Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Nov 20, '08, 4:54 pm
Banned

Religion: Agnostic
Default Re: Satanic Ritual Abuse and Jehovah's Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDNCatholic View Post
The OP has personal experience with this. Its no legend.
I'm sure. But I still think they were just dabblers, if not, then people who were using that whole "Devil made me do it" defense.

Satanic Ritual Abuse doesn't have enough evidence on its side, and the main branches of Satanism (i.e. Temple of Set, LaVeyan Satanism, Theistic Satanism) don't condone such violence on people or animals.
Old Nov 20, '08, 5:01 pm

Religion: catholic

huh.
Old Nov 20, '08, 5:04 pm

Religion: Catholic

Say a Hail Mary before the conference, for Mary is a powerful intercessor
Old Nov 20, '08, 5:05 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade and Blood View Post
I'm sure. But I still think they were just dabblers, if not, then people who were using that whole "Devil made me do it" defense.

Satanic Ritual Abuse doesn't have enough evidence on its side, and the main branches of Satanism (i.e. Temple of Set, LaVeyan Satanism, Theistic Satanism) don't condone such violence on people or animals.
B & B, I am not talking about some goth teeny boppers circa 1988 in Southern California....I am talking about a 3 year old in 1965 drugged in a trance to prophecy and be an oracle for a demon by the President of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society in a pit with dead snakes in the woods of southern New Jersey. The term SRA is a new term, and in my case the emphasis is on the A-buse, not the S-atanic R-itual anymore than it has been suggested it was W-atchtower A-buse.....
Matt. 28 kept bothering me. Jesus said he would be with THEM until the end. THEY became the Catholic Church. He did not say he would be with them until they apostasized & split into 30K denoms & then he would only pick 1 obscure group in the 1800's for all eternity. It just didn't sit well with me.
Old Nov 21, '08, 5:15 am
Banned

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravyn_Guiliani View Post
I am just going to tell my story. I am going public with it now because I have recently met others online who had similar experiences and I did not know others suffered as I did, so now it is my mission to try and save those who may be suffering now. I want to use my experiences for something good.
What is your story?
Old Nov 21, '08, 6:10 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

Religion: Roman Catholic

Ravyn,
As always, you have my prayers and admiration.

Ralph
Old Nov 21, '08, 8:32 am
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTrueCathApos View Post
What is your story?

http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index....38252#msg38252

I am Cammy on that forum. Feel free to click on my avatar and read my profile and click on the 'show all posts'---read anything you want. my struggle with faith is in this post:

http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index....41568#msg41568
Matt. 28 kept bothering me. Jesus said he would be with THEM until the end. THEY became the Catholic Church. He did not say he would be with them until they apostasized & split into 30K denoms & then he would only pick 1 obscure group in the 1800's for all eternity. It just didn't sit well with me.
Old Nov 21, '08, 8:30 pm
Prayer Warrior

ok six screens should be up and running after midnght with more bandwidth and I will be on the conference call tomorrow AFTER David Reed, around 8:15-8:30ish.
Old Nov 21, '08, 9:54 pm

I'm not saying I don't believe YOU - I don't know you. But I have know ALOT of JW's - elders etc. and they avoided EVERYTHING that even "hinted" at being of Satan. They saw evil all over and avoided it at all costs.

I'm curious if you always remembered these experiences, or are these represed memories that have surfaced?

Edit: I see the previous post where you said you have always remembered.

OK, still.... I'm at a loss actually.... Rituals with snakes and the Watchtower Gov. Body? Where were your parents?
Old Nov 21, '08, 10:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post

I'm not saying I don't believe YOU - I don't know you. But I have know ALOT of JW's - elders etc. and they avoided EVERYTHING that even "hinted" at being of Satan. They saw evil all over and avoided it at all costs.

I'm curious if you always remembered these experiences, or are these represed memories that have surfaced?

Edit: I see the previous post where you said you have always remembered.

OK, still.... I'm at a loss actually.... Rituals with snakes and the Watchtower Gov. Body? Where were your parents?
Nevermind - questions answered from link you provided.
Old Nov 22, '08, 3:49 am

Indicators that SRA is bogus:

"FRAUDS IN THE SRA INDUSTRY

Much of the public's current beliefs about Satanism and SRA can be traced back to four books: Michelle Remembers, Satan Seller, Satan's Underground and He Came to Set the Captives Free. All contain what the authors claim to be personal experiences with Satanism - as victim or perpetrator. All four have been proven to be frauds by various Evangelical and Wiccan investigators. Various television exposes of SRA (20-20, Geraldo, and other talk shows) featured these authors. There are many dozens of additional books which are mainly written by Evangelical authors which appear to use combinations of these four books for source material. A study by the Wiccan Information Network has shown that there is no agreement by these authors on the Satanic seasonal days of celebration. The dates mentioned in these books appear to be guesses by their authors. If Satanic dates are simply invented, one may wonder whether the rest of the books are based on reality.

The most important book (the one which originally triggered the SRA panic) is Michelle Remembers by Dr. Lawrence Pazder and Michelle Smith (Pocket Books 1980; ISBN 0-671-69433-2). An investigation by the Wiccan Information Network revealed that the horrendous rituals described in the book originated in Pazder's personal study of benign African native religious practices.

Ultimately, all of the beliefs about SRA can be traced back to the above four books, to people's imagination and to the Malleus Maleficarum (the text book of the Witch burning times).

If SRA existed, then one would logically expect that a SRA survivor somewhere who had continuously present memories would write a non-fraudulent book describing their abuse experiences, either as victim or perpetrator." (RT)
Old Nov 22, '08, 8:10 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravyn_Guiliani View Post
B & B, I am not talking about some goth teeny boppers circa 1988 in Southern California....I am talking about a 3 year old in 1965 drugged in a trance to prophecy and be an oracle for a demon by the President of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society in a pit with dead snakes in the woods of southern New Jersey. The term SRA is a new term, and in my case the emphasis is on the A-buse, not the S-atanic R-itual anymore than it has been suggested it was W-atchtower A-buse.....
Ravyn,
Since reading your post late last night, I've thought about you and I'm curious about your experience.

This began when you were 3 ? When did it end? I read on the other forum that your father was involved? Was your mother aware that her little girl was being used in this way?

Do you think the governing body is currently using toddlers in this way? Did they continue to use children after you?

What is the purpose in using children in this way? If it wasn't some sort of sexual perversion.. what were they getting out of it?
Old Nov 22, '08, 8:46 am

Indicators that SRA is bogus - cont:

"LACK OF SURVIVORS' DOCUMENTATION PRIOR TO 1980

The term "SRA survivor" is used to describe adults who have memories of SRA which happened. Usually, they had not been aware of these experiences until recovered memories are developed during therapy. There are no records of SRA survivors having gone public in the 20th century prior to the publishing of Michelle Remembers.

If SRA has been practiced for many generations (as the promoters of SRA believe) then someone should have come forward before 1980 to reveal their abuse." (RT)
Old Nov 22, '08, 8:54 am
Prayer Warrior

you can listen in to the call and hear the rest of the details.
thank you all for your support and prayers. this is a BIG deal for me. I am not doing it to be validated, I am doing it to help others who may be suffering like I did (and thought I was the only one.)

the site has exceeded its bandwidth it was so busy--so it is supposed to be fixed and I will be on the conference call tonight at about 8:15 ish after an interview with David Reed. The phone number for the call is: 712-432-8710 and the pin number is 9925.

the podcast will be available a few days after the call on the website for free.
Old Nov 22, '08, 9:40 am
Prayer Warrior

This is very interesting. I am not calling the OP a liar but I have seriously doubt that Satanism really exists. Afterall, why would anybody worship an evil being that hates humanity? It makes no sense whatsoever. I think Satanism is a medieval Christian invention based on the superstitious fears of the time. I do not think that Satanism ever existed except in the minds of fearful Christians.

However, I am more than willing to change my views if someone provides information and evidence to suggest that there is such a religion as satanism. I know that there is LaVeyan satanism, but I am referring to the worship of the fallen angel Lucifer, the diabolical enemy of all that is good. Is this form of Satanism a reality? Or is it only an urban legend?

Magnificat anima mea Dominum. Et exultavit spiritus meus in Deo salutari meo.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions