Catholic FAQ

We were unable to reach our goal for the summer but we have reached 98%
Please consider donating if you can and keep us in your prayers.

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Liturgy and Sacraments

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Aug 3, '08, 8:32 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Desecration of the Holy Eucharist

My priest enlightened my Church to a few very disturbing occurrences today. He said that in Florida, a guy actually stole some blessed Eucharist from a Catholic Church and held it for ransom. In another state, a college professor encouraged his students to go to Catholic Mass to get Eucharist for him to publicly desecrate - an act that he mentioned posting on youtube for all the world to see.

And perhaps even more disturbing than these two instances is the fact that something so important never really made it into the news. It's mostly been kept under the radar.

This is absolutely outrageous and disgusting!!! Who would do such a thing to the Holy Body of Christ?! Does anyone have any more information on this? Thoughts?
Benedictus qui venit in nomine domini.
Hosanna in excelsis.
Old Aug 3, '08, 8:35 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: joyfully Catholic
Default Re: Desecration of the Holy Eucharist

O Sacrament most holy, O Sacrament divine, all praise and all thanksgiving be every moment Thine.
as if each person is the only loved one.
JESUS please welcome each person with love, healing, and great joy!
Thank You JESUS

Mother Mary at the wedding feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
though JESUS protested it was not yet time for miracles
you successfully interceded with Him for a family's temporal need
please now intercede with your divine Son
for each person's temporal and spiritual needs.
Thank you Mother

JESUS please grant our prayer for this person

Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Old Aug 3, '08, 9:37 pm
Book Club Member

Send a message via AIM to rosebudsal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahannah View Post
My priest enlightened my Church to a few very disturbing occurrences today. He said that in Florida, a guy actually stole some blessed Eucharist from a Catholic Church and held it for ransom. In another state, a college professor encouraged his students to go to Catholic Mass to get Eucharist for him to publicly desecrate - an act that he mentioned posting on youtube for all the world to see.

And perhaps even more disturbing than these two instances is the fact that something so important never really made it into the news. It's mostly been kept under the radar.

This is absolutely outrageous and disgusting!!! Who would do such a thing to the Holy Body of Christ?! Does anyone have any more information on this? Thoughts?
It's totally been on the news. The newsstory about the kid in Florida broke on a local TV news station a few weeks ago and was picked up across the country. The professor in Minnesota was reacting to the outrage. He was totally misguided and totally disrespectful intentionally. He posted about it on his blog. Apparently, he blogs about his life, science and whatever else crosses his mind. He did ask people to get him a consecrated Host. He mocks religion and is just an arrogant you know what.

He did desecrate the Eucharist, as well as a few pages of the Koran (only they were an English translation) and ripped out a few pages from Richard Dawkin's "The God Delusion".

True, most of the coverage of both stories after the initial story broke has been in Catholic and Internet circles, but it's been everywhere. Most people I know who aren't Catholic or don't follow Catholic news know about it.

It's childish and petty and incredibly sad. But he got his 15 minutes of fame, so he got what he wanted.

"One opens the inner doors of one's heart to the infinite silences of the Spirit, out of whose abysses love wells up without fail and gives itself to all." Thomas Merton.

My musings: Confessions and Contemplations.
Old Aug 3, '08, 10:19 pm
Veteran Member
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Radio Club Member
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic (Latin Rite)
Send a message via AIM to Mannyfit75 Send a message via MSN to Mannyfit75 Send a message via Yahoo to Mannyfit75

Youtube has a lot of Anti Catholic videos and one called Eucharist Challenge by atheists. Their hatred for Christianity is very deep and it is very shameful.

"They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not admit that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ,.." - St. Ignatius of Antioch, "Letter to the Smyrnaeans", paragraph 6. circa 80-110 A.D." - Manny
Old Aug 3, '08, 10:35 pm

Quote:

You can find out more about both these incidents (and others) by going here.
Old Aug 3, '08, 11:00 pm

I see Prof. Meyers as pathetic. A sad, little man.

óJohn Paul II

Old Aug 4, '08, 1:19 am
Banned
Book Club Member

Religion: Roman Catholic

O Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore thee profoundly. I offer thee the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifferences by which He is offended. By the infinite merits of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of thee the conversion of poor sinners.

Desecration of the Most Blessed Sacrament is most apalling to Catholics to be sure. It's the work of Satan. If we let the Deadly Sin of Anger and our vocal judgement of these minions of Satan be our reponse to these outrageous acts, Satan wins. Or at least he corners a few souls.

IMO, our only response must be prayers of reparation. Without ceasing.

I'd like to ask everyone who reads this thread to ask his/her pastor to speak of this need for prayers of reparation offered by all catholics. Please do it today so the faithful will hear it from the pulpits next Sunday.

Perhaps if someone here has the skills to assemble a form letter/request, we could all email it to as many parish pastors as possible in each of our diocese.

Anyone up for it ?
Old Aug 4, '08, 9:30 am

Maybe it would be best to contact the Catholic League itself. It might be a good idea to suggest that they create a form letter that could be distributed, giving Catholics advice about how to pray in such cases.
Old Aug 5, '08, 8:25 am
Forum Elder

Quote:

These are not isolated incidents. They happen frequently all over the world. People pretend to be Catholics sometimes to take the host away for satanic rituals or to descrate them somehow.
Old Aug 5, '08, 8:34 am

Religion: Catholic (RCIA Class of 1994)

There are a couple of lengthy threads about these incidents over in the news sections here on CAF. BUT, BEWARE! They will make you very angry...this "associate professor" is a fool and a bigot!
Old Sep 16, '08, 9:15 am
Observing Member

Default Eucharistic Desecration

I am not sure if anyone has posted this before but recently i was on youtube and came across a video where some guy desecrates consecrated hosts. Is there anything that can be done to stop this? His name is FSMdude and if you search for "eucharistic descration" on youtube.com his videos will show up.

God Bless
Old Sep 16, '08, 9:39 am

Default Re: Eucharistic Desecration

Not sure if there Is anything that can be done except pray for him and also pray that this "host" was NOT consecrated.
Old Sep 16, '08, 1:55 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:

Both of these events received extensive coverage in the national media.

The Host that was "kidnapped" was taken by a college student trying to make a point of some sort concerning overbearing people in the Church.

The College Professor actually went on line and national radio and TV and asked someone to get him a consecrated Host and he would desecrate it. He was looking for publicity.
Old Sep 21, '08, 12:21 pm

Of course it is very sad, but these people are just looking for publicity, and the more of it we give them, the happier they are. They are hoping to upset and insult us, and our only effective response is to offer them our pity instead.

In conversations with non-Catholics on this subject, we shouldn't emphasize our belief in the real presence, which would only lead to a tricky theological debate. It's more productive to point out the biggotry and deliberate insult to Catholic people-- an insult considerably more severe than using racial perjoritives.

We must be aware of anyone removing the Eucharist from Mass, and be willing to confront them IF we are certain they aren't authorized to do so.

But we should remember that Christ in the Eucharist does not, cannot suffer: if he could, being digested would be too awful to contemplate.
Old Sep 21, '08, 2:21 pm
Prayer Warrior

Several weeks ago, our pastor had the Mass and he and the EMHCs were distributing Holy Communion. The pastor noticed that a man did not put the Host in his mouth and chased him down the aisle and made the man either
consume the host or give it to the priest. I didn't pay attention to the outcome because I had just received and was praying. I only noticed because the pastor called after the man. Go, Father!

Peace,
Linda
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Liturgy and Sacraments