Catholic FAQ


Latest Threads
newest posts



Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism
 

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search Thread Display
  #1  
Old Jan 21, '07, 2:20 pm
Marilena Marilena is offline
 
Join Date: October 16, 2005
Posts: 2,386
Religion: Catholic
Angry pasted on skin tight pants!

Today at Mass, when it was over, a woman came down from the rafter seat and i was on my way out of the church. She was wearing the most appalling attire i have ever seen at a Mass, NO Mass or TLM!

she had on the tightest pair of pasted on pants that i ever seen! i was deeply unahppy about it. i politely took her aside
and told her she should not wear such attire to Mass.

the guy who was with her told me she did not speak english, so i told him to tell her that she should wear more appropriate
attire to Mass, and in our church, you must if you are a woman, wear a long skirt/dress and a head covering.

i demonstrated to her when he told me she did not speak english, that she should wear a skirt and not skin tight pants and a head covering. the head covering thing was not what had offended me, it was the pasted on pants.

he only smiled when i told him what the girl ought to be wearing. it was like she came in her personal self if you know what i mean, without me getting blunt here.

i have never been so offended in my entire life. all the people who saw her were shocked to say the least. when i politely pointed to my skirt and my head covering i told her this is the attire we wear to Mass, she just laughed it off like it was no big deal.

i can't believe she wore the hooker pants to Mass! i never seen such a disgusting attire at Mass in my entire life! not in the NO and not in the TLM!
  #2  
Old Jan 21, '07, 2:28 pm
dulcissima dulcissima is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: July 23, 2005
Posts: 5,794
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: pasted on skin tight pants!

What a blessing that she didn't speak English.
  #3  
Old Jan 21, '07, 2:30 pm
Triumpha Triumpha is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 5, 2005
Posts: 102
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: pasted on skin tight pants!

I wonder if she'll come again now....

Triumpha.
__________________
Ignis Ardens forum
  #4  
Old Jan 21, '07, 2:30 pm
Kielbasi Kielbasi is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: December 11, 2004
Posts: 1,575
Religion: RC
Default Re: pasted on skin tight pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilena View Post
i can't believe she wore the hooker pants to Mass! i never seen such a disgusting attire at Mass in my entire life! not in the NO and not in the TLM!

Welcome to the 21st century. Almost everyone has seen people in grossly inappropriate attire in church, except maybe for those who only attend for weddings and funerals.

Its part of the age we live in, I don't know what can be done, unless we want to have the ushers enforce a dress code.
  #5  
Old Jan 21, '07, 2:31 pm
AquinaSavio AquinaSavio is offline
Forum Master
Prayer Warrior
 
Join Date: March 1, 2006
Posts: 13,286
Default Re: pasted on skin tight pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilena View Post
Today at Mass, when it was over, a woman came down from the rafter seat and i was on my way out of the church. She was wearing the most appalling attire i have ever seen at a Mass, NO Mass or TLM!

she had on the tightest pair of pasted on pants that i ever seen! i was deeply unahppy about it. i politely took her aside
and told her she should not wear such attire to Mass.

the guy who was with her told me she did not speak english, so i told him to tell her that she should wear more appropriate
attire to Mass, and in our church, you must if you are a woman, wear a long skirt/dress and a head covering.

i demonstrated to her when he told me she did not speak english, that she should wear a skirt and not skin tight pants and a head covering. the head covering thing was not what had offended me, it was the pasted on pants.

he only smiled when i told him what the girl ought to be wearing. it was like she came in her personal self if you know what i mean, without me getting blunt here.

i have never been so offended in my entire life. all the people who saw her were shocked to say the least. when i politely pointed to my skirt and my head covering i told her this is the attire we wear to Mass, she just laughed it off like it was no big deal.

i can't believe she wore the hooker pants to Mass! i never seen such a disgusting attire at Mass in my entire life! not in the NO and not in the TLM!
Unfortunately, that is so common. I get so upset when I see girls wearing that stuff, especially to Mass. The lack of respectful dress is bad enough (shorts, tank tops, Hawaiian shirts), but the downright immodesty is apalling.
  #6  
Old Jan 21, '07, 2:39 pm
Marilena Marilena is offline
 
Join Date: October 16, 2005
Posts: 2,386
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: pasted on skin tight pants!

the dress code is written on a large paper for everyone to see.
the guy could have told her about it. if she does come back,
and wears the same attire, i will talk to the priest.at least she knows now what not to wear to Mass.

i was not inappropriately talking harsh to her, i was very polite to her. she understood through the polite demonstration what i was talking about, and she shrugged it off like it was a hoot.


the pants were black, and one of those ultra thin type pants and low cut. her jacket was above her waist, and everyone could plainly see what she was wearing.

i have never been so disgusted in my life.
  #7  
Old Jan 21, '07, 2:42 pm
Karin Karin is offline
Banned
Book Club Member
 
Join Date: February 2, 2005
Posts: 7,261
Religion: Catholic
Send a message via Yahoo to Karin
Default Re: pasted on skin tight pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilena View Post
the dress code is written on a large paper for everyone to see.
the guy could have todl her about it. if she does come back,
and wears the same attire, i will talk to the priest.

i was not inappropriately talking harsh to her, i was very polite to her. she understood through the polite demonstration what i was talking about, and she shrugged it off like it was a hoot.


the pants were black, and one of those ultra thin type pants and low cut. her jacket was above her waist, and everyone could plainly see what she was wearing.

i have never been so disgusted in my life.
perhaps she was part of the local "working class " and entered the church for some warmth??
But I agree...that attire is not proper for the Church!
  #8  
Old Jan 21, '07, 2:44 pm
Marilena Marilena is offline
 
Join Date: October 16, 2005
Posts: 2,386
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: pasted on skin tight pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
perhaps she was part of the local "working class " and entered the church for some warmth??
But I agree...that attire is not proper for the Church!
no. her friend was dressed in a suit. no chance she was working. not at all. her whole pants looked like she had shown up in her birthday suit
  #9  
Old Jan 21, '07, 2:47 pm
dulcissima dulcissima is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: July 23, 2005
Posts: 5,794
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: pasted on skin tight pants!

Sometimes it is very difficult to see yourself as others see you. It is even more difficult to look at someone and see them as God sees them.
  #10  
Old Jan 21, '07, 2:47 pm
Karin Karin is offline
Banned
Book Club Member
 
Join Date: February 2, 2005
Posts: 7,261
Religion: Catholic
Send a message via Yahoo to Karin
Default Re: pasted on skin tight pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilena View Post
no. her friend was dressed in a suit. no chance she was working. not at all. her whole pants looked like she had shown up in her birthday suit
Sorry Marilena I think you missed my meaninng of "working class"...I was using the term to describe a "hooker"
  #11  
Old Jan 21, '07, 3:11 pm
Marilena Marilena is offline
 
Join Date: October 16, 2005
Posts: 2,386
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: pasted on skin tight pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
Sorry Marilena I think you missed my meaninng of "working class"...I was using the term to describe a "hooker"
No, she was not that type, only her pants. for the other poster, would you dress your tackiest in the House of God?
i doubt it. would the Blessed Virgin show up at your place in a pair of pants like that? i doubt it! so why show God such blatant disrespect?? i want my attire to be pleasing to our Lord! i would never show up at anyones house, especially Mass dressed like that!

Last edited by Marilena; Jan 21, '07 at 3:22 pm.
  #12  
Old Jan 21, '07, 3:25 pm
thechrismyster thechrismyster is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: July 12, 2004
Posts: 2,139
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: pasted on skin tight pants!

as an old italian grandmother would say....

"fatti i cavolacci tuoi"
__________________
hi
  #13  
Old Jan 21, '07, 3:29 pm
Marilena Marilena is offline
 
Join Date: October 16, 2005
Posts: 2,386
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: pasted on skin tight pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechrismyster View Post
as an old italian grandmother would say....

"fatti i cavolacci tuoi"
? none of my business? why shouldn't i have politely taken her aside and told her? we have a dress code and her attire is not appropriate. it sends the wrong message and is a distraction. so yes, she needed to be told and i wont apologize for that. not at all.
  #14  
Old Jan 21, '07, 3:31 pm
Cristiano Cristiano is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: March 6, 2006
Posts: 7,040
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: pasted on skin tight pants!

I have seen a youn woman coming to my parish dressed in what I would call a non reverent or exotic attire. I was puzzled but I did not say anything, I just looked when she talked to the priest asking him to bless something. Later, week after week I have seen her coming to Mass, then starting to change attire, then I started to see her in the confession line, and now she is just one of the other parishoners that is there on Sundays. I would not consider her attire elegant but it is not irreverent either. The Holy Spirit works in different ways. Sometimes He tells us to shut up (I am a loud mouth), and sometimes He asks us to speak up. We just do our best and make sure that what we do is for God's glory and not for ourselves.
  #15  
Old Jan 21, '07, 3:34 pm
Cristiano Cristiano is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: March 6, 2006
Posts: 7,040
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: pasted on skin tight pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechrismyster View Post
as an old italian grandmother would say....

"fatti i cavolacci tuoi"
That is a little bit harsh for a grandmother to say. But again, Italian grandmothers have strong opinions!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search Thread
Search Thread:

Advanced Search
Display

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Prayer Intentions

Most Active Groups
8304Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: GLam8833
5071CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: mountee
4358Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: lsbar
4035OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: 3DOCTORS
3853SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3617Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3264Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3212Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: Rifester
3203Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3070For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: B C Gill



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:54 am.

Home RSS Feeds - Home - Archive - Top

Copyright © 2004-2014, Catholic Answers.