Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Aug 31, '08, 3:38 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Saul Alinsky's book Rules for Radicals dedicated to Lucifer

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/h...nsky-and-satan

This was a topic of discussion on Rush's radio show Thursday.
Very hard to believe but seeing is believing. Quote from transcript:

Rules for Radicals is the title of the book, A Practical Primer for Realistic Radicals, by Saul Alinsky. Heís no longer alive, but his work lives on.
Here is Saul Alinskyís dedication to his own book: ďLest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins ó or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom ó Lucifer
Old Aug 31, '08, 3:41 pm
Forum Elder

Religion: Catholic no adjectives
Default Re: Saul Alinsky's book Rules for Radicals dedicated to Lucifer

I studied the works of Alinsky and his public utterances in college, as a union and community organizer, and again in grad school and I don't recall that statement in any of his published material. have you a more definitive source or link? and would you care to state why a 60s radical who has been dead for year merits comment now on this forum? where is your link to a news story required by this forum? I am certainly no defender of the man, his politics or his methods of organizing, but I do like accuracy and fairness in public discussions, especially those maligning dead people.

website quoted is not a news source, and does not give link to the entire work, nor does it give relevant bibliographic info.
Old Aug 31, '08, 4:12 pm
Banned

Religion: catholic

Yes,thats why the establishmetn..Lucifers storm troopers..always portray their lemmings as 'radicals' this is a nice word for some momma's boys who never could make the team..even sandlot ball. By portraying them in that fashion it gives them a cause as it were to do such and such..protest America's latest involvement..but notice..and I sent a letter to my diocesan newspaper asking how come these peace niks never seem to protest communist aggression.(lets see if they print it..they wont,I am blacklisted in my own diocesan paper)..during the Nam conflict..we were simply upholding a treaty obligation...yet,so many draft-dodgers discovered a new word...'moral' and in this case..'this war is immoral' this from a do your own thing brain washed generation of over pampered teenyboppers.IN A TIME OF UNIVERSAL DECEIT,TELLING THE TRUTH IS A REVOLUTIONARY ACT..George Orwell..how true,how true
Old Aug 31, '08, 4:57 pm

The link I posted is to a photo of the 1st few pages of his book and the dedication.
Old Sep 1, '08, 12:04 am
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE View Post
The link I posted is to a photo of the 1st few pages of his book and the dedication.
That's nice, but considering the book was written more than 35 years ago it is hardly news.
Old Sep 1, '08, 6:34 am
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE View Post
or purports to be

the man was no saint, he was a radical in the old pre-60s sense of the term, and imo 100% off base in the real effective means of bringing about true social change, but in all my study of his works including that one, never saw that quote, that may be my ignorance, but I think the link posted is a hodgepodge not the actual work.

and it is not a site devoted to his work, it is a site that claims to establish a link with his politics to a former presidential candidate, and is posted as an attack on that person, not as a critique of Alinskys work.

still no link to a news story as required by this forum, you have 15 min before I report to mods
Old Sep 1, '08, 1:16 pm

http://www.investors.com/editorial/e...03605575673142

10th paragraph down!
Old Sep 1, '08, 2:18 pm
Forum Elder

and the point of this thread is what
attacking the views and tactics of an old, dead radical
or attacking current presidential candidates who, however loosely, identify with some causes that were shared by some old dead radicals. can't be the latter, because that would be verging on a banned topic, wouldn't it.
Old Sep 1, '08, 2:34 pm
Veteran Member
Forum Supporter

Religion: Roman Catholic

perhaps this is the wrong forum for this thread....maybe better in popular media ....social justice, etc
Old Sep 1, '08, 3:13 pm
Banned

Religion: A struggling Catholic

As a life-long reader, philosophy has always been my least favorite subject. philosophy is personal opinion put down on paper...no footnotes....no research...personal opinion.

Just my thoughts,

John
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News