Catholic FAQ


Latest Threads
newest posts



Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics
 

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

View Poll Results: Who is the anti-Christ?
Ellen Gould White 3 3.16%
Martin Luther 11 11.58%
Muhammed 39 41.05%
Jack Chick 42 44.21%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search Thread Display
  #91  
Old Jul 30, '05, 8:20 pm
roamer roamer is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: October 26, 2004
Posts: 23
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithfulLvng
I agree that Benjemin Creme is basically the John the Baptist of the antichrist Meitraya. Be very careful to pray for protection before you read anything on him. They even offer his magazine in the library!
I agree with both Lisa4Catholics (#38) and FaithfulLvng (#63). This is a very scary group.

I just now listened to an interview from 7/19/05 ( http://www.endtime.com/radiohtm.asp#archive ), where Benjamin Creme did say (and repeated it) "Jesus is not the Christ. Jesus was a symbol of the Christ overshadowed by Maitreya." (about 37 minuites into the program)

Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father. He who confesses the Son has the Father also. (1 John 2:22 - 23)

roamer
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old Jul 30, '05, 8:47 pm
GoldenArrow GoldenArrow is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: July 27, 2005
Posts: 532
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

I'm going to quote from my second favorite religious book (number one being the Bible) and that is Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma, written in 1955 by Dr. Ludwig Ott. Imprimatur. I like this book because it contains all the Infallible Dogmas in bold print, stating them clearly and consisely.

There are things written in the Teaching Deposit about the Signs of the Second Coming. I'm going to only focus on the appearance of antichrist. Omitted sections, will be paraphrased (...). If you wish to know the full explanations, I'll be happy to post them later..

Signs of the Second coming pp. 486-487, Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma
a. Preaching of the whole gospel to the whole world ...
b. Conversion of the Jews ...
c. Falling away from the faith ...
d. The appearance of Antichrist The falling-away from the Faith stands in a causal connection with the appearance of Antichrist. 2 Thess 2, 3:"unless there be a revolt first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition. Who opposeth and is lifted up above all that is called God or that is worshipped, so that he sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself as if he were God." He appears in the power of Satan, works apparent miracles, in order to lead men astray into the falling-away from the truth and into unrighteousness, and to cast them into the destruction (V. 9-11). [Golden Arrow's note: I think the "V" reference is to the Vulgate??]. The Lord Jesus will, on His arrival, kill him "with the spirit of his mouth," that is, destroy him with a power proceeding from him (V. 8). The name Antichrist is first used by St. John (1 John 2, 18. 22; 4,3; 2 John 2, 7); but he also designates the false teachers, who speak in the spirit of Antichrist, by this name. According to Saints Paul and John, Antichrist is to appear as a definite human personality who is the instrument of Satan. The Didiache speaks of a "seducer of the world" (16, 4).
e. Severe tribulations ...

Basically, the Antichrist first comes as a spirit who works through the minds of the unrighteous, and the most unrighteous are termed, "antichrists." There are many Antichrists: Hitler, Nero, Stalin, etc... However, near the Second Coming, the Spirit of Antichrist roams the world, searching for souls to devour, speaks through a multitude of false prophets, and also manifests itself in the culmination of all human sin and evil in a real definite person called THE Antichrist, Son of Perdition. The actual person of the Antichrist is the one human being MOST influenced by Satan in all history of Humanity, in a nutshell.

If we're living in the time period that is near the Second Coming, we have three problems: 1) Spirit of Antichrist creating many unrighteous people and many Antichrists simultaneously 2) Spirit of Antichrist speaking through a huge host of false prophets (just look at all the self-proclaimed "visionaries" and "seers"!!!) 3) Spirit of Antichrist being the embodiment of a single human personality, i.e. a person completely possessed by Satan, so much so, that he no longer has a soul. This last person, the Son of Perdition has complete control of group number one and group number two, through the power of the Devil.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old Jul 31, '05, 7:55 pm
Pace Pace is offline
 
Join Date: May 21, 2004
Posts: 307
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

How could a "falling away" ever occur externally? It seems like it would have to be a falling away of the mind and heart - at least at first. I know that this was mentioned above as one of the possible scenarios...

The Passion of the Christ still seems like the best candidate.

To me it seems obvious that this movie came about because of a universal (among the orthodox) frustration with God's inaction (read: his infinite mercy) on our part against those who persecute us in this insane world. Did we drag the Lord down from heaven with this movie? Are we saying to him, "Now, do the job you were supposed to do!"

And now, how would we react if He told us that he had nothing to do with the making of The Passion? Would we be angry with Him even more?
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old Aug 1, '05, 10:14 am
trth_skr trth_skr is offline
 
Join Date: March 15, 2005
Posts: 1,188
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace
How could a "falling away" ever occur externally? It seems like it would have to be a falling away of the mind and heart - at least at first. I know that this was mentioned above as one of the possible scenarios...

The Passion of the Christ still seems like the best candidate.

To me it seems obvious that this movie came about because of a universal (among the orthodox) frustration with God's inaction (read: his infinite mercy) on our part against those who persecute us in this insane world. Did we drag the Lord down from heaven with this movie? Are we saying to him, "Now, do the job you were supposed to do!"

And now, how would we react if He told us that he had nothing to do with the making of The Passion? Would we be angry with Him even more?
I do not remember who said this (Padre Pio?), but basically, this person said that the faithful are constantly praying to God to deliver us, protect us, etc. At some point when things get really bad and many innocents are suffering intolerably, the faithful will start praying for the destruction of this world to stop the suffering. I do not know if we have gotten to this point yet, but with rampant abortion and other issues, we are approaching it.

Mark
www.veritas-catholic.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old Aug 1, '05, 10:42 am
E.E.N.S. E.E.N.S. is offline
Book Club Member
 
Join Date: June 29, 2004
Posts: 2,630
Religion: Catholic (Latin Rite)
Send a message via AIM to E.E.N.S.
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trth_skr
I do not remember who said this (Padre Pio?), but basically, this person said that the faithful are constantly praying to God to deliver us, protect us, etc. At some point when things get really bad and many innocents are suffering intolerably, the faithful will start praying for the destruction of this world to stop the suffering. I do not know if we have gotten to this point yet, but with rampant abortion and other issues, we are approaching it.

Mark
www.veritas-catholic.blogspot.com
We must remember that everything (aside from sin) comes from the hand of God, and He directs all things for our best. "For gold and silver are tried in the fire, but acceptable men in the furnace of humiliation." Eccl. 2:5

__________________

"When the Holy Spirit finds Mary in a soul, He flies to it. He enters therein and communicates Himself to that soul in abundance."
~St. Louis Grignion de Montfort
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old Aug 1, '05, 11:59 am
Pondero Pondero is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: October 30, 2004
Posts: 367
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

I think the anti-Christ is Prime Minister Paul Martin of Canada, for introducing and passing same-sex marriage legislation recently


At the very least he shouldn't be able to get away with calling himself a "good Catholic" and Archbishop Gervais of Ottawa, instead of thinking the PM a valued member of his flock should deny him Holy Communion.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old Aug 1, '05, 1:07 pm
Fish Fish is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: July 5, 2005
Posts: 61
Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

I vote for Hilary Clinton
__________________
Pax Vobiscum
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old Aug 2, '05, 2:37 pm
Hilario Hilario is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: May 18, 2004
Posts: 11
Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

Well we do not see it, but we created this anti-Christ. Actually the MONEY, the wealth that we're thinking helpful to us. But this will surely grab the Lord away from our heart.

Think about it, if you have no more job or no money at all, you will turn to God to pray to give you money, something like we're going to God because of this money but not actually seeking for His kingdom. Simply all of us seeking this first than God, we're afraid to become poor, we always praying this. The root of all evil and it's everywhere. Felt tortured without money, but comparing how do we really feel whithout God in our life? It's far nothing if you have a lot of money!
__________________
Bro. Hilario
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old Aug 7, '05, 8:43 pm
magdalisa magdalisa is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: October 29, 2004
Posts: 57
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbreese
The World Wide Web The web is supported by processing speeds that double about every eighteen months. Based on history, this is a linear progression, and by all educated accounts, its speed is expected to continue to grow at that same rate. Every ten years, its speed and resulting power increase by about 120 times. In about 45 years it will reach a point of ability to do what is being called Divine calculations. It was made available on the internet in the summer of 1991. It was proposed in 1989 by Tim Berners-Lee as a global hypertext project to allow people to combine their knowledge. The mark of a man. A great research tool. Christians like it, but do not worship it. It can be turned off at several points, but it is now basically impossible to turn it all off.......ever, ever. The World Wide Web’s compounding growth has not and cannot be matched by any religion. It is the latest addiction and certainly takes many people out of and away from the church. A jealous God does not like losing even one soul. This Beast is here, NOW. People in the know suggest it will attain a "machine like consciousness" within a matter of years. This is noted to make the reader aware of the awesome growing power of this man-made, from the earth, World Wide Web. The technical definition of the World Wide Web is: all the resources and users on the internet that are using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (http). The broader definition is: the universe of network-accessable information, an embodiment of human knowledge. Google has over six billion pages of information. They expect to grow and eventually will be able to accomadate every page ever written, all available to 2024 Weblings. On almost every Web Page that "comes up" to be seen on a monitor, the only consistent "mark" of this beast is http://www. To men in Jesus’ time, this enclosed "sea" of light, fire and visions were quite remarkable. At the top of every page, the light in the monitor is projecting an image of every page viewed onto and through the screen in front of you, into your eyes and onto your face. Top of the page, is the location of the Beast’s mark, right into your forehead. Look at anyone’s face from the side while they are online. You will see the image on their face, it is even clearer to see in a dark room or when they have the reflection off of eyeglasses. Put your thumb up to any light bulb and see the light penetrating into your skin, into. Obvious mark. Look at any computer, laptop or desktop, with the World Wide Web on........now picture yourself almost 2000 years ago trying to describe it. Daniel and John had never seen plastic, glass, a keyboard, or light projected electronically (all man-made from the earth). Based on John’s understanding, he best describes the feet of a bear for the keypad; leopard spots for the keys and a sea for the artifical light (fire) and all while he (John) viewed this standing on the seashore’s sand. The electronically generated, second hand, dead pan voice from computer speakers and rectangularly enclosed monitor screen would certainly seem arrogant and look like the mouth of a roaring lion to John. He saw a mouse set up for the right hand. Palm Pilots, cell phones, and credit cards are now intricately tied into Web access and are used with the right hand. The development of a new protocol system was announced in 2002. Every computer, mobile phone, digital camera or other device must be assigned a unique identification number or web address. Isaac Asimov wrote a short story, "The Last Question", about a supercomputer named "Multivac" which ends with the computer saying, "Let there be light". This is about one sixth of the document that is at the Vatican. For a full copy, including Bible references and quotes of confirmation from learned people, call Daryl 661.703.4444 IHS
VERY interesting case.....thanks

peace--
magdalisa
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old Aug 7, '05, 10:37 pm
AlanFromWichita AlanFromWichita is offline
Banned
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: August 17, 2004
Posts: 13,587
Religion: catholic
Send a message via AIM to AlanFromWichita
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

The world, and the entire body of those whose Gods are temporal and worldly.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old Aug 9, '05, 12:51 pm
Shredder Shredder is offline
Observing Member
 
Join Date: August 2, 2005
Posts: 3
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

Maitreya

http://www.share-international.org/maitreya/Ma_main.htm

The claims of this person is speculative. Benjamin Creme, the official spokesperson for Maitreya.

Creme said that it was Maitreya's consciousness that worked through Jesus during his final three years leading up to the crucifixion. Maitreya, he added, also gave advice and instructions to Yasser Arafat, whom Creme characterized as a "great man."


This guy is creepy


Shredder
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old Apr 16, '08, 10:45 pm
bon saul bon saul is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: February 9, 2008
Posts: 15
Religion: Catholic, Baptism/conversion impending
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

Nero, enemy of Rome, who bore the number of the Beast.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old Apr 17, '08, 7:12 am
clmowry clmowry is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: October 24, 2004
Posts: 2,695
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

I would have to go with: "There have been many anti-christs." However, I still believe that there will be "the" biggest baddest and last anti-christ at some point in time.

I do not buy that Revelation was "just" pointing to the roman emperor.


Chuck
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old Apr 17, '08, 2:56 pm
rpp rpp is offline
Radio Club Member
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: October 19, 2006
Posts: 11,713
Religion: Catholic with Traditional leanings
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

It is so cool to see a four year old thread revived.

Too bad there were "someone we do not know yet" and "all of the above" choices.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old Mar 8, '11, 7:48 pm
mrphilosophias mrphilosophias is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: January 27, 2011
Posts: 35
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Who is the anti-Christ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
I'm going to quote from my second favorite religious book (number one being the Bible) and that is Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma, written in 1955 by Dr. Ludwig Ott. Imprimatur. I like this book because it contains all the Infallible Dogmas in bold print, stating them clearly and consisely.

There are things written in the Teaching Deposit about the Signs of the Second Coming. I'm going to only focus on the appearance of antichrist. Omitted sections, will be paraphrased (...). If you wish to know the full explanations, I'll be happy to post them later..

Signs of the Second coming pp. 486-487, Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma
a. Preaching of the whole gospel to the whole world ...
b. Conversion of the Jews ...
c. Falling away from the faith ...
d. The appearance of Antichrist The falling-away from the Faith stands in a causal connection with the appearance of Antichrist. 2 Thess 2, 3:"unless there be a revolt first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition. Who opposeth and is lifted up above all that is called God or that is worshipped, so that he sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself as if he were God." He appears in the power of Satan, works apparent miracles, in order to lead men astray into the falling-away from the truth and into unrighteousness, and to cast them into the destruction (V. 9-11). [Golden Arrow's note: I think the "V" reference is to the Vulgate??]. The Lord Jesus will, on His arrival, kill him "with the spirit of his mouth," that is, destroy him with a power proceeding from him (V. 8). The name Antichrist is first used by St. John (1 John 2, 18. 22; 4,3; 2 John 2, 7); but he also designates the false teachers, who speak in the spirit of Antichrist, by this name. According to Saints Paul and John, Antichrist is to appear as a definite human personality who is the instrument of Satan. The Didiache speaks of a "seducer of the world" (16, 4).
e. Severe tribulations ...

Basically, the Antichrist first comes as a spirit who works through the minds of the unrighteous, and the most unrighteous are termed, "antichrists." There are many Antichrists: Hitler, Nero, Stalin, etc... However, near the Second Coming, the Spirit of Antichrist roams the world, searching for souls to devour, speaks through a multitude of false prophets, and also manifests itself in the culmination of all human sin and evil in a real definite person called THE Antichrist, Son of Perdition. The actual person of the Antichrist is the one human being MOST influenced by Satan in all history of Humanity, in a nutshell.

If we're living in the time period that is near the Second Coming, we have three problems: 1) Spirit of Antichrist creating many unrighteous people and many Antichrists simultaneously 2) Spirit of Antichrist speaking through a huge host of false prophets (just look at all the self-proclaimed "visionaries" and "seers"!!!) 3) Spirit of Antichrist being the embodiment of a single human personality, i.e. a person completely possessed by Satan, so much so, that he no longer has a soul. This last person, the Son of Perdition has complete control of group number one and group number two, through the power of the Devil.
the truth and gospel has been going out over at godlikeproductions.com but there are alot of liars and deceivers there. The Catholics over there definitely need some help defending against bad information from misinformed/malicious people. The site is seen all over the world by 2 million people a day, and it is filled with lies, misrepresentations, and fallacy, which is misleading a lot of people!

I agree it is probably Maitreya allegedly Raj Patel and his devious new age psychobabblers; I've encountered one of these alleged "masters of wisdom" once, and he was very charismatic, Nordic looking, had a certain spiritual vibe about him, and came with flowery prose and esoteric astrology. Alot of people are attracted to him and his new age 'wisdom'. He claimed to me he was from pleiades and that he wanted me to let him into my dreams and he would take me onto the astral plane. Guess he didn't realize what he was getting himself into. This guy is basically setting up a cult in a near by town, and if anyone is in Bucks County, PA then pm me, as I would like to go out with others to hand out apologetics.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search Thread
Search Thread:

Advanced Search
Display

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Prayer Intentions

Most Active Groups
8301Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Thomas Choe
5069CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4351Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: FootStool
4035OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: 3DOCTORS
3851SOLITUDE
Last by: tuscany
3610Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3263Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3210Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: 4elise
3190Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child
3066For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: Thomas Choe



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 1:49 am.

Home RSS Feeds - Home - Archive - Top

Copyright © 2004-2014, Catholic Answers.