Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old May 8, '08, 12:57 pm
Banned

Religion: Messianic
Lightbulb The Gospel According To Oprah Winfrey: Jesus Did Not Come To Die On The Cross

The Gospel According To Oprah Winfrey: Jesus Did Not Come To Die On The Cross

Did you see what Oprah Winfrey said on her television show NOW?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM5ILOsHLnw

On one of her recent shows, Oprah Winfrey, who claims to be a "Christian", actually said that Jesus did not come to die on the cross.

People like Oprah are totally laying the groundwork for the coming one world religion. After all, if there is no "sin", no "salvation", no "heaven", no "hell, and Jesus didn't come to die on the cross, then you can define "Christianity" any way you want and it can easily be merged with other relgions.

Here is how another article describes what Oprah is teaching:

-----

For years Oprah has promoted New Age religion on her television show, but in the past few months she has taken her promotion of false religion to an entirely new level.

Oprah is now holding weekly internet "lessons" for the whole world with her new spiritual superstar Eckhart Tolle.

These are some of the things Tolle has written:

"All religions are equally false and equally true, depending on how you use them."

"Man made God in his own image."

Did you know that Oprah is openly denying Jesus Christ to the whole world?

Oprah said on her television show that there could not possibly be one way to God.

Oprah recently said that she does not believe that Jesus came to die on the cross, but rather that the purpose for Jesus coming was to teach us "Christ consciousness".

-----

You can read the rest of the article here:

http://shatteredparadigm.blogspot.co...rey-jesus.html

What do you all think about this?
Old May 8, '08, 2:01 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: The Gospel According To Oprah Winfrey: Jesus Did Not Come To Die On The Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandM View Post
The Gospel According To Oprah Winfrey: Jesus Did Not Come To Die On The Cross.............

I think it's just another example of Oprah's wackiness.

She has been so wealthy and so powerful for so long that 1) she doesn't appear to have a clear picture of the Truth and 2) very few people are going to argue with her.

The less resistance she gets, the less she doubts whether or not she's correct in her thinking.

As a result, her confidence grows and keeps her from really hearing what people are saying if they do try to argue a point with her.

I don't even think she realizes it. She is very wrapped up in her coccoon.

The woman needs our prayers.
Old May 8, '08, 2:30 pm
Prayer Warrior

Default Re: The Gospel According To Oprah Winfrey: Jesus Did Not Come To Die On The Cross

Stay-at-Home Dad of 3... is me!

I had to stop watching this video about a third of the way through.
She has really gotten "New Agey" in the last few years. I think she is hanging around Mr. Cruise and Mr. Travolta way too much,
they are just sucking her in and as a result possibly millions of others are lead astray. I pray her eyes are opened soon.

Paul

p.s. What exactly is "Christ Consciousness"? ugh! more wackie self interpretation.

Mary, Mediatrix Of All Graces, Pray For Us
How many future priests were aborted?!?
"Be Not Afraid"

HLS Club Member
Old May 8, '08, 3:10 pm

Religion: catholic

Why would anyone give Oprah's opinion on these matters any credence? She is not a theologian, nor is she one of the great thinkers of our century...she is just a talk show host...

Would you allow her to diagnose your body for ailments? I think not..Why would you seek advice for your soul from her????
Old May 8, '08, 5:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosetea View Post
Why would anyone give Oprah's opinion on these matters any credence? She is not a theologian, nor is she one of the great thinkers of our century...she is just a talk show host...

Would you allow her to diagnose your body for ailments? I think not..Why would you seek advice for your soul from her????
SARCASM ALERT...

Why would they give credence??? Because St. Oprah can never be wrong!

Seriously though - it seems as if Oprah is trying to create her own religion.
Old May 9, '08, 6:02 am
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue32 View Post
SARCASM ALERT...

Seriously though - it seems as if Oprah is trying to create her own religion.
Yes, but I don't think she realizes it. She just spouts things off, people lap it up and want more and she's like "wow" I must be on to something here.

That's just one way to look at it. Either way, she's being very irresponsible.

Yesterday she interviewed Tina Turner and Cher and I would have loved to have seen them, but I turned the channel b/c I refuse to watch her show lately.
Old May 9, '08, 6:18 am
Veteran Member

Religion: Anti-marxist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandM View Post
The Gospel According To Oprah Winfrey: Jesus Did Not Come To Die On The Cross

Did you see what Oprah Winfrey said on her television show NOW?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM5ILOsHLnw

On one of her recent shows, Oprah Winfrey, who claims to be a "Christian", actually said that Jesus did not come to die on the cross.

People like Oprah are totally laying the groundwork for the coming one world religion. After all, if there is no "sin", no "salvation", no "heaven", no "hell, and Jesus didn't come to die on the cross, then you can define "Christianity" any way you want and it can easily be merged with other relgions.

Here is how another article describes what Oprah is teaching:

-----

For years Oprah has promoted New Age religion on her television show, but in the past few months she has taken her promotion of false religion to an entirely new level.

Oprah is now holding weekly internet "lessons" for the whole world with her new spiritual superstar Eckhart Tolle.

These are some of the things Tolle has written:

"All religions are equally false and equally true, depending on how you use them."

"Man made God in his own image."

Did you know that Oprah is openly denying Jesus Christ to the whole world?

Oprah said on her television show that there could not possibly be one way to God.

Oprah recently said that she does not believe that Jesus came to die on the cross, but rather that the purpose for Jesus coming was to teach us "Christ consciousness".

-----

You can read the rest of the article here:

http://shatteredparadigm.blogspot.co...rey-jesus.html

I knew there was a good reason why I can't stand this self-proclaimed messiah of the airwaves.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence