Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Sacred Scripture

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Oct 30, '07, 9:10 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Worried, the moon is blood red

My son just showed me a website where, in California, the moon is blood red. Isnt that one of the signs of the end being near. Also, I looked up Virgin Mary to find artwork of her, and found all sorts of things about Fatima. One of the Fatima items said that Mary's last secret had to do with the end of the world, and that it would be before 2010. It also explained what we are supposed to do and is contrary to the bible. I thought the bible says to face the East, whereas in Mary's message to Lucia, we are supposed to stay inside for 72 hours during the quake......I am confused. If you are interested, I will find that link.

Please help me understand
NancyAnn

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/pa...ml?theme=light
Old Oct 30, '07, 9:16 pm

Religion: Integral Christian in Russian Greek Catholic parish
Default Re: Worried, the moon is blood red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyannheath View Post
PhotoShop.
Or else someone was standing awfully close to a forest fire.
I live in Los Angeles. Last week, when the moon was full, it was white or gray.
Old Oct 30, '07, 9:20 pm

Religion: A non-hierarchical, roamin' Catholic

Quote:
My son just showed me a website where, in California, the moon is blood red. Isnt that one of the signs of the end being near. Also, I looked up Virgin Mary to find artwork of her, and found all sorts of things about Fatima. One of the Fatima items said that Mary's last secret had to do with the end of the world, and that it would be before 2010. It also explained what we are supposed to do and is contrary to the bible. I thought the bible says to face the East, whereas in Mary's message to Lucia, we are supposed to stay inside for 72 hours during the quake......I am confused. If you are interested, I will find that link.

NancyAnn

Umm, the moon is often red near the horizon or when there is a lot of particles/pollution in the atmosphere which scatter and refract the light. I think this happens pretty frequently. Depending on the part of California that the pictures were taken, I wouldn't be surprised if the wildfires have put a lot of stuff into the skies to cause this effect. I think you will be ok.

God bless.

Love is my religion, hey you can take it or leave it, and you don't have to believe it.

Pax et bonum.
Old Oct 30, '07, 10:33 pm
Book Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tonks40 Send a message via Yahoo to Tonks40

I concur with Peregrino. Having been through the wildfires in both 2004 and last week, this is a natural occurrence. The smoke and particles from these events permeated the air to such an extent, even when the moon was in at its highest point, the color was still "red" (dark orange, if you ask me.)

Now, if the moon appears blood red throughout the entire Western hemisphere WITHOUT massive fires - THEN I would be worried!

Tiber Swim Team (revert) 2005
Old Nov 1, '07, 2:42 am
Forum Elder

Quote:

NancyAnn

Jesus told us NOT to look for signs. Nobody knows the day and hour so we should always be ready.
By the way the final Fatima secret was the assassination attempt on Pope John Paul II. Lucia confirmed this to him.
Old Nov 1, '07, 3:03 am

Religion: Latin Catholic

The moon has turned blood red several times in the past, during total lunar eclipses.

Old Nov 1, '07, 4:09 am

Two things to keep in mind:

First - that is the web site of George Noory and the Coast to Coast show, late night radio, have you ever listened to his show? I mean we are talking about shadow people, aliens, people seeing evil spirits, the world ending in 2112 or what ever they are predicting on the show, secrets of the future based on the pyramids, ect..........I'm not saying that the people who call his show are nutso.... but......

Second - the red moon effect was caused by all the fire smoke in the air in California.
Old Nov 1, '07, 5:42 am

Quote:
I thought the bible says to face the East, whereas in Mary's message to Lucia, we are supposed to stay inside for 72 hours during the quake......I am confused. If you are interested, I will find that link.
I have never read this as part of the Fatima message, I've read it in other alleged revelations though.

Where we buy in food, don't go outside etc; the demons will mimic our loved ones etc, plus if you go outside you will die.

Why ? because no-one can look at the just anger of God and live, and another explanation could be the alleged dust of the predicted Comet, that would leave a deadly trail of dust causing 3 days of darkness, and death would be imminent from breathing in that dust.
A few seers have spoken about this type of stuff, but like I said, never did hear of it being attributed to Lucia.
Old Nov 1, '07, 8:13 am
Book Club Member

Religion: Roman Catholic

Jesus told us that, when we see these signs, to look up, for our redemption is at hand. Say your Rosary, keep close to our dear Lord with the Divine Mercy Chaplet, read your Scriptures. We are all sinners, but we can trust in Jesus to see us through perilous times, especially the last days. He told us He is with us always, and I believe Him, even when the going gets tough. I have been having such hard times lately, but I look up at my beautiful lithograph of the Sacred Heart and His eyes are so full of love and tenderness, it makes my soul melt, and strengthens my resolve to stand up for Our Church in this persecution.
Old Nov 1, '07, 2:11 pm

Religion: RCIA

I have seen a full red moon when I was younger, it has something to do with an eclipse. I've also heard that it has something to do with the summer atmosphere. Don't worry yet. Its called a Sturgeon Moon and a Grain Moon.
Old Nov 1, '07, 6:22 pm
Forum Elder

I think I heard that the moon was red for a year after the Krakatoa [sp?] eruption a century or so ago.
Old Nov 1, '07, 8:57 pm
Veteran Member

Quote:

NancyAnn

It also looks red during an lunar eclipse...before the shadow of the earth completely turns out the light.
Old Nov 1, '07, 9:03 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

As long as we are living in a state of grace, why should we be worried about signs of the end times? Wouldn't it be better to be liberated from this sorry mess of a world we live in? My biggest concerns would be for my family and friends who reject the Faith, that they might finally reap the harvest of their unbelief, but speaking for myself, let's get on with it!

Old Nov 2, '07, 9:20 am

Religion: RCIA

Quote:
One of the Fatima items said that Mary's last secret had to do with the end of the world, and that it would be before 2010. It also explained what we are supposed to do and is contrary to the bible. I thought the bible says to face the East, whereas in Mary's message to Lucia, we are supposed to stay inside for 72 hours during the quake......I am confused. If you are interested, I will find that link.

NancyAnn

I think that you are getting confused as to what Mary's words to Lucia actually were.

I have never read in the bible that we are supposed to face East when Christ returns.
Old Nov 2, '07, 10:12 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

Red sky in the morning sailors take warningRed sky at night sailors delight

I don't know if this applies to the Moon also.

Miguel Agustin Pro

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Sacred Scripture