Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jul 27, '07, 3:12 pm
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Longing for Sunday Mass

Just wondering how many of you can't wait every week for Sunday Mass to come along?

I long for it... I crave it... even when I couldn't receive the Eucharist, I couldn't wait for Sunday Mass, or any Mass for that matter. It makes me feel complete. I get out of Mass so full of peace and love that I cannot wait till the next Mass.

If I could, I'd go to daily Mass but I can't, I work FT.

Anyone else feel similar? Why can't you wait?
Old Jul 27, '07, 3:16 pm
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Longing for Sunday Mass

Sunday Mass is the highlight of my week. I look forward to it all week long and like you, always feel so peaceful by the time I leave.
Old Jul 27, '07, 4:14 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

I am happy I can go to daily mass during lunch at work.
Old Jul 27, '07, 4:29 pm

I equate my time with mass like going to the gas station for a fuel up.

I miss just going to church but most of all I miss the eucharist I always feel so full spiritualy after it. The intensity the feeling of christ all around you, in you loving you. ok I have to get to church pray my dad comes home soon so I can go ok
Old Jul 28, '07, 7:08 am

Religion: Catholic (Roman Rite, Loyal to the Magisterium)
Send a message via MSN to T.A.Stobie, SFO Send a message via Yahoo to T.A.Stobie, SFO
Lightbulb Re: Longing for Sunday Mass

I deeply missing attending mass in person.

I am homebound and attend mass via EWTN shortswave over the internet.

I miss being there in person as I get much more out of the mass when I am in there in person.
Old Jul 28, '07, 7:26 am

Religion: Protestant

I'm not a Catholic, but I love the Mass. I go to it as often as possible. That's not easy in Northern Ireland, where divisions between Protestants and Catholics are great, and going to Mass means taking a small but nonetheless real risk. If my family or friends knew, there'd be massive repurcussions. I go, however, despite the risk, because I love the sense of closeness to God, the sense that earth meets heaven and that I kneel before the throne of God. I always close my eyes during the Eucharistic prayers and envisage the scene of the altar described by St John in the Revelation (Apocalypse for you Catholics). I just wish I could receive.

God Bless and please pray for me.
Old Jul 28, '07, 9:10 am

I am a widow, and retired, and am able to go to daily Mass.

It is the most important happening in my day. While in the chapel I think of how fortunate I am to be here with the priest and the group of about thirty people who are there.

I feel so blessed to believe in the Eucharist and all the Lord has done for me.
Old Jul 28, '07, 5:40 pm
Book Club Member

Love Mass, too.

A few years ago, I realized that I could get up a bit earlier, rearrange my morning routine slightly, and make it to Mass at 6:30 a.m. 3 mornings a week. I have to be at work for 7:05, so it works perfectly. The mornings that our parish has Mass at 6:30 are Monday, Thursday, and Friday. It wasn't long before the time between Monday and Thursday seemed to be an eternity. Without a question, it is the best 20-25 minutes of my day. It would be devestating at this point if I couldn't attend on a regular basis.
Old Jul 28, '07, 7:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenax propositi View Post
I'm not a Catholic, but I love the Mass. I go to it as often as possible. That's not easy in Northern Ireland, where divisions between Protestants and Catholics are great, and going to Mass means taking a small but nonetheless real risk. If my family or friends knew, there'd be massive repurcussions. I go, however, despite the risk, because I love the sense of closeness to God, the sense that earth meets heaven and that I kneel before the throne of God. I always close my eyes during the Eucharistic prayers and envisage the scene of the altar described by St John in the Revelation (Apocalypse for you Catholics). I just wish I could receive.

Thank you dear Lord, for this post. Help me never to forget how beautiful beyond words the gift that you have given us in the Eucharist.

Tenax, I will pray for you everyday and I will remember you every time I am in front of the Blessed Sacrament. You have moved me beyond words with your honesty.

Please believe that Our Father is drawing you closer to His Sacred Heart. Please know that you can ask for Spiritual Communion until you can receive the Body of Christ. Until that glorious day, please continue to update us on your journey. My family will pray for your safety and that of your family as well

Old Jul 29, '07, 7:09 am

Religion: Protestant

Thankyou Anniemart. Your prayers are appreciated a great deal. Please pray that God will guide me and help me explain my faith to my family when the time comes.

I slipped into Mass again this morning - in a beautiful church in Belfast. I sat behind some Polish immigrants and found it so moving to witness their faith. The mass was beautiful and really nourished my soul. A good sermon too - which always helps. I particularly love Mass when there's singing. Today, the cantor sang the Psalm and the Alelluia, and the priest sang the eucharistic prayer. It was awesome. You never pray like you pray in church. It's such a blessing.

Again, thanks for your prayers.
Old Jul 29, '07, 7:46 am

It's Sunday today!

I used to go to daily Mass ever since I got out of high school. Now that I have some insomnia, though, it's a little hard to make it. I'm still trying. Please pray for me!
Old Jul 29, '07, 11:01 am

I like going to Mass too. Spiritual highlight of the week. I feel supported as I read this thread and learn I'm not the only one.
Old Jul 29, '07, 12:55 pm

Quote:

If more people would do as you do, and be respectful of each other, and put aside old wounds and rivalries (by the example of Jesus Himself forgiving His executioners when on the cross), then the problems in Ireland would be completely at a close. God bless you for not holding a grudge, and God bless you for your little part in offering a godly love between two separated communions.

I can't help but think that God will bless anyone who acts with true Christian love with profound blessings. I'll do my best to remember to pray for you.

If this isn't something you have a problem with, then I highly recommend praying to Mary for peace and protection.

-Rob
Old Jul 30, '07, 9:02 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
You never pray like you pray in church. It's such a blessing.

Again, thanks for your prayers.
Amen! thank you for sharing and you are in my prayer.

God bless your journey.
Old Jul 30, '07, 10:01 am

Acadian said:
Quote:
A few years ago, I realized that I could get up a bit earlier, rearrange my morning routine slightly, and make it to Mass at 6:30 a.m. 3 mornings a week. Without a question, it is the best 20-25 minutes of my day.
I too am blessed to be able to go to Daily Mass despite working full time, though it means I have to get up rather early. Are you sure there isn't an early one that you might be able to attend sometime during the week? You might find that there's one at a different parish in your diocese but still workable? It sounds like it would be great for you... Some parishes have evening Daily Masses also... Your Diocese website may have a list of all Mass times; MassTimes.org does.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality