Catholic FAQ

We were unable to reach our goal for the summer but we have reached 98%
Please consider donating if you can and keep us in your prayers.

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Dec 5, '07, 8:14 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default New Age Rosary?

Has anyone heard about new age Rosary? Is it real?
I received this on my email a couple of months ago and only read it last week.

One of the things I must mention is that there are now going around in the world, plastic new age rosaries in white, blue and pink. I had no idea about them until this was mentioned on the trip. Upon arriving home I went through my own collection of plastic rosaries and found 2 that had a snake wrapped above Jesus' head with the mouth just besides his face. Also, no INRI sign and I think it's pentagons that surround each point. On the back, are also puncture marks of some kind on the cross? If you've never seen any, refer to the picture attached. Please remind everyone to look carefully for these. Maybe you are already aware but it would be a good idea to tell Catholics what is now happening. One priest said it would be OK once it's blessed but another priest, whom I trust explicitly and who is a Marian priest said even though it may be blessed, it has not been exorcised and evil may still persist........ Yvonne

These rosaries have appeared on sale at pilgrimage centres across Europe and are in most cases are given away for FREE. They are made from cheap plastic and come in white, blue or pink, stamped as having been made in Italy, yet no one knows who has produced them. Since they are available at places of pilgrimage this makes people automatically think they are fine to use. Information regarding the danger of these rosaries was given at the Marian Cenacle in Limoges, France on 14th March 2005.

Why are they considered New Age?

They are considered New Age due to their symbolism which is not too easy to see except by close inspection of the crucifix, which shows a very sinister story. Behind the figure of Christ there can be seen a caduceus, which is an upright pole, representing mediation between Heaven and earth. It is an ancient herald's wand which was carried by messenger gods like Hermes or Mercury. The rod is also a divining rod to measure the earth and it's energies of power. The serpent Satan is shown behind the figure of Christ and is depicted by a coiled serpent which means latent power, concealed but not yet fully manifest, a dormant power. It may also represent to Satanists that the devil is co messianic, co redeemer and co Christ etc. The circles on the crucifix are from Egyptian Graeco-Roman, Phoencian, Baal symbols called the Pentagram, which is a major occult sign. The circles or pentagrams have five points, which represent, spirit, fire, earth, water and air. The pentagram at the bottom is upside down represents the devils goat. The four circles with dots in the centre signifies gold or the sun in alchemy. In general the meaning is "The resolution of all possibilities." Christ does not share any platform with any other god, philosophy or belief system or minor deity least of all Satan. The depiction of Christ on the cross is the most prominent place of worship, adoration, veneration, glorification, for Catholics and many other Christians and now Satanists or 'new agers,' have placed Satan along side Christ. Some have even said that if these rosaries are blessed, they loose any negative power, - and what do you think? There is some debate going on about this at the moment.

Does anyone really want to pray on a rosary that depicts Satan? What we need to be asking ourselves who has made these rosaries with these symbols that should not be there.!!

Comment?

Fr. Walter Ciszek (1904-1984)

www.vinzpablo.com
Old Dec 5, '07, 8:18 pm
Forum Elder

Religion: Catholic no adjectives
Default Re: New Age Rosary?

I think we just discussed this recently and if I recall the message you cite is a hoax, a search would be worthwhile, i think,
Old Dec 5, '07, 8:25 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzleannie View Post
I think we just discussed this recently and if I recall the message you cite is a hoax, a search would be worthwhile, i think,
Oppss.. sorry I've been away from the forum for awhile.
Thanks.

Fr. Walter Ciszek (1904-1984)

www.vinzpablo.com
Old Dec 6, '07, 9:56 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Matthew 16:18
Send a message via AIM to PatienceAndLove Send a message via MSN to PatienceAndLove Send a message via Yahoo to PatienceAndLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzleannie View Post
Where? I have not heard of this one yet.
Hoaxes fascinate me.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality