Catholic FAQ

Help support Catholic Answers!

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Mar 1, '09, 11:41 am
Banned

Religion: Christian
Default Muhammad committed shirk many times

Islamic Laws
The Qur'anic Teachings

What is Shirk?
-Taking human beings from among ourselves as Lords or patrons besides allah.
-Taking angels or prophets as Lords or patrons besides allah.
-Taking Ahbaar and Rahbaan (religious authorities) as Lords and patrons besides allah.
-Worshipping, obeying and adoring of anything besides allah.
-Taking Masters (wali) other than allah. to ascribe allah's partners in his command or rule.
-To ascribe allah's partners in his kingship or dominion.
-To ascribe allah's partners in his lordship.
-To be divided into sects.
-Failing to establish the Just Economic System of Zakat

I can show you that Muhammad committed shirk - quite often in fact - via Islam's own texts - al tirmidhi hadiths (5th of the accepted 6)

I.
#936, allah's messenger said: 'He who invokes blessings upon Muhammed saying: "O Allah, cause him to occupy the nearest seat to thee on the Day of Resurrection, my intercession will be assured for him."'
(Here Muhammed is making himself patron and lord, partnering with Allah (who actually needs a bit of help). Since only 'Divine God' - Christ - has been given 'all judgment, and no intercession will be allowed, is this madman of Mecca committing the unforgiveable sin of shirk" )

II.
tirmidhi #929, '...I said: "May I devote the whole of my supplication to you? (my prayer)?" Thereupon he (Muhammed) said: 'In that case it will take care of you and your sins would be expiated.'
(So, supplicating to Muhammed takes care of sin? This is heretical shirk!)

III.
#933, Allahs' messenger said: 'The niggardly is the one before whom I am mentioned and he does not invoke blessings upon me.'
( Another comdemnation for anyone who forgets that mohammed is the focus of islam's teachings. He's nesteled right in allah's lap as its partner.)

IV.
#938 The supplication is stopped between heaven and earth and none of it ascends till you invoke blessing on your prophet. (Prayers cannot reach the big boss, Allah, unless muslims include an invocation for mohammed!?)

V.
#927 Allah's messenger said: 'Let there be smeared with dust the nose of the person in whose presence I am mentioned, and he does not invoke blessing on me.'
(No getting around it, if mohammed doesn't remain the center of the muslim unverse, there will be hell to pay!)

VI.
#923 Allah's messenger said: 'The one nearest to me on the Day of Resurrection will be one who invokes the greatest number of blessings on me.'
(See how he inserts himself as having importance on the Day of Resurrection? He a rotted corpse, but this ties knots in the head of all muslims!)

VII.
#922 Allah's messenger said: 'He who invokes one blessing on me, Allah will shower ten blessings upon him and obliterate ten sins and elevate him by ten ranks.'
(muslims, knowing how contentious and capricious Allah is, are constantly struggling to make it to home plate in this pointless game of islam.)

VIII.
#820 Verily my prayer, sacrifices, life and my death are for Allah, the lord of the worlds (SATAN - see next quote 2 Cor 4:3,4). There is no associate of his: and this is what I have been directed to and I am the first amongst the muslims.
(2 Corinthians 4:3,4 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are perishing, in whom the god of this world (SATAN) hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.)

IX.
#811 ...don't you fear Allah? don't you see how you observe the prayer? You are under the impression that what you do is hidden from me. by Allah, I see me as I see in front of me.
(Now he's claiming the power of being all seeing? He couldn't perform a single miracle, but Allah gives him a rearview mirror? How can one reasonably follow such a guy?)

X. (I am including this one - it isn't shirk, but it is showing us that once again, mohammed couldn't follow his own 'religion'.
#66 ...The prophet said: A wise person is one who keeps a watch over his bodily desires and passons ...a foolish person is one who subordinates himself to his cravings and desires.
(Since mohammed never put this wisdom into practice, he, himself, is telling his followers that he is foolisth! So, why are allah's slaves following this guy?)

Muslims pretend that islam is 'true', in the face of overwhelming evidence that it is the cult of 'mohammed worship'.

Many of your former siblings have found the courage to admit that mohammed is a heretic. Nothing he told you about allah, or jannah, has a single shred of truth in it. Your eternal souls hang in the balance of what you decide to do about the lies of islam. Choose wisely!
Old Mar 1, '09, 2:36 pm

Default Re: Muhammad committed shirk many times

One of the biggest acts of shirk committed by Muhammad is changing the Shema from "Hear oh Israel, the Lord Is One" to "hear oh Israel (or Arabs), the Lord is one AND Muhammad is his messenger".

If God wanted to insert any prophet's name beside His name, He would have done it long time ago but God says His glory He gives to no one but Muhammad decided to put his name alongside God's.

Another act of shirk is mentioned in a hadith where Muhammad asked a man to stop his prayer in order to answer Muhammad's call by saying obeying obeying Muhammad is obeying Allah when in fact Allah is supposed to be before Muhammad, not the other way round.

Another act of shirk is mentioned in another hadith where Muhammad said humans must love him more than their own families, and more than the whole world. He forgot for a second that He is not God.

Another act of shirk is making Allah swear by creation when the Bible says God only swears by Himself since no one is greater, yet Muhamad said Allah swears by horses and their hooves, implying, Biblically-wise, that they are of equal greatness to God.

Another act of shirk commited by Muhammad is saying "Allah and Muhammad decree", "Allah and Muhammad say", "Allah and Muhammad know" ecc.
Old Mar 1, '09, 2:39 pm
Banned

Religion: Other

What do you expect of a pedophile like Mohammed?
Old Mar 1, '09, 3:14 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluny View Post
What do you expect of a pedophile like Mohammed?
It is more than pediphilia that Muhammad committed against humanity. He was a murdering warlord, who enslaved and stole from people. But, here is where Muhammad broke his word.

Once again, I will use al-Tirmidhi hadiths:

#35 Seldom did the messanger of Allah address us when he did not say, 'There is no faith in him who is not trustworthy and there is no religion in him who does not respect his covenant."

- know that Muhammed was caught in adultry with Maria the Copt. We know that when he lusted for Zaynab, his daughter-in-law, he commissioned his 'Allah' to send a supporting ayah, approving of Muhammed's incestuous lust. Muhammed was/is not trustworthy.
- Muhammed broke the treaty of Hudaibiyah by refusing to return a woman from Mecca back to her guardians, specifically her brothers. This established the muslim doctrine of 'hudna', a peace agreement to be observed only as long as muslims aren't in a position of strength. The 'religon' of Muhammed is founded on greed, lust and lies. We see this hudna behavior in all the cease fires/treaties they have broken with Israel.
Old Mar 1, '09, 5:37 pm
Banned

Religion: Islam

In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Salaam/peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by inJESUS View Post
One of the biggest acts of shirk committed by Muhammad is changing the Shema from "Hear oh Israel, the Lord Is One" to "hear oh Israel (or Arabs), the Lord is one AND Muhammad is his messenger".

Prophet warned his followers : Do not over praise me as the Christians over-praised the son of Mary. I am His slave so say: 'Allah's slave and messenger'

If this is shirk , then how come your belief Jesus (pbuh) taught his followers I am God , Worship me is not shirk ???

related link:

The Life of The Last Prophet by Yusuf Islam ( ex Cat Stevens)

click to listen :

http://www.islamicity.com/audio/lprophet.ram
Old Mar 1, '09, 6:55 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post
Prophet warned his followers : Do not over praise me as the Christians over-praised the son of Mary. I am His slave so say: 'Allah's slave and messenger'

If this is shirk , then how come your belief Jesus (pbuh) taught his followers I am God , Worship me is not shirk ???

related link:
Since we believe that Jesus is God, we are not the ones with a problem. You are crossing over into our beliefs. If you do not want to believe that Jesus is God then that is up to your religion. Muslims pass judgement on us all the time and it is not for them to pass judgement on anyone. It is up to God to pass judgement. We have our religion and you have yours.

So, your question is moot when you ask us about Jesus being God. You should ask a fellow Muslim that question if you find out he/she believes that Jesus is God.

And as for Muhammad, it was obvious from your own texts that he broke Commandments 4-10 and so he redefined sin, including shirk (defined in first post). It seems that now I have found out that Muhammad even committed shirk several times.

It is nice that he humbled himself once, or twice (I don't know how many hadiths that he has humbled himself), but he has committed shirk more than once!

And then even his other definitions for what to do and not to do, he couldn't follow his own commands.

I find that he is not the 'perfect' man. Not even close. and according to your beliefs, he won't be in that paradise he described for you muslims. Oh, sorry, in that paradise for the muslim men, not you - you get to watch them. I haven't found too much on what the women get to do in that heaven of yours.
Old Mar 2, '09, 3:45 am
Banned

Salaam/peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agabriel View Post
.. Muslims pass judgement on us all the time .
huh ..what you as a Christian are doing in this thread ?? Claiming funny things. Last Prophet (pbuh) taught us the greatest sin is shirk. No one should overpraise him but to address him as a slave of God. But u believe he committed shirk .

Show us only one hadith where he said , I am equal to God ; so worship me.

related hadith:

The Prophet said about faith, that it “is made up of over sixty branches: the highest of which is the belief in the oneness of Allah, i.e., there is no God but Allah,
and the lowest in the scale of worship is removing obstacles from people's way.”

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/...=1123996016518
Old Mar 2, '09, 6:57 am

Religion: CATHLOIC

Quote:

Salaam/peace

related link:

The Life of The Last Prophet by Yusuf Islam ( ex Cat Stevens)

click to listen :

http://www.islamicity.com/audio/lprophet.ram
muslin woman, I miss you on another thread so maybe this will help you JESUS GAVE UP HIS LIFE AND TOOK IT BACK.
JESUS DIED AND ROSE AGAIN.

One of the greatest lies ever made about Jesus was about His death and resurrection.While Jesus was on earth with his disciples,he predicted about his sufferings, death and resurrection at least a dozen times. Just before going to Jerusalem for the last time, where he was crucified Jesus spoke to his disciples about everything that would happen to him there.[About his death on the cross and being raised on the third day]A few days before this Moses and Elijah appeared to him and spoke about his death which was about to take place in Jerusalem.[Luke;9:30] ,Jesus had time and power to escape from the enemies' plot if he wanted to do so because being a powerful prophet he knew all about it.

Why Did Jesus Have To Die On The Cross ?

One of the main reasons Jesus came to the earth was to die on the cross and thus make atonement for the sins of all mankind. About seven hundred years before the birth of Jesus, Prophet Isaiah prophesied so many concerning Jesus including his sufferings and death on the cross.In one place he wrote. ”But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed."Isaiah;53:5 Jesus came as the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.[John;1:29.]This is why Jesus gave himself up for crucifixion-To be sacrificed as the Lamb of God.Jesus spoke about this," No one takes it [ My life] from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again"John;10:18 Just as he said he would Jesus gave up his life and took it back.

Jesus Died And Rose Again According To The Scriptures.

Jesus did not die secretly in an unknown place.Jesus died publicly, in the broad day light.A whole city and a great crowd watched him dying on the cross.His mother and his disciples were among them and he spoke to them.A series of events like great darkness and earthquake took place at the time of his death.Witnessing all that the Roman soldiers and their captain feared greatly and said,"Truly this was the Son of God." Mathew; 27:54. On the third day after God raised him from the dead.Jesus showed the nail marks on his hands to his disciples and proved that he died and rose again.Since Lord Jesus himself spoke about his death before it happens and proved that he lives again and his disciples witnessed all this and they testified to that -who do you believe? Jesus and his disciples or someone else? Whoever makes a lie saying Jesus did not die on the cross or he did not rise from the dead- aren't they trying to hide the truth from you that the Son of God came down to the earth and died on the cross for you?As many people think God did not forsake Jesus only to die on the cross .Nor did he leave him the grave to see corruption. God raised His Son Jesus from the dead and seated him at the right hand of His throne in heaven. Jesus Christ came out of the tomb [The only tomb in history which was sealed by the Roman government and guarded by soldiers]on the third day and said, ”I have the keys of Death and Hades.” The Cross is not a tragedy but triumph. It is through the cross of Jesus Christ God dealt with the major enemies of mankind such as sin,self,death,Satan and all that.The Holy Bible says ;”God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son,that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life."John;3:16.Jesus did not die for a particular nation or people but he died for the whole world.The cross of Jesus Christ is the place where sins are forgiven and this is the only place one can make peace with God.If you believe this he will reveal to you the meaning of the cross and his wounds to you
Old Mar 2, '09, 7:15 am

Religion: Catholic

Quote:
Christians Are Polytheists Too

The Christians believe in the trinity of the Godhead. The Father (God), The Son (Jesus) and the Holy Ghost (Jibrīl). They believe that each of them have a special quality and that together they constitute the Godhead. The Qur’an flays their assertion thus:

“Certainly they disbelieve who say, ‘Surely Allah is the third (person) of Three’; and there is no god but One God.”

