Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Jan 29, '08, 12:36 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default What are you thoughts on Ron Conte?

He is an author and theologian and has written on a variety of present subjects in the church and events yet to come.

He has also written extensively on Fatima, La Salette, Medjugorje,and Garabandal.

I just wanted to see what peoples thoughts are.

God Bless
Old Jan 29, '08, 12:48 pm

Default Re: What are you thoughts on Ron Conte?

Personally, I think all that stuff is full of hot air, most of it anyway. I hate to make such sweeping statements, but I do not put much stock in it.

People have been thinking the end of the world is upon us since the early church. Not to say I do not believe it would happen, I do believe that it will some day, but we will know. Christ will come like a thief in the night, as lighting flashes from east to west.
Old Jan 29, '08, 7:33 pm

Gandolf,

Why don't you ask him? He frequently posts on this site and imho is an extreme conservative. Unfortunately, extremist usually end up giving a bad name to their cause. Hopefully that is not the case with him. I do find it highly suspicious that someone of their first post would ask about him, as I have never heard of him until I saw him posting on this board. If you are innocently asking the question, that I apologize for my behavior.

Proud Papa of 3 girls and 1 baby boy: SweetPea (2001), Little Bit (2003), Twinkle (2006) and Ike (2008)
Old Jan 29, '08, 7:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
I do find it highly suspicious that someone of their first post would ask about him, as I have never heard of him until I saw him posting on this board. If you are innocently asking the question, that I apologize for my behavior.
I was thinking that was fairly interesting as well.
Old Jan 30, '08, 6:16 am

I had no idea that Mr. Conte posts here and I just became aware of his website and books. I thought that I would go to a reliable web forum and ask some of my fellow Catholics.Thats all.I have no hidden agenda.
Old Feb 5, '08, 12:06 pm

Religion: Catholic. Never doubted. Jesus, I Trust in You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulcissima View Post
I was thinking that was fairly interesting as well.
I am no longer in the Yahoo! group (s?) of Ron Conte, that I happened to wander in while searching for a particular subject-or the one he bombarded my e-mail address with invitations for. I found many discrepancies in what he writes, and didn't like being censored.

It has been a while, but I remember you being there too, Gandolf. Are you one and the same, or a friend of his?

When I see his name on anything, I pass it by. I do not think that Ron Conte is credible. I do not waste my time even wondering, I just pass him by. But look, I wasted my time here, with your post.

Or, did I?

+Dominus Vobiscum,
-Dawn in Texas
"Say the Rosary every day...Pray, pray a lot and offer sacrifices for sinners...I'm Our Lady of the Rosary. Only I will be able to help you. ...In the end My Immaculate Heart will triumph." -Our Lady at Fatima

The Blue Army
Rosary Confraternity
Old Feb 5, '08, 1:04 pm

Different gandolf.
Alot of what he says seems credible execpt asking us to vote for Hillary so she can change her stance on abortion.
I saw his website and read alot of his info and just wanted to seee what yall thought.
Thanks Dawn
Old Feb 5, '08, 1:12 pm

Cool Re: What are you thoughts on Ron Conte?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandolf View Post
I had no idea that Mr. Conte posts here and I just became aware of his website and books. I thought that I would go to a reliable web forum and ask some of my fellow Catholics.Thats all.I have no hidden agenda.
Now, you are not being entirely honest here. Years ago, in AAA Catholic Conversation---you were there. I just cannot remember your capacity. Was it that you are one of the moderators of the group?

You wrote that you "just became aware of his website and books?" This is not true. His books have been out for years, and you know him, or are him.

Are you here to sell his books? Advertise the group? What's your agenda? So far, what you've posted, Gandolf, is not the truth.
"Say the Rosary every day...Pray, pray a lot and offer sacrifices for sinners...I'm Our Lady of the Rosary. Only I will be able to help you. ...In the end My Immaculate Heart will triumph." -Our Lady at Fatima

The Blue Army
Rosary Confraternity
Old Feb 5, '08, 1:17 pm

Quote:
Different gandolf.
Alot of what he says seems credible execpt asking us to vote for Hillary so she can change her stance on abortion.
I saw his website and read alot of his info and just wanted to seee what yall thought.
Thanks Dawn
He is full of baloney. Cut the ties you have to him, and learn the truth about your Faith, that is, if you are a Catholic. You are wasting your time, if you follow Ron Conte.

I'm done here.

I can't believe you couldn't find another name to call yourself, and that you took the same ID: Gandolf.

How about: abcdefg? or 1234567?

+Peace in the Truth of Christ,
-Dawn in Texas

The Blue Army
Rosary Confraternity
Old Feb 5, '08, 1:27 pm

First, you write: He is an author and theologian and has written on a variety of present subjects in the church and events yet to come.

He has also written extensively on Fatima, La Salette, Medjugorje,and Garabandal.

I just wanted to see what peoples thoughts are.

Then, you write:
Quote:

Your first post is all about how he's an author, theologian, he has extensive writings...then your 2nd is that you just became aware of his website and books.

Which is it?

I truly am done now.

Beware, everyone. "Somethin' just ain't right."

+Peace Be With You.
-Dawn

The Blue Army
Rosary Confraternity
Old Feb 5, '08, 2:20 pm

Uhh, yeaah. Anyway.

I just don't understand how people get sucked into this stuff. My uncle-in-law (is that what you call him) is a rabid "left behind" type born-againer and he swears every Yom Kippur that Jesus is coming back.

I mean, HOW MANY FALSE PREDICTIONS WILL IT TAKE before people begin to ignore this kind of stuff?!?!?!!!?
Old Feb 5, '08, 4:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrank View Post
Uhh, yeaah. Anyway.

I just don't understand how people get sucked into this stuff. My uncle-in-law (is that what you call him) is a rabid "left behind" type born-againer and he swears every Yom Kippur that Jesus is coming back.

I mean, HOW MANY FALSE PREDICTIONS WILL IT TAKE before people begin to ignore this kind of stuff?!?!?!!!?
I believe that God won't allow us to continue down the path we're headed. He will step in. He has before. If He doesn't, would there be anyone with Faith left?

I believe in La Salette, and the period Satan was granted to tempt man. At my age (49), I see a big change in our lifestyles, since I was a child. Mankind HAS come father in the last century-than all of time before.

When things are good-man forgets God. <-I can see it.

Satan knows his time is short.

We pray at Mass: "As we wait in Joyful Hope, for the Coming of our Lord, Jesus Christ." <-That's the key, "Joyful Hope."

+Peace Be With You.
-Dawn

The Blue Army
Rosary Confraternity
Old Feb 9, '08, 9:26 pm

There are 2 threads on this topic. The idea that Conte wants people to vote for Hillary says it all for me

I've only briefly run into this guy on his Catholic Planet site. I sent him some info regarding one of the suspect false mystics. He portrays himself as a scholar and expert of all things Catholic on his site, yet in e-mail he just brought up trivial things that were meaningless, had nothing to do with Catholic teachings, and then became very rude and arrogant.

So, I'm underimpressed. I recall another male Catholic author a couple of years ago that wrote predictions of the future, "End-Times" type of stuff (a sort of Hal Lindsey of the Catholic realm), and all the women were infuriated at him on a group forum. I have a bad memory, could be the same guy. Golly! Gotta learn to stop making the same mistakes twice
Old Feb 10, '08, 4:45 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic

Personally, I'd stay away. Take a look at the history of the site (using archive.org) - namely, this. The timeline (which changes...) on his site tries to pin the date of the 2nd (and 3rd) coming.

O Blood and Water which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as Font of Mercy for us, I trust in You!
Tiber Swim Team '07-'08
Old Feb 10, '08, 3:37 pm

The Blue Army
Rosary Confraternity
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence