Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Social Justice

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Jul 24, '07, 1:23 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default "Choice" Is....

[Warning - Graphic Images Follow]

Click on below for picture...

See larger version

More...

http://www.prolifeaction.org/#tour

--------

Pro-Abort Chicken Dance (VIDEO)

http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2....html#comments

OMSoul.com, PureLoveClub.com (Chastity Education - Jason Evert), ChristopherWest.com, InForumBlog.com, LifeSiteNews.com, Catholic Answers Live, EWTN.com.

Last edited by Ferdinand Mary; Jul 25, '07 at 10:34 pm.
Old Jul 25, '07, 11:48 am
Forum Master

Default Re: "Choice" Is....

"Choice" Is.... a figleaf to cover up the grisly, premeditated murder of the most helpless and innocent amongst us.
Old Jul 25, '07, 12:23 pm

Religion: Catholic, Obl.OSB

Pictures like that are so disgusting that I don't want to be associated with those who call themselves pro-life.

It's quite an accomplishment to alienate those who are on your side.
Old Jul 25, '07, 12:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuscipeMeDomine View Post
Pictures like that are so disgusting that I don't want to be associated with those who call themselves pro-life.

I agree with you, SMD. I had an encounter with some pickets, of a verbally unpleasant nature, when I stopped to talk about ADOPTION. They would not let me speak...and just considered me their enemy. One woman decided to speak to me privately as we walked down the street...
Old Jul 25, '07, 1:00 pm

...what got Adam and Eve kicked out of the Garden. It isn't the act of choosing, but the action the choice results in.
Old Jul 25, '07, 1:01 pm
Forum Master

Quote:

So instead of feeloing anger and disgust at those who killed those babies, you direct your anger at those who brought the grisly crimes to your attention?
Old Jul 25, '07, 1:04 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Send a message via AIM to PKoucheravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern humphrey View Post
So instead of feeloing anger and disgust at those who killed those babies, you direct your anger at those who brought the grisly crimes to your attention?
On the one hand, people need to see what the results of abortion really are and be shocked past their apathy.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want my little kids seeing that.

Time and place, time and place...
Old Jul 25, '07, 1:10 pm
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKoucheravy View Post
On the one hand, people need to see what the results of abortion really are and be shocked past their apathy.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want my little kids seeing that.

Time and place, time and place...
As I have pointed out, when I was about 3 1/2, I saw grisly detailed footage of the Concentration Camps in the Movietone News that accompanied every movie. It did me a world of good -- it was like being vaccinated against dictatorships.

If your kids see it, treat it as if they had seen a dog doing something you don't think they should see -- explain it to them.
Old Jul 25, '07, 1:23 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Send a message via AIM to PKoucheravy

Quote:
As I have pointed out, when I was about 3 1/2, I saw grisly detailed footage of the Concentration Camps in the Movietone News that accompanied every movie. It did me a world of good -- it was like being vaccinated against dictatorships.

If your kids see it, treat it as if they had seen a dog doing something you don't think they should see -- explain it to them.
I do not have children yet, but I would imagine that talking to your kids about every disturbing thing they see is easier said than done. Some people handle things better than others.

We talk to soldiers about how to handle the disturbing things we see on the battlefield, but some soldiers come to love violence and some soldiers go AWOL.

Forcing a disturbing image on someone just seems a bit off to me.
Old Jul 25, '07, 1:41 pm
Forum Master

Quote:
I do not have children yet, but I would imagine that talking to your kids about every disturbing thing they see is easier said than done. Some people handle things better than others.
No one ever said being a parent was easy. But parents who deal with problems by sweeping them under the rug find it tends to come back to haunt them.
Quote:
We talk to soldiers about how to handle the disturbing things we see on the battlefield, but some soldiers come to love violence and some soldiers go AWOL.
That's not my experience -- and I've commanded four companies, two of them in combat.
Quote:
I
Forcing a disturbing image on someone just seems a bit off to me.
Who's "forcing" anything on anyone?
Old Jul 25, '07, 2:27 pm

Religion: Catholic, Obl.OSB

Quote:
There's plenty of violence and ugliness in the world without going out of your way to add to it.

Some of the new ultrasound pictures I've seen are absolutely amazing. Seeing a beautiful baby in utero with an appropriate slogan might soften hearts. Ultimately that's the only thing that's going to change the world.
Old Jul 25, '07, 2:28 pm

I am sorry but anyone who is even slightly liberal on the abortion issue I find to be repulsive.
First, there are those who are pro-choice. Give me a break. Sick. You think a form of murder should be legal.

Second, there are those who are "personally opposed to abortion" but would never tell anyone else that they couldn't have one. TRANSLATION: "I am personally opposed to murder and gendoncide/infanticide but I would never tell someone else not to participate." Sick! You know its murder but you think it should be legal.

Third, there are those who think that we should not show images of what abortion really is. Again, give me a break. The only real reason people are offended by those images is that they know that illustrates what abortion really is and forces people to confront their guilty consciences on the matter. These people are more concerned about how good everyone FEELS than they are about the fact that babies are being murdered every day! SICK SICK SICK!
Old Jul 25, '07, 2:34 pm
Forum Master

Quote:
There's plenty of violence and ugliness in the world without going out of your way to add to it.
It is the people who committed these grisly crimes, killing these innocent children who "added to the violence and ugliness in the world" -- not the people who exposed their crimes for the rest of us to see.
Quote:
Some of the new ultrasound pictures I've seen are absolutely amazing. Seeing a beautiful baby in utero with an appropriate slogan might soften hearts. Ultimately that's the only thing that's going to change the world.
That's why I'm working for 4D ulrasound to be defined as part of Informed Consent -- a woman who was not shown a 4D ulrasound before undergoing an anbortion would have the right to sue later.
Old Jul 25, '07, 3:31 pm

Quote:
It is the people who committed these grisly crimes, killing these innocent children who "added to the violence and ugliness in the world" -- not the people who exposed their crimes for the rest of us to see.

That's why I'm working for 4D ulrasound to be defined as part of Informed Consent -- a woman who was not shown a 4D ulrasound before undergoing an anbortion would have the right to sue later.
I think this it is a FANTASTIC idea to make the mother see their baby before making that horrible decision.

michel
Old Jul 25, '07, 3:40 pm

I am a Catholic father of four young boys.
I go to abortion clinics to pray outside for 3 hours at a stint.
I'm staunchly pro-life.

The sidewalk counselors outside the clinics DO give material to those going inside that show photos like these.
Many of these mothers come out of the clinics crying ... and still pregnant .. having made the right 'choice' to carry their babies to term.

The highway is not a place for my 3, 5, 7, and 8 year olds to see graphic murder pictures.

I'm not ready to traumatize these young minds about such atrocities. When I am ready, I will have that discussion with each of them. That timing is for ME to decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by East and West View Post
Third, there are those who think that we should not show images of what abortion really is. Again, give me a break. The only real reason people are offended by those images is that they know that illustrates what abortion really is and forces people to confront their guilty consciences on the matter. These people are more concerned about how good everyone FEELS than they are about the fact that babies are being murdered every day! SICK SICK SICK!
You are wrong on this. I'm only against showing those images to children. I have no guilty conscience in regard to abortion. I am only concerned about how children feel. I care DEEPLY about the fact taht babies are being murdered every day.

The listing of your three categories is narrow and does not describe all those that might be opposed to showing abortion pictures on the side of the highway.

michel

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Social Justice