Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Nov 12, '07, 7:03 am
Forum Elder
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic: Revert
Default Re: WARNING: The Most Holy Family Monastery

Quote:
These men do not claim to be the true church; they simply claim that the true Church for the past 50 years has not been in Rome, but elsewhere in those who continue to believe and practice true Catholic Tradition.
This is precisely my point.The fact is that they ARE purporting themselves to be the true church.

Old Nov 12, '07, 7:22 am
Forum Elder

Religion: Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odiliamae View Post
No Salvation Outside the Church.... I have that book. It is filled with ex cathedra (infallible) quotes from popes and Church Councils, all of whom agree with Christ who established a Church and insisted that we believe ALL that He has taught if we hope to be saved.
And that church is where? Has it disappeared? Is it a secret know only to the enlightened? These people have rejected all authority and made themselves their own interpreters of Church teaching and documents. They have, in practice, become each a pope unto themselves. A few have even taken the title.

I at least, am a real person. You come here and immediately start advocating that the Catholic Church isn't really the Catholic Church, but rather a sect that exist of a handful of people each drawing the line of when the Church went apostate. Did you know that not all sedevacantist even agree on who the last "real" pope was? As far as we know, you may be a lone Church of one and the owner of this website.

I would encourage everyone to please understand that these people amount to an almost non-existant percentage of Catholics. Any one can co-opt the name "Catholic" for their own purposes, but this sect is no more Catholic than the Westboro Baptists (of "God Hates Fags" notoriety) are Baptist. If you wish to study their ideas, then you can search CAF and the CA main site for more detailed response to their tired rhetoric.
Old Nov 13, '07, 8:28 am

Religion: Traditional Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church Militant View Post
This is precisely my point.The fact is that they ARE purporting themselves to be the true church.
If you read what they have to say, you would have to think otherwise.
Old Nov 13, '07, 8:34 am

Religion: Traditional Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnewton View Post
And that church is where? Has it disappeared? Is it a secret know only to the enlightened? These people have rejected all authority and made themselves their own interpreters of Church teaching and documents. They have, in practice, become each a pope unto themselves. A few have even taken the title.

I at least, am a real person. You come here and immediately start advocating that the Catholic Church isn't really the Catholic Church, but rather a sect that exist of a handful of people each drawing the line of when the Church went apostate. Did you know that not all sedevacantist even agree on who the last "real" pope was? As far as we know, you may be a lone Church of one and the owner of this website.

I would encourage everyone to please understand that these people amount to an almost non-existant percentage of Catholics. Any one can co-opt the name "Catholic" for their own purposes, but this sect is no more Catholic than the Westboro Baptists (of "God Hates Fags" notoriety) are Baptist. If you wish to study their ideas, then you can search CAF and the CA main site for more detailed response to their tired rhetoric.

If all you have is name-calling and bad statistics to back up your case, it's useless to continue. I have asked you to read their web site. I have read it all and I know what I'm talking about. You, obviously have not read much of it because you seem to be afraid of the truth. Your best defense is to throw falsehoods. Everything you say here is false and you provide nothing to back it up except empty accusations.
Truth has never been a matter of numbers. I offer you the truth; you reject it. I tried. Good luck and God bless.
Old Nov 13, '07, 10:38 am
Forum Elder

Quote:
If all you have is name-calling and bad statistics to back up your case,....
And the name I called you was....?
Old Nov 13, '07, 10:46 am
Forum Elder
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Quote:
If you read what they have to say, you would have to think otherwise.
I have read their website...it's wrong.

They promote sedevacantism and if you are promoting them then you are too. Is that your intent?

Old Nov 13, '07, 2:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon-135 View Post
I recently viewed a video tape that was focused on creationism and provided supporing evidence of it against evolution.

The video was produced by The Most Holy Family Monastery in New York state.

When I visited their website, I was shocked!!!

www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com

We truly need to formulate an attack, and address an apologia against this organizaion.

I wonder how many more nuts like these are out there floating about!

GGGRRRRR!!
As far as I can tell, the "charism" of their order seems to be bashing the Post Vatican II Church. That is not a true charism, and is hardly a true mission. They will grow old, becoming bitter old people who do nothing but gripe- instead of striving to be the models of holiness, humility, reverence, and piety that truly living the Christian life requires of them.

A nation that kills its own children is a nation without a future.- Pope John Paul II.
Old Nov 13, '07, 2:43 pm
Banned

Religion: Byzantine Rite Catholic

To "churchmilitant" ~ so that is what they're calling it these days, ~ "artistic expression?" Might as well have put a goat's head or five pointed star on that chair...

There is no way a devout (being the operative word) Catholic, in this day and age, wear an upside down cross, that the entire world recognizes as a Satanic symbol and call it devotion to Saint Peter...

like i said, wear an upside down crucifix and see the reactions you get from people who walk by you ~ teenagers would probably label you a warlock... good luck with that...
Old Nov 13, '07, 3:13 pm
Forum Elder
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Cool Re: WARNING: The Most Holy Family Monastery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisiegirl View Post
To "churchmilitant" ~ so that is what they're calling it these days, ~ "artistic expression?" Might as well have put a goat's head or five pointed star on that chair...

There is no way a devout (being the operative word) Catholic, in this day and age, wear an upside down cross, that the entire world recognizes as a Satanic symbol and call it devotion to Saint Peter...

like i said, wear an upside down crucifix and see the reactions you get from people who walk by you ~ teenagers would probably label you a warlock... good luck with that...
Don't be silly...the only people who believe that foolishness are people who watch too many satanic themed horror shows.

It is a simple piece of art and nothing more. Only someone with rocks in their head would allege that John Paul the Great, (of blessed memory!) had anything to do with satanism. These men...and that's all they are...they are not prophets...they are not bishops, they are nothing more than members of a cult, have created their own anti-Catholic crusade. (Yes I did just accuse them of anti-Catholicism because they tear down the body of Christ with disobedience to the hierarchy of the Church while purporting themselves to be faithful Catholics. Their propaganda is full of lies and allegations that any rational person will see for what they are.

Just for instance, their article on "the heresies of Benedict XVI" is a screaming load of propagandized junk. They assert that he did not reveal the real third secret of Fatima to the world and yet no one seems to question how they would even know since the secret is just that...a secret.

The entire PDF document is a load of garbage to make themselves appear to be "whistle blowers" when in fact they are blatantly misconstruing what documents like the book on the Church and the Jews. In reading their quote, I do not see anything that says what they allege it to mean , because I read what is actually there and not what they want me to see. This is the very same kind of trash that anti-Catholics produce to bash our most holy faith, and it is shameful (IMO) for them to produce it to begin with and for any faithful Catholic with an active brain cell and an honest heart to accept as fact.

Just as I say of every a-C site that alleges such as this, prove it.

Lemme ask you this... Do you agree with them that the seat of Peter has been vacant for all the years that they allege?

Old Nov 20, '07, 3:17 pm
Banned

Religion: christian

What is even more interesting to me, is the lack of response to the specific charges from the site. I would think that someone would have something to say about them, but all I read are attacks on the people just pointing out facts. No one seems to have a problem shooting the messenger, and no problem ignoring the facts which need looked at and dealt with. Very interesting indeed. Will I get attacked now for pointing this out?
Old Nov 20, '07, 5:11 pm
Forum Elder
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Cool Re: WARNING: The Most Holy Family Monastery

Try not to get the martyr hat on too tight there, okay?

1. According to your profile you are not even a Catholic, so you essentially know less than nothing about this cult nor even about the Catholic faith.

2. The allegations that they make are specious and fictitious. You'll notice that they make no effort to substantiate them with facts therefore there is no reason to refute them when any honest person will recognize them for what they are. Fictions expressed as conspiracy theories without any substance.

3. They offer no evidence at all for their most damning claim that any of the popes they oppose are in fact any of the things that they allege. Do you see the least source reference that can be verified?

4. In debate...the burden of proof lies upon the person making the allegation, so until they can offer real substantive proof of their allegations, they have done nothing but make scandalous remarks that no honest person will take seriously.

You may consider this an attack if it makes you feel good about yourself, but that certainly isn't the way it was intended.

Old Nov 20, '07, 5:44 pm

Religion: Protestant (Liturgical)

What an odd site. It is rather conspiratorial and reminds me of Chick Publications. It is pointless arguing or bothering to against this. It is like trying to convince anyone who is convinced that Paul (of the Beatles) died and was replaced or there is a cosmic conspiracy that resulted in the coinciences in Lincoln/Kennedy's death. Each will have iron cald facts to support their case.

Is MHFM a cult? Where does he get off claiming to be a member of the Benedictine order? Is the guy the Abbot and sole monk??

**PS I know. For those who support it, those who think it is rather inaccurate in a Chick Publications way are either part of the conspiracy or deluded. Kind of reminds me of all the Masonic conspiracy theories. Heck, I remember an educated Catholic who thought the Knights of Columbus and the Freemasons were in a conspiracy together.

#44 Catechism of the Catholic Church
Old Nov 20, '07, 6:42 pm
Banned

Religion: christian

Yikers. I figured I might get a reply, but I thought it would have something to do with the topic. Something besides an attack. I grew up Catholic, and I study it too. So saying I know less than nothing is...wrong. Let's see, did they offer any proof to their claim on the site? No.

I mean, if you don't count all the quotes, dates of the quotes, writings and references, and supporting pictures. Whoever wrote that website gave plenty of proof of the claims. Do a little research yourself, and google "banquet of chestnuts" and see what the Papal historian himself recorded. Your problem isn't with me, so put away your sword. I'm looking for reasonable discussion of history. Will I find any here? We'll see. By the way, if you claim to be a follower of Christ, where is your love?

Ephesians 4
1 I therefore, the prisoner in the Lord, beseech you to walk worthily of the calling wherewith ye were called,

2 with all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

3 giving diligence to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Old Nov 20, '07, 7:16 pm
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by revscott View Post
What is even more interesting to me, is the lack of response to the specific charges from the site.
The individual topics mentioned have been addressed elsewhere. I can tell you why I have jumped in too much. It is sort of a variation on Occam's Razor. I only have so much time. Why waste it on dozens of ludicrous accusations by a single person all of which have been addressed elsewhere? I am certain any reasonable person can get a sense for themself how far out this blogger guy is.
Old Nov 20, '07, 7:30 pm
Prayer Warrior
Radio Club Member
Forum Supporter

Religion: Romanian Byzantine Catholic

This topic was talked about in 2004. Rehashing their beliefs is of no use IMHO.
James 4:17
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics