Catholic FAQ


Latest Threads
newest posts



Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Concierge Desk > Staff Chat
 

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search Thread Display
  #1  
Old Sep 10, '07, 3:41 am
FightingFat's Avatar
FightingFat FightingFat is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: July 1, 2004
Posts: 5,115
Religion: Catholic
Send a message via MSN to FightingFat
Default Supporting the Forum

So will we be told if our donations have "saved" Catholic Answers?

When will we know?

__________________
Roma locuta est, causa finita est
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.
~ Ubi caritas et amor deus ibi est.~
Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi
http://marklambert.blogspot.co.uk/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Sep 10, '07, 6:43 am
GuanYuWarGod GuanYuWarGod is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: March 2, 2007
Posts: 160
Religion: Catholic (w/ Independent Beliefs)
Default Re: Supporting the Forum

Don't know but I wonder how the bill skyrocketed to 20 grand Well we have about $ 12,000 to go and the finances might need some professional financial management I guess <if none is in place yet that is>. God Bless the site!
__________________
Note: I dont care about posters' religion or lack or religion. I don't take sides based on whether you are Catholic or non - Catholic and I'm not afraid at all to be skeptical over anything that any fellow Catholic will state as "true". I'm extremely fair. Thank You.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Sep 10, '07, 7:29 am
WanderAimlessly WanderAimlessly is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 29, 2004
Posts: 41,783
Religion: Catholic - Latin Rite
Default Re: Supporting the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuanYuWarGod View Post
Don't know but I wonder how the bill skyrocketed to 20 grand Well we have about $ 12,000 to go and the finances might need some professional financial management I guess <if none is in place yet that is>. God Bless the site!
I think it was for the replacement of the server. The other one was failing.

Being in IT, I know these expenses are often unexpected.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Sep 10, '07, 12:07 pm
Forum Admin Forum Admin is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 23, 2004
Posts: 11,444
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Supporting the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuanYuWarGod View Post
Don't know but I wonder how the bill skyrocketed to 20 grand
I wish I had a $20 grand monthly budget for the forums.

I assume you are getting the $20K figure from the forum announcement. Donations do not come in all at once. Rather, most donations, even if pledged for this drive, come in over the course of the next 12 months. And not all pledges are fulfilled.

The $20K figure represents not this month's budget, but what we hoped to raise with this appeal. It won't solve all our cash problems, but it will go a long way in covering the gap. We are moving to a larger server. We need better network connectivity. We need more Moderators. We need software upgrades and customizations.

Given CA's cash crunch and CAF's growing cash needs, we decided to appeal directly to CAF's members.
__________________
- Forum Admin
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Sep 10, '07, 11:54 pm
anamchara anamchara is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 25, 2004
Posts: 14,370
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Supporting the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Admin View Post
I wish I had a $20 grand monthly budget for the forums.

I assume you are getting the $20K figure from the forum announcement. Donations do not come in all at once. Rather, most donations, even if pledged for this drive, come in over the course of the next 12 months. And not all pledges are fulfilled.

The $20K figure represents not this month's budget, but what we hoped to raise with this appeal. It won't solve all our cash problems, but it will go a long way in covering the gap. We are moving to a larger server. We need better network connectivity. We need more Moderators. We need software upgrades and customizations.

Given CA's cash crunch and CAF's growing cash needs, we decided to appeal directly to CAF's members.
Hello, I have a question, I recently donated to help out but never received a confirmation notice saying the forum received my funds. I thought I read that it would send me something to confirm. I just wanted to make sure I did it right. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Sep 11, '07, 12:15 am
Forum Admin Forum Admin is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: April 23, 2004
Posts: 11,444
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Supporting the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamchara View Post
Hello, I have a question, I recently donated to help out but never received a confirmation notice saying the forum received my funds. I thought I read that it would send me something to confirm. I just wanted to make sure I did it right. Thanks for any help.
Yes we received your donation. Thank you.

Confirmation e-mails sometimes get screened by spam filters and the like. Check your junk and spam folders. Or if your Inbox was full, the confirmation would bounce back to us.
__________________
- Forum Admin
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Sep 11, '07, 7:15 am
anamchara anamchara is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 25, 2004
Posts: 14,370
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Supporting the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Admin View Post
Yes we received your donation. Thank you.

Confirmation e-mails sometimes get screened by spam filters and the like. Check your junk and spam folders. Or if your Inbox was full, the confirmation would bounce back to us.
I did check my junk/spam mail but it's not there either. My box was not full so I'm not sure what happen. This has me a bit concerned. I hope nothing is wrong with my mail system. Is there anything else we can check?

Thank you for replying back
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Sep 11, '07, 7:18 am
FightingFat's Avatar
FightingFat FightingFat is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: July 1, 2004
Posts: 5,115
Religion: Catholic
Send a message via MSN to FightingFat
Default Re: Supporting the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Admin View Post
We need more Moderators.
I'm sure the forum could choose from its members suitable assiatnts to the moderators? I've been an admin on another forum for about 5 years now and I don't get paid!!
__________________
Roma locuta est, causa finita est
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.
~ Ubi caritas et amor deus ibi est.~
Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi
http://marklambert.blogspot.co.uk/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Sep 11, '07, 7:50 am
WanderAimlessly WanderAimlessly is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 29, 2004
Posts: 41,783
Religion: Catholic - Latin Rite
Default Re: Supporting the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Admin View Post
We need more Moderators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingFat View Post
I'm sure the forum could choose from its members suitable assiatnts to the moderators? I've been an admin on another forum for about 5 years now and I don't get paid!!
That is one job I would not want. I just do not have the disposition for it. If you have seen my "list" you would know why
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Sep 12, '07, 12:27 pm
Zooey's Avatar
Zooey Zooey is offline
Forum Master
Prayer Warrior
 
Join Date: March 9, 2005
Posts: 14,531
Religion: Methodist
Default Re: Supporting the Forum

I am for good results for the appeal. Please you all, whether you can afford to donate or not, CAF needs & deserves the prayers of all of us here.
__________________
Servant of Feline Forces--"the New Kids" (Mona, born 2010, & Tara, born 2011)

And now our own dear Bro, too, has crossed over the river, where he rests under the shade of the trees...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Sep 12, '07, 4:05 pm
lak611 lak611 is offline
Forum Elder
 
Join Date: September 9, 2006
Posts: 17,744
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Supporting the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Admin View Post
Yes we received your donation. Thank you.

Confirmation e-mails sometimes get screened by spam filters and the like. Check your junk and spam folders. Or if your Inbox was full, the confirmation would bounce back to us.
I know you got my donation, because I checked my bank statement on-line. How do I edit my profile to show that I am a Forum Supporter?
__________________
Laura

Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Sep 12, '07, 4:14 pm
Therese Martin's Avatar
Therese Martin Therese Martin is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 5, 2004
Posts: 7,343
Default Re: Supporting the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
I know you got my donation, because I checked my bank statement on-line. How do I edit my profile to show that I am a Forum Supporter?
See this thread. Thank you for your support!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Sep 12, '07, 4:14 pm
lak611 lak611 is offline
Forum Elder
 
Join Date: September 9, 2006
Posts: 17,744
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Supporting the Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therese Martin View Post
See this thread. Thank you for your support!
You're welcome. Thanks for the link.
__________________
Laura

Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Concierge Desk > Staff Chat

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search Thread
Search Thread:

Advanced Search
Display

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Prayer Intentions

Most Active Groups
8333Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: suko
5083CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: tawny
4391Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: DesertSister62
4036OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: aellis422
3855SOLITUDE
Last by: beth40n2
3647Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: DesertSister62
3266Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3231Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3216Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: TheWhim
3079For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: georget



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 4:38 pm.

Home RSS Feeds - Home - Archive - Top

Copyright © 2004-2014, Catholic Answers.