Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Dec 8, '07, 3:33 pm

Default Does Anyone Know of Prayers for College Students Especially During Exam Time?

Does Anyone Know of Prayers for College Students Especially During Exam Time?
Old Dec 8, '07, 4:38 pm
Forum Supporter

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Does Anyone Know of Prayers for College Students Especially During Exam Time?

I will keep you in my prayers.

St. Thomas Aquinas' Prayer for Students

O Mary, Mother of enchanting love, of fear, of knowledge, of holy hope, through Whose pious intercession many make admirable progress in studies and piety despite crudeness of understanding, I choose Thee as protectress and patroness of my studies. Humbly I implore Thee that, from the heart of Thy maternal pity, and principally from the Eternal Wisdom that deigned to take on our flesh in Thee, and that exalted Thee in heavenly light above all the saints, Thou obtain grace from the Holy Ghost for me so that I might be able to penetrate with my understanding, retain in my memory, express by my life and words, and teach to others all that brings honor to Thee and Thy divine Son, likewise to the advantage of my eternal joy and that of all men. So be it.

O Blessed Thomas, Patron of Schools,
Obtain for us from God
An Invincible Faith,
A Burning Charity,
A Chaste Life,
And True Knowledge
Through Christ Our Lord.
Amen.

Our Lady of Grace - pray for us.
Old Dec 8, '07, 5:44 pm
Forum Master
Prayer Warrior

Default Re: Does Anyone Know of Prayers for College Students Especially During Exam Time?

Mary Ann's prayer suggestion is beautiful and I highly recommend it.

The one I remember from my college years (back when we were trying to invent the wheel) was a little different. . .

Now I lay me down to study
I pray the Lord I won't go nutty,
I can't remember all this junk
So please dear Lord don't let me flunk.

Now I lay me down to rest
I pray I'll pass tomorrow's test.
If I should die before I wake--
That's one less test I'll have to take.

I declare that the Church has no authority whatsoever to confer priestly ordination on women and that this judgment is to be definitively held by all the Church’s faithful" (Ordinatio Sacerdotalis 4). Pope John Paul II.
Old Dec 8, '07, 6:41 pm

This prayer was taught to me years ago while in Catholic school by a very devout Sister, who is to this day is a very old, and faithful Sister in New Jersey. It got me through grammer school, high school and college.

Quote:
O Great St. Joseph of Cupertino who while on earth did obtain from God the grace to be asked at your examination only the questions you knew, obtain for me a like favour in the examinations for which I am now preparing. In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked.
Through Christ our Lord.
St. Joseph of Cupertino, Pray for us.
Amen.
Old Dec 8, '07, 7:05 pm
Prayer Warrior

LOL Tantum
Old Dec 8, '07, 9:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantum ergo View Post

The one I remember from my college years (back when we were trying to invent the wheel) was a little different. . .

Now that is funny. I hope it is not too Sacrilegious though.

Thanks everyone for all the prayers. I hope others will add to the list, I am going to email these to my kids. Tatum I think I'm going to txt msg yours on their cell phones, they will get a kick out of it.
Old Dec 8, '07, 11:00 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: ABC

Whatever prayer you decide upon, will be keeping all students and their exams and tests in daily prayer..............
Old Dec 9, '07, 1:35 am

Religion: Catholic of the Latin Rite

Well a patron of youth and of students is St. Aloysius Gonzaga.
Old Dec 9, '07, 3:58 am
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantum ergo View Post

Quote:

You made my day! I wish I knew that one when I was in college.

Our Lady of Grace - pray for us.
Old Dec 9, '07, 8:49 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraTherese View Post
Whatever prayer you decide upon, will be keeping all students and their exams and tests in daily prayer..............
Thank you Barbara.
Old Dec 9, '07, 12:08 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Byzantine Catholic

Prayer of a Student
Christ my Lord, the Giver of light and wisdom, who opened the eyes of the blind man and transformed the fishermen into wise heralds and teachers of the gospel through the coming of the Holy Spirit, shine also in my mind the light of the grace of the Holy Spirit. Grant me discernment, understanding and wisdom in learning. Enable me to complete my assignments and to abound in every good work, for to You I give honor and glory. Amen.

Prayers Before Study
Most blessed Lord, send the grace of Your Holy Spirit on me to strengthen me that I may learn well the subject I am about to study and by it become a better person for Your glory, the comfort of my family and the benefit of Your Church and our Nation. Amen

Christ, the true light, who enlightens and sanctifies every person coming into the world, let the light of Your countenance shine upon me (us) that I (we) may see Your unapproachable light; and guide my (our) steps in the way of Your commandments, through the intercessions of Your all-holy Mother and of all the Saints. Amen.

Prayer After Study
I thank You, Lord our God, that again on this occasion You have opened my eyes to the light of Your wisdom. You have gladdened my heart with the knowledge of truth. I entreat You, Lord, help me always to do Your will. Bless my soul and body, my words and deeds. Enable me to grow in grace, virtue and good habits, that Your name may be glorified, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, now and forever. Amen.

Prayer Before Studying the Bible
Master who loves us, shine Your eternal light in our hearts that we may better know you. Help us to fully understand Your gospel message. Instill in us respect for Your holy commandments, that by overcoming our worldly desires we might life a spiritual life of thoughts and deeds which pleases You. We ask this of You, O Christ our god, for You are the light of our souls and bodies and You we glorify with Your eternal Father and Your all-holy good and life-giving Spirit now and forever. Amen.

Shine within my heart, loving Master, the pure light of Your divine knowledge, and open the eyes of my mind that I may understand Your teachings. Instill in me also reverence for Your blessed commandments, so that having conquered sinful desires I may pursue a spiritual way of life, thinking and doing all those things that are pleasing to You. For You, Christ my God, are my light, and to You I give glory together with Your Father and Your Holy Spirit, now and forever. Amen.

“The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (1 Corinthians 1:23,24)
Old Dec 10, '07, 10:59 am

Rose, Those are great prayers. Thank you so much.
Old Dec 10, '07, 2:28 pm

Religion: catholic

a helpful plan may be to ask your guardian angel to speak to the angel of the prof. that you may be asked the questions you understand. there are presedents in the lives of the saints.

God bless

johnco
Old Dec 10, '07, 2:32 pm

Religion: Ukrainian Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraTherese View Post
Thanks. I know I need it too....exams + sickness =

Co-Founder, C.I., D.S.
Old Dec 10, '07, 5:58 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Matthew 16:18
Send a message via AIM to PatienceAndLove Send a message via MSN to PatienceAndLove Send a message via Yahoo to PatienceAndLove

A prayer to Our Lady of Perpetual Help and St. Jude may be in order

On a serious note: A prayer to Our Lady Seat of Wisdom is very appropriate.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality