Catholic FAQ


Latest Threads
newest posts



Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Social Justice
 

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search Thread Display
  #1  
Old Jul 24, '07, 1:23 pm
PLAL PLAL is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: September 8, 2004
Posts: 1,646
Religion: Catholic
Default "Choice" Is....

[Warning - Graphic Images Follow]

Click on below for picture...

See larger version

More...

http://www.prolifeaction.org/#tour


--------

Pro-Abort Chicken Dance (VIDEO)

http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2....html#comments
__________________
Recommended Websites -

OMSoul.com, PureLoveClub.com (Chastity Education - Jason Evert), ChristopherWest.com, InForumBlog.com, LifeSiteNews.com, Catholic Answers Live, EWTN.com.

Last edited by Ferdinand Mary; Jul 25, '07 at 10:34 pm.
  #2  
Old Jul 25, '07, 11:48 am
vern humphrey vern humphrey is offline
Forum Master
 
Join Date: September 12, 2004
Posts: 18,875
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: "Choice" Is....

"Choice" Is.... a figleaf to cover up the grisly, premeditated murder of the most helpless and innocent amongst us.
  #3  
Old Jul 25, '07, 12:23 pm
SuscipeMeDomine SuscipeMeDomine is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 5,161
Religion: Catholic, Obl.OSB
Default Re: "Choice" Is....

Pictures like that are so disgusting that I don't want to be associated with those who call themselves pro-life.

It's quite an accomplishment to alienate those who are on your side.
  #4  
Old Jul 25, '07, 12:40 pm
Amolibri Amolibri is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 15, 2007
Posts: 367
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: "Choice" Is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuscipeMeDomine View Post
Pictures like that are so disgusting that I don't want to be associated with those who call themselves pro-life.

It's quite an accomplishment to alienate those who are on your side.
I agree with you, SMD. I had an encounter with some pickets, of a verbally unpleasant nature, when I stopped to talk about ADOPTION. They would not let me speak...and just considered me their enemy. One woman decided to speak to me privately as we walked down the street...
__________________
Government ... canít be trusted to control its own bureaucrats or collect taxes equitably or fill a pothole, much less decide which of its citizens to kill.
SR.HELEN PREJEAN
www.votethecommongood.com
  #5  
Old Jul 25, '07, 1:00 pm
Verisimilitude Verisimilitude is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: April 6, 2007
Posts: 2,417
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: "Choice" Is....

...what got Adam and Eve kicked out of the Garden. It isn't the act of choosing, but the action the choice results in.
  #6  
Old Jul 25, '07, 1:01 pm
vern humphrey vern humphrey is offline
Forum Master
 
Join Date: September 12, 2004
Posts: 18,875
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: "Choice" Is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuscipeMeDomine View Post
Pictures like that are so disgusting that I don't want to be associated with those who call themselves pro-life.

It's quite an accomplishment to alienate those who are on your side.
So instead of feeloing anger and disgust at those who killed those babies, you direct your anger at those who brought the grisly crimes to your attention?
  #7  
Old Jul 25, '07, 1:04 pm
PKoucheravy PKoucheravy is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: July 9, 2007
Posts: 42
Religion: Roman Catholic
Send a message via AIM to PKoucheravy
Default Re: "Choice" Is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern humphrey View Post
So instead of feeloing anger and disgust at those who killed those babies, you direct your anger at those who brought the grisly crimes to your attention?
On the one hand, people need to see what the results of abortion really are and be shocked past their apathy.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want my little kids seeing that.

Time and place, time and place...
  #8  
Old Jul 25, '07, 1:10 pm
vern humphrey vern humphrey is offline
Forum Master
 
Join Date: September 12, 2004
Posts: 18,875
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: "Choice" Is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKoucheravy View Post
On the one hand, people need to see what the results of abortion really are and be shocked past their apathy.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want my little kids seeing that.

Time and place, time and place...
As I have pointed out, when I was about 3 1/2, I saw grisly detailed footage of the Concentration Camps in the Movietone News that accompanied every movie. It did me a world of good -- it was like being vaccinated against dictatorships.

If your kids see it, treat it as if they had seen a dog doing something you don't think they should see -- explain it to them.
  #9  
Old Jul 25, '07, 1:23 pm
PKoucheravy PKoucheravy is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: July 9, 2007
Posts: 42
Religion: Roman Catholic
Send a message via AIM to PKoucheravy
Default Re: "Choice" Is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern humphrey View Post
As I have pointed out, when I was about 3 1/2, I saw grisly detailed footage of the Concentration Camps in the Movietone News that accompanied every movie. It did me a world of good -- it was like being vaccinated against dictatorships.

If your kids see it, treat it as if they had seen a dog doing something you don't think they should see -- explain it to them.
I do not have children yet, but I would imagine that talking to your kids about every disturbing thing they see is easier said than done. Some people handle things better than others.

We talk to soldiers about how to handle the disturbing things we see on the battlefield, but some soldiers come to love violence and some soldiers go AWOL.

Forcing a disturbing image on someone just seems a bit off to me.
  #10  
Old Jul 25, '07, 1:41 pm
vern humphrey vern humphrey is offline
Forum Master
 
Join Date: September 12, 2004
Posts: 18,875
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: "Choice" Is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKoucheravy View Post
I do not have children yet, but I would imagine that talking to your kids about every disturbing thing they see is easier said than done. Some people handle things better than others.
No one ever said being a parent was easy. But parents who deal with problems by sweeping them under the rug find it tends to come back to haunt them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKoucheravy View Post
We talk to soldiers about how to handle the disturbing things we see on the battlefield, but some soldiers come to love violence and some soldiers go AWOL.
That's not my experience -- and I've commanded four companies, two of them in combat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKoucheravy View Post
I
Forcing a disturbing image on someone just seems a bit off to me.
Who's "forcing" anything on anyone?
  #11  
Old Jul 25, '07, 2:27 pm
SuscipeMeDomine SuscipeMeDomine is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 5,161
Religion: Catholic, Obl.OSB
Default Re: "Choice" Is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern humphrey View Post
So instead of feeloing anger and disgust at those who killed those babies, you direct your anger at those who brought the grisly crimes to your attention?
There's plenty of violence and ugliness in the world without going out of your way to add to it.

Some of the new ultrasound pictures I've seen are absolutely amazing. Seeing a beautiful baby in utero with an appropriate slogan might soften hearts. Ultimately that's the only thing that's going to change the world.
  #12  
Old Jul 25, '07, 2:28 pm
East and West East and West is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 1,984
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: "Choice" Is....

I am sorry but anyone who is even slightly liberal on the abortion issue I find to be repulsive.
First, there are those who are pro-choice. Give me a break. Sick. You think a form of murder should be legal.

Second, there are those who are "personally opposed to abortion" but would never tell anyone else that they couldn't have one. TRANSLATION: "I am personally opposed to murder and gendoncide/infanticide but I would never tell someone else not to participate." Sick! You know its murder but you think it should be legal.

Third, there are those who think that we should not show images of what abortion really is. Again, give me a break. The only real reason people are offended by those images is that they know that illustrates what abortion really is and forces people to confront their guilty consciences on the matter. These people are more concerned about how good everyone FEELS than they are about the fact that babies are being murdered every day! SICK SICK SICK!
  #13  
Old Jul 25, '07, 2:34 pm
vern humphrey vern humphrey is offline
Forum Master
 
Join Date: September 12, 2004
Posts: 18,875
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: "Choice" Is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuscipeMeDomine View Post
There's plenty of violence and ugliness in the world without going out of your way to add to it.
It is the people who committed these grisly crimes, killing these innocent children who "added to the violence and ugliness in the world" -- not the people who exposed their crimes for the rest of us to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuscipeMeDomine View Post
Some of the new ultrasound pictures I've seen are absolutely amazing. Seeing a beautiful baby in utero with an appropriate slogan might soften hearts. Ultimately that's the only thing that's going to change the world.
That's why I'm working for 4D ulrasound to be defined as part of Informed Consent -- a woman who was not shown a 4D ulrasound before undergoing an anbortion would have the right to sue later.
  #14  
Old Jul 25, '07, 3:31 pm
cazayoux cazayoux is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: May 25, 2004
Posts: 1,547
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: "Choice" Is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern humphrey View Post
It is the people who committed these grisly crimes, killing these innocent children who "added to the violence and ugliness in the world" -- not the people who exposed their crimes for the rest of us to see.

That's why I'm working for 4D ulrasound to be defined as part of Informed Consent -- a woman who was not shown a 4D ulrasound before undergoing an anbortion would have the right to sue later.
I think this it is a FANTASTIC idea to make the mother see their baby before making that horrible decision.

michel
__________________
... give, expecting nothing thereof
  #15  
Old Jul 25, '07, 3:40 pm
cazayoux cazayoux is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: May 25, 2004
Posts: 1,547
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: "Choice" Is....

I am a Catholic father of four young boys.
I go to abortion clinics to pray outside for 3 hours at a stint.
I'm staunchly pro-life.

The sidewalk counselors outside the clinics DO give material to those going inside that show photos like these.
Many of these mothers come out of the clinics crying ... and still pregnant .. having made the right 'choice' to carry their babies to term.

The highway is not a place for my 3, 5, 7, and 8 year olds to see graphic murder pictures.

I'm not ready to traumatize these young minds about such atrocities. When I am ready, I will have that discussion with each of them. That timing is for ME to decide.


Quote:
Originally Posted by East and West View Post
Third, there are those who think that we should not show images of what abortion really is. Again, give me a break. The only real reason people are offended by those images is that they know that illustrates what abortion really is and forces people to confront their guilty consciences on the matter. These people are more concerned about how good everyone FEELS than they are about the fact that babies are being murdered every day! SICK SICK SICK!
You are wrong on this. I'm only against showing those images to children. I have no guilty conscience in regard to abortion. I am only concerned about how children feel. I care DEEPLY about the fact taht babies are being murdered every day.

The listing of your three categories is narrow and does not describe all those that might be opposed to showing abortion pictures on the side of the highway.

michel
__________________
... give, expecting nothing thereof
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Social Justice

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search Thread
Search Thread:

Advanced Search
Display

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



Prayer Intentions

Most Active Groups
8570Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: SueZee
5243CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: James_OPL
4436Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: DesertSister62
4037OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: eschator83
3903Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3877SOLITUDE
Last by: beth40n2
3471Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3322Poems and Reflections
Last by: Purgatory Pete
3237Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: 4elise
3172For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: SueZee



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:28 am.

Home RSS Feeds - Home - Archive - Top

Copyright © 2004-2014, Catholic Answers.