(Surah al-Mā’ida 5:73)

The Holy Qur’an clearly states that Allah (S.w.T.) is not one-third of a god. He is the One and only One God.

The belief in Trinity is not exclusive to the Christians. Hindus and Buddhists also ascribe to it.
Wow. Comparing the Holy Trinity to the trinities of Buddhism and Hinduism? That just goes to show Islam has no idea what it's talking about. But it can be easily explained:

Christians believe in God, and three Persons in God.
Buddhists believe in Buddha, and three Bodies of Buddha
Hindus believe in three gods: Brahma, Visnu, and Shiva.

The belief that the three Persons in God are three personalities, modes, or bodies of God is actually a heresy. So the Holy Trinity is not like the Buddhist trinity.

The belief that the three Persons in God are three different gods is also a heresy. So the Holy Trinity is neither like the Hindu trinity.
Old Mar 2, '09, 8:06 am
Banned

Religion: Roman Catholic

For a great resource on Islam, please visit Answering-Islam
Old Mar 2, '09, 8:19 am
Banned

Salaam/peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
For a great resource on Islam, please visit Answering-Islam
To know about Christianity , should we visit Answering Christianity site ?
Old Mar 2, '09, 8:22 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

Quote:

Salaam/peace

To know about Christianity , should we visit Answering Christianity site ?
It depends. Are Christians willing to answer honestly and in a straight forward way? Can you get a copy of the Catechism of the Catholic Church and read it for yourself? DO Christians tell you one thing, then another, then tell you that you cannot understand it because you are not reading it in the correct language or that you are not from the correct race?

The answers are yes, yes, no. There is no need to read the garbage on Answering Christianity. I doubt those people KNOW any Christians, anyway

Ralph
Old Mar 2, '09, 10:41 am
Banned

It's ironic that Muslims could think even for a moment that Answering-Christianty can even compare to Answering-Islam. I write for Answering Islam, and have refuted Osama Abdallah more than once. Honest thinkers can use both sites, and decide for themselves. For my own refutations of the infamous Abdallah, follow this link:

http://www.answering-islam.org/authors/toler.html

Also, Muslims are very fond of using the 'articles' at answering-christianity, and in fact those tirades are often the central support for Islamic polemics in many debates. Its sad really.

My refutations of Islam can also be found on YouTube
Old Mar 2, '09, 12:41 pm

[quote]
Quote:

Salaam/peace

first, this hadith has nothing to do with Muhammad changing the monotheistic creed by inserting his name alongside God's, making his name equal to God's.
Second, quoting one hadith will not negate another hadith. If in this hadith he said not to over praise him, in another hadith he said he must be loved more than the whole world. In the second hadith, the humble man forgot that he is not God.

Besides, this hadith you quote proves one again his ignorance. We do not "over praise" Jesus, we paise who HE said He is.
In other words, it is not our love for Jesus that changed who He is, rather it is His words and deeds which proved who He is.

Quote:
no need to be confused as we have explained it a thousand time. We believe Jesus IS God; When we tell you we worship someone other than God, it is shirk. Jesus is not someone other than God, Jesus IS God in flesh.
Old Mar 2, '09, 2:54 pm
Banned

Religion: Catholic

Quote:

I understand you are confused, Muslim Woman, mohammed brought nothing but (though not only) confusion for those who followed him. That is because mohammed did not receive any revelation from YHWH.

But to help you out of your confusion, the Truth is very clear.

Jesus is YHWH - there is no "shirk" when YHWH proclaims Himself YHWH.

You will need to first prove to us that mohammed actually received revelations from YHWH. From the evidence of the authentic texts of Islam, it was Khadija and her uncle, Waraqa, who told mohammed he was visited by the angel that came to Moses. Seems that not only you are confused, mohammed was very confused himself.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions