Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Archive > Archive > Faith and Finances: 2014

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 1, '08, 5:48 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default The Holy Infant Jesus of Prague and help with financial problems

I watched Phil Lenahan on EWTN and I think that he is doing a wonderful service for people in helping them with their financial difficulties.

I would like to bring this aspect of helping with financial problems to peoples' mind: The Infant Jesus of Prague Devotion

Countess Polyxena became a generous benefactress to the Carmelite Fathers when they were given the Church of the Holy Trinity in Prague. This had been a Protestant church, but in 1624 the victorious Hapsburg, Ferdinand II gave the church to the Carmelites and it was renamed under the title of Our Lady of Victory.

After the death of her husband the countess presented the image of the Christ Child to the Carmelites saying the “I give to you what I prize most highly in the world. So long as you venerate this image, you shall not want”.

Her prophecy was remarkably fulfilled. When the Carmelite community began to venerate the image of the Divine Child many spiritual and temporal benefits came to it.

I have put a fuller history of the devotion on this link:

http://missionbell.homestead.com/his...sofprague.html

The Infant of Prague really does help people in this way. Here is just one example from my family alone.

Help in Financial Needs

On one occasion when we were children, my mother was quite short of money to pay pressing medical bills. She prayed to The Holy Infant Jesus of Prague and a few hours later a man knocked at our door and asked if he could buy some of the building wood which he saw in our yard. Mum did not need the wood so she sold it and the sale provided money to help pay the bills.

There are other examples of financial assistance favours on this link:

http://missionbell.homestead.com/inf...uefavours.html

Praying for the Holy Souls in Purgatory, having Masses offered for their relief and asking for their intercession for financial needs is another thing that I would recommend to you.

The powerful intercession of the Holy Souls in Purgatory for their benefactors and ways to help them

http://missionbell.homestead.com/Afa...holysouls.html

The web page has accounts of the intercession of The Holy Souls in Purgatory, for their benefactors in cases of illness, addictions, cars that won't start, infertility problems, protection in accidents, conversion, chronic insomnia, their help for people who are experiencing major trouble with city councils, success with projects, real estate, finding lost property and trouble with relations, etc. and prayers and ideas on how to help The Holy Souls in Purgatory.

On an unrelated matter:

Novena to St Philomena the Wonder Worker for the healing of autism

http://missionbell.homestead.com/nov...cchildren.html

Each person (who has autism or an autism related condition) whose name is sent to be included in this novena, will be prayed for regularly by a priest of Lourdes, France at the grotto. Only the first name of the person is needed for the purpose of this novena. Everyone is invited to send names: parents, grandparents, teachers, doctors, aunties, therapists etc.

The novena is held twice every month from: the 1st to the 9th of the Month and from the 10th to the 18th of the month.
Old May 4, '08, 9:54 am
Banned

Smile Re: The Holy Infant Jesus of Prague and help with financial problems

Thanks so much for posting all those great links above,
especially the one about the Holy Souls in Purgatory, who are often forgotten unfortunately.

For financial trouble, let us also remember that God thru St. Paul in 2nd Corinthians Chapter 9, assures us that if we are generous to God and His Kingdom, he will be generous to us as well.
Now, I'm not talking about set "seed-faith" offerings or any such thing as that, but if we give of our resources, time, talent, and prayers to the building up of God's Kingdom, the LORD has promised to reward us for it. Does our parish Priest need help?
Maybe we can get to church an hour early to help him get the church ready. Are we chintzy and cheap with our financial support of the church (and I mean giving far less than we can afford to give to help our parish church)? Try increasing our support of our parish church. And alms for the poor.
But first and foremost, prayer and deeds of charity.
Thanks again for those links !!

Love,
Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+
Old May 4, '08, 10:05 am
Prayer Warrior

Default Re: The Holy Infant Jesus of Prague and help with financial problems

I have noticed throughout my life that if I give enough to the Church and to various missions, that we never want financially. I have truly been in awe of God's generosity!
I have also noticed that when we cut back on giving, our resources tend to "dry up". It is as though God is chastising us for not trusting Him.
Right now we give to our parish and we also give to a Mexican missionary (layman with 5 children) who is busy rounding up people to go to Mass and also busy with literacy. God has really blessed us with this ministry!
Give, and you'll receive!
Old May 15, '08, 8:08 pm
Prayer Warrior

Is there a novena or a chaplet that you say to the HIOP?
Old May 15, '08, 9:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mary View Post
Is there a novena or a chaplet that you say to the HIOP?
I have placed the prayers for The Holy Infant Jesus Chaplet

on this link:

http://missionbell.homestead.com/inf...sofprague.html

put the words "Novena to the Infant of Prague" into the Google search engine and you will easily find the novena.

The following are extracts from the book that I am working on:

The Eight Hour Novena to The Infant of Prague

A lady who was giving me a copy of the eight hour novena in my former parish commented to me about this devotion: “It would take a whole week to begin to tell you the answers to prayer in connection with this particular novena".

The eight hour novena is said at approximately the same time every hour until the novena is finished. (The prayer is said nine times during the eight hours.)

It is also known as the "The storm novena" because the person is "storming heaven" with their prayers. Another name that it is known by is the "emergency novena".

A Comment on the Devotion

A volunteer helper in a Catholic library told me that her sister prays regularly to the Holy Infant Jesus of Prague and that her sister never ran in financial troubles and always did well in this area. The librarian's comments bear out the prophecy of Princess Polyxena to the Carmelites of Prague. "As long as you honour the Child Jesus you shall never be in need".

Protection from Danger at Sea

A friend of mine told me the following story about her grandfather. Her grandfather was on a ship off the coast of China prior to World War I. A gale blew up and large waves lashed the ship. The ship was in danger of sinking. He was very devoted to the Holy Infant Jesus of Prague.

He went to his cabin and took out his Infant of Prague statue and then stood on the deck and held it while praying. He received a vision of the infant Jesus walking on the waves. The gale stopped and the waves died down. The ship was no longer in danger of going down.
Old May 16, '08, 9:32 am
Prayer Warrior

Thank you! That is helpful. I am interested in this novena.
Old May 20, '08, 10:25 am
Prayer Warrior

bump?
Old May 21, '08, 2:13 pm

Religion: Catholic (Roman Rite)

thank you for posting this...i have also passed all the novenas on to others who might be interested

on a side note, St. Joseph is also a wonderful Saint for financial, home, or work related help.

Jesus have mercy on us,
Mary pray for us.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Archive > Archive > Faith and Finances: 2014