Catholic FAQ

Help support Catholic Answers!

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Archive > Archive > CA Book Club: 2014 > Book 03: Divine Mercy in My Soul

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 17, '07, 9:37 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: St. Faustina's Diary: In notebooks: Discussion 1

O.K., folks, here we go!

I thought that I would break this down into themes, or subjects that we can discuss for a day or so, and then choose another topic, discuss, move on, etc.

I thought we could start with discussing the Divine Mercy Chaplet, as we are all probably familiar with this. I am going to include some key quotes from the Diary, so those of youw who do not have the book, or do not wish to look them up, can read them and still participate easily.
-------------------------------------------------

By evening my sufferings had reached such a stage of interior desolation that moans welled up involuntarily from my breast...the moans and pain that welled up from my soul took the place of a sweet conversation with the Lord. then suddenly I saw the Lord, who clasped me to His Heart and said to me, "My daughter, do not weep, for I cannot bear your tears. I will grant you everything you ask for but stop crying." And I was filled with great joy...Today, encouraged by His kindness , I conversed with Jesus at greater length. I told him,"Jesus, I have so much to tell You." And the Lord said to me with great love, "Speak, My daughter" ...."Oh, how ardently I desire that all mankind turn with trust to Your mercy.." Jesus listened to these outpourings of my heart with gravity and interest, as if He had known nothing about them, and this seemed to make it easier for me to talk. And the Lord said to me, "My daughter, those words of your heart are pleasing to Me, and by saying the chaplet you are bringing humankind closer to Me." After these words, I found myself alone, but the presence of God is always in my soul. (927-929)

"My daughter, encourage souls to say the chaplet which I have given to you. It pleases Me to grant everything they ask of Me by saying this chaplet. When hardened sinners say it, I will fill their souls with peace, and the hour of their death will be a happy one." (1541)

Write that when they say this chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between My Father and the dying person, not as the just Judge but as the merciful Saviour. (1541)

When I entered the chapel for a moment, the Lord said to me, My daughter, help Me to save a certain dying sinner. Say the chaplet that I have taught you for him. When I began to say the chaplet, I saw the man dying in the midst of terrible torment and struggle. His Guardian Angel was defending him, but he was, as it were, powerless against the enormity of the soul's misery. A multitude of devils was waiting for the soul. But while I was saying the chaplet, I saw Jesus just as He is depicted in the image. The rays which issued from Jesus' Heart enveloped the sick man, and the powers of darkness fled in panic. The sick man peacefully breathed his last. When I came to myself, I understood how very important the chaplet was for the dying. It appeases the anger of God. (1565)

Today I was awakened by a great storm. The wind was raging, and it was raining in torrents, thunderbolts striking again and again. I began to pray that the storm would do no harm, when I heard the words: Say the chaplet I have taught you, and the storm will cease. I began immediately to say the chaplet and hadn't even finished it when the storm suddenly ceased, and I heard the words; Through the chaplet you will obtain everything, if what you ask for is compatible with My will. (1731) -Ed. I would add therefore, that this is a great way to also know what is not God's will.

When a great storm was approaching, I began to say the chaplet. Suddenly I heard the voice of an angel: "I cannot approach in this storm, because the light which comes from her mouth drives back both me and the storm." Such was the angel's complaint to God. I then recognised how much havoc he was to have made through this storm; but I also recognised that this prayer was pleasing to God, and that this chaplet was most powerful. (1791)

Today, the Lord came to me and said, "My daughter, help Me to save souls. You will go to a dying sinner, and you will continue to recite the chaplet, and in this way you will obtain for him trust in My mercy, for he is already in despair." Suddenly, I found myself in a strange cottage where an elderly man was dying amidst great torments. All about the bed was a multitude of demons and the family, who were crying. When I began to pray, the spirits of darkness fled, with hissing and threats directed at me. The soul became calm and, filled with trust, rested in the Lord. At the same moment, I found myself again in my own room. How this happens...I do not know. (1798)

http://www.knocknovena.com/index.htm

Wife of 1
Mommy of 4
Slave to 11 chickens, 5 cats, 2 pigs, and 1 dog
Old May 17, '07, 6:42 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic

The the Divine Mercy Chaplet is a powerful prayer.
Couple of months ago, a lady that I knew was in the hospital dying. People at her church went to visit and prayed for her.

I wasn't there on that day, but people who visited her told me that they were trying to pray and mention too much about Satan and Evils . The lady was very weak but she tried to show unpleasant feeling. She didn't seem to like what people were praying.

They realized that and changed the way they prayed. They used the Divine Mercy chaplet, the lady felt at peace right away. Few hours later, she passed away peacefully.
Old May 17, '07, 6:51 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
Through the chaplet you will obtain everything, if what you ask for is compatible with My will.
How many times do we complain or have a thought that God doesn't grant us what we asked for?

We tend to remember "ask and you will be given" very often, but we forget that what we ask should be according to God's will.
Old May 17, '07, 11:32 pm
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic (formerly Methodist)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof4 View Post
Today I was awakened by a great storm. The wind was raging, and it was raining in torrents, thunderbolts striking again and again. I began to pray that the storm would do no harm, when I heard the words: Say the chaplet I have taught you, and the storm will cease. I began immediately to say the chaplet and hadn't even finished it when the storm suddenly ceased, and I heard the words; Through the chaplet you will obtain everything, if what you ask for is compatible with My will. (1731) -Ed. I would add therefore, that this is a great way to also know what is not God's will.
Two questions about this paragraph:
(1) Where did the "Editor's Note" come from?
(2) What does the red lettering signify?

"A religion without mystics is a philosophy."
Pope Francis

Old May 18, '07, 5:05 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunho View Post
Two questions about this paragraph:
(1) Where did the "Editor's Note" come from?
(2) What does the red lettering signify?
1. From the site that I copied the quotes from - sorry, I forgot to delete.
2. Red are the words Jesus spoke.

Wife of 1
Mommy of 4
Old May 18, '07, 6:31 am
Forum Elder

Religion: Unreformed

I find it amazing that in the Phillipines everything stops at 3 pm when the radios broadcast the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

Can you imagine what would happen in our countries if we were to do something similar? Gosh, I would smile if CBC did this.
Old May 18, '07, 7:12 am
Banned
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Epistemes Send a message via MSN to Epistemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani Ibi View Post
I find it amazing that in the Phillipines everything stops at 3 pm when the radios broadcast the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

Can you imagine what would happen in our countries if we were to do something similar? Gosh, I would smile if CBC did this.
I definitely think it's something our countries and our societies need! Not only an affirmation of God, but of His mercy!

Truly, things might turn around then.
Old May 18, '07, 7:17 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani Ibi View Post

CBC?

Wife of 1
Mommy of 4
Old May 18, '07, 8:05 am
Forum Elder

Religion: Unreformed

Quote:
CBC?
(Publically funded) Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. See CBC airs "The Altar Boy Gang"...CATHOLICS, BE HEARD!

I included the link so that we don't get off topic on this thread.
Old May 18, '07, 9:09 am

Smile Re: St. Faustina's Diary: In notebooks: Discussion 1

Quote:
I am a HUGE fan of the Divine Mercy Chaplet. It is kind of funny how it fits in my life. Every day that I say this chaplet, my day goes more smoothly, I feel more peaceful, and my depression and anxiety lift significantly. The days I don't say it, I am sad, anxious, and have an over all bummer day. Coinicidince? I think not. Now, if dummy here would just make it as much a routine as brushing her teeth, her life would be a whole lot easier!
This is a repeat, but I guess I just jumped ahead of things. I posted this in the other discusion about starting the Diary.

I have diagnosed depression and anxiety. This chaplet has such a calming effect for me and my life does indeed go more smoothly when I just remember to take the time to pray it.

Blessed Mommy to Noel
Old May 18, '07, 9:14 am

Quote:
Then suddenly I saw the Lord, who clasped me to His Heart and said to me, "My daughter, do not weep, for I cannot bear your tears. I will grant you everything you ask for but stop crying."
This is just the sweetest line. I am !!! With depression I tend to get into periods of weepiness. It would be so wonderful to think that Jesus is the same way when we cry. How beautiful!

Blessed Mommy to Noel
Old May 18, '07, 9:15 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert in 99 View Post
This is just the sweetest line. I am !!! With depression I tend to get into periods of weepiness. It would be so wonderful to think that Jesus is the same way when we cry. How beautiful!
He kinda sounds like a husband, huh?

Wife of 1
Mommy of 4
Old May 18, '07, 9:19 am

Quote:
Yes!

Blessed Mommy to Noel
Old May 18, '07, 9:24 am

Quote:
It also shows how St. Faustina was SO perfectly in tune with the will of God! There are many times where the Lord probably looks at me like, "you can throw your tantrum like a child, but I am not going to give you something that will be bad for you in the long run." It's hard not being a saint! But we will get there yet!

Blessed Mommy to Noel
Old May 18, '07, 10:09 am
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert in 99 View Post

I loved this line as well! That Jesus, our Divine Savior, is so affected by her tears! It makes me realize that God is so much more available to us than we ever thought. All we have to do is ask and He is with us. How wonderful and comforting!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Archive > Archive > CA Book Club: 2014 > Book 03: Divine Mercy in My Soul