from now.
Old Dec 7, '06, 5:24 pm

Religion: CATHOLIC

I evangelize this way: I go through a conversation with someone and if they complement me on what I have said I tell them "Well our minisrty down at St Agnes was just speaking about the same situation last week. If you have any further questions let me know; here's their website. I write down the website and leave it go at that.
But good luck with the radio - the sweetest nuts are the hardest to crack!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Answers--Today > Radio (Catholic Answers Live)