Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Mar 17, '09, 11:44 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Send a message via AIM to Holly3278 Send a message via MSN to Holly3278 Send a message via Yahoo to Holly3278
Talking Fr. Chris Crotty - Healing Priest - Is Coming To My Area, An Answer To Prayers, And A Vision I Had

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share with you what happened to me last night. I went to the local perpetual adoration chapel to adore Jesus in the most Holy Eucharist. Well, as I was adoring, I noticed a spot in the lower right corner of the Eucharist that looked a lot like Jesus' face bowed down as though he were hanging on the cross. It was small but it looked just like the facial image on the shroud of Turin.

Next, I started to leave. The man who was scheduled to adore started to talk to me. He told me about a healing priest named Fr. Chris Crotty who was coming to my area. For those of you who don't know, a healing priest is a priest with the charism of healing. Well, the guy wrote down the times and dates of the times he would be there, gave me some gas money (without me even asking), offered to give me more gas money if I needed it, and wrote down directions to get to the parish where the healing priest would be having the services at. I did not tell this guy about the vision I saw in the Eucharist because I was kind of afraid to tell anyone for fear that they would think I was nuts.

Then, I got home and went to bed and opened up my Bible. It opened up right to the beginning of the passion narrative in Matthew. So, I read the entire passion narrative up until the section on the resurrection, said my prayers, and went to bed.

Today, I went and prayed before Jesus in the tabernacle at my local parish. The perpetual adoration chapel is farther away and is in a different town. While there, I was nearly brought to tears because of how much God loves me.

Now, I know that I may be ridiculed for posting about this vision and stuff but I don't really care. I know what I saw. And whether it was psychological or supernatural, I don't know. But it had an impact on me and God used it for good. So, if I may ask one thing, please be kind to me in this thread. If you have any concerns, please address them to me via PM. I would appreciate that.

Pax Tecum,
Holly

"If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." -- Saint Augustine of Hippo

"The holy Rosary is a powerful weapon. Use it with confidence and you'll be amazed at the results."
--St. Josemaria Escriva

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
--Saint Dominic

"Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world."
--Blessed Pope Pius IX

Our Lady's 15 Promises to Those Who Pray the Rosary

Come, pray the Rosary

My Live Journal

Holly's Catholic Blog
Old Mar 17, '09, 11:51 am

Default Re: Fr. Chris Crotty - Healing Priest - Is Coming To My Area, An Answer To Prayers, And A Vision I Had

Trust in Jesus And next time, do not speak in the chapel. It is suppose to be a place of silent prayer. You can talk outside, though. But don't worry, you're still learning.
Old Mar 17, '09, 11:53 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Holly3278 Send a message via MSN to Holly3278 Send a message via Yahoo to Holly3278
Default Re: Fr. Chris Crotty - Healing Priest - Is Coming To My Area, An Answer To Prayers, And A Vision I Had

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eucharisted View Post
Trust in Jesus And next time, do not speak in the chapel. It is suppose to be a place of silent prayer. You can talk outside, though. But don't worry, you're still learning.
Yeah I didn't want to speak in the chapel but the guy started speaking to me. Him and I were the only ones there so we weren't disturbing anyone and our chatting was based solely on the topics I mentioned in this thread. I wouldn't dare speak of non-Catholic matters in front of my Lord.

"If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." -- Saint Augustine of Hippo

"The holy Rosary is a powerful weapon. Use it with confidence and you'll be amazed at the results."
--St. Josemaria Escriva

--Saint Dominic

--Blessed Pope Pius IX

Come, pray the Rosary

My Live Journal

Holly's Catholic Blog
Old Mar 17, '09, 11:58 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly3278 View Post
Yeah I didn't want to speak in the chapel but the guy started speaking to me. Him and I were the only ones there so we weren't disturbing anyone and our chatting was based solely on the topics I mentioned in this thread. I wouldn't dare speak of non-Catholic matters in front of my Lord.
Like I said, you're still learning Next time take the conversation outside, and you'll be a good example to the talker and be able to hear what he has to say to you without breaking the silence.

Pray to Jesus: "O my Jesus, if You will it, You can cure me. If you permit me to go to this priest to be cured, or if You do not permit me to be cured just yet, I offer it up to You in thanksgiving and in supplication for the conversion of sinners."
Old Mar 17, '09, 11:59 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eucharisted View Post
Like I said, you're still learning Next time take the conversation outside, and you'll be a good example to the talker and be able to hear what he has to say to you without breaking the silence.

Pray to Jesus: "O my Jesus, if You will it, You can cure me. If you permit me to go to this priest to be cured, or if You do not permit me to be cured just yet, I offer it up to You in thanksgiving and in supplication for the conversion of sinners."
Ok, will do Eucharisted. Thanks again!

--St. Josemaria Escriva

--Saint Dominic

--Blessed Pope Pius IX

Come, pray the Rosary

My Live Journal

Holly's Catholic Blog
Old Mar 17, '09, 12:02 pm
Book Club Member

Thats pretty cool Holly. Remember this when things are dry. The first time I went to adoration, I spent the hour looking at the monstarnce and wondering why they had frosted or laser etched Jesus face on the glass. I thought it was kind of cheesy, but I would read scripture and occasionaly look up at the Lords face. It wasn't until a month or so later when I went to adoration again that I realized the glass was clear. I had been asking the Lord to help my disbelief in the Eucharist and this is how He answered me. God Bless, Tim
Old Mar 17, '09, 12:16 pm
Book Club Member

Thanks for sharing, Holly.

It's funny you posted this today because my mom showed up yesterday with a card with the image of the Shroud of Turin on it and (although I've seen it many times before) I was just blown away as I looked closely at the image and was overcome with sadness at what they (WE ALL) had done to Him.

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.
Old Mar 17, '09, 12:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP View Post
The first time I went to adoration, I spent the hour looking at the monstarnce and wondering why they had frosted or laser etched Jesus face on the glass. I thought it was kind of cheesy, but I would read scripture and occasionaly look up at the Lords face. It wasn't until a month or so later when I went to adoration again that I realized the glass was clear.
That's pretty neat. I also liked the matter-of-fact way you told the story -- gave me a chuckle, kind of like when I heard the story of Padre Pio's childhood visions. He said he never told anyone about them because he thought everyone saw and talked to Jesus, Mary and the angels. He thought it was no big deal.

God bless,
Dan
Old Mar 17, '09, 12:40 pm

Thumbs up Re: Fr. Chris Crotty - Healing Priest - Is Coming To My Area, An Answer To Prayers, And A Vision I Had

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly3278 View Post
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share with you what happened to me last night. I went to the local perpetual adoration chapel to adore Jesus in the most Holy Eucharist. Well, as I was adoring, I noticed a spot in the lower right corner of the Eucharist that looked a lot like Jesus' face bowed down as though he were hanging on the cross. It was small but it looked just like the facial image on the shroud of Turin.

Next, I started to leave. The man who was scheduled to adore started to talk to me. He told me about a healing priest named Fr. Chris Crotty who was coming to my area. For those of you who don't know, a healing priest is a priest with the charism of healing. Well, the guy wrote down the times and dates of the times he would be there, gave me some gas money (without me even asking), offered to give me more gas money if I needed it, and wrote down directions to get to the parish where the healing priest would be having the services at. I did not tell this guy about the vision I saw in the Eucharist because I was kind of afraid to tell anyone for fear that they would think I was nuts.

Then, I got home and went to bed and opened up my Bible. It opened up right to the beginning of the passion narrative in Matthew. So, I read the entire passion narrative up until the section on the resurrection, said my prayers, and went to bed.

Today, I went and prayed before Jesus in the tabernacle at my local parish. The perpetual adoration chapel is farther away and is in a different town. While there, I was nearly brought to tears because of how much God loves me.

Now, I know that I may be ridiculed for posting about this vision and stuff but I don't really care. I know what I saw. And whether it was psychological or supernatural, I don't know. But it had an impact on me and God used it for good. So, if I may ask one thing, please be kind to me in this thread. If you have any concerns, please address them to me via PM. I would appreciate that.

Pax Tecum,
Holly
Glory to Jesus Christ

I'm glad for you Holly, God bless you and heal you. God is always with us and He heals us if we ask in faith according to His will. In the past 1 year, I have learned that Jesus Christ is a true healer for our soul. Every person needs healing somehow and God is faithful, so just ask Him in faith, God is good.

Does anybody know of a healing priest in Michigan?

Thank you
Old Mar 17, '09, 1:38 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP View Post
Thats pretty cool Holly. Remember this when things are dry. The first time I went to adoration, I spent the hour looking at the monstarnce and wondering why they had frosted or laser etched Jesus face on the glass. I thought it was kind of cheesy, but I would read scripture and occasionaly look up at the Lords face. It wasn't until a month or so later when I went to adoration again that I realized the glass was clear. I had been asking the Lord to help my disbelief in the Eucharist and this is how He answered me. God Bless, Tim
Yeah, I will definitely remember this when things are dry.

As for your story, that's so cool! I love hearing about other people's miraculous experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masondoggy View Post
Thanks for sharing, Holly.

It's funny you posted this today because my mom showed up yesterday with a card with the image of the Shroud of Turin on it and (although I've seen it many times before) I was just blown away as I looked closely at the image and was overcome with sadness at what they (WE ALL) had done to Him.
That's awesome masondoggy! And you're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danonwaveland View Post
That's pretty neat. I also liked the matter-of-fact way you told the story -- gave me a chuckle, kind of like when I heard the story of Padre Pio's childhood visions. He said he never told anyone about them because he thought everyone saw and talked to Jesus, Mary and the angels. He thought it was no big deal.

God bless,
Dan
You know, when I first saw this vision in the Eucharist, I thought I was just seeing things and I kind of blinked a little extra to clear my eyes. But as I looked at it longer, I realized what I was seeing and I believed. I already had a strong belief in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist but this just further strengthened my belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaithSeeker View Post
Glory to Jesus Christ

I'm glad for you Holly, God bless you and heal you. God is always with us and He heals us if we ask in faith according to His will. In the past 1 year, I have learned that Jesus Christ is a true healer for our soul. Every person needs healing somehow and God is faithful, so just ask Him in faith, God is good.

Does anybody know of a healing priest in Michigan?

Thank you
Thank you TrueFaithSeeker. I appreciate your prayers.

--St. Josemaria Escriva

--Saint Dominic

--Blessed Pope Pius IX

Come, pray the Rosary

My Live Journal

Holly's Catholic Blog
Old Mar 17, '09, 8:18 pm
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

Religion: Dog-paddling the Tiber

Holly and TOP,

WOW! Thank you for sharing these amazing experiences!

THE DIVINE PRAISES

Blessed be God.

Blessed be His Holy Name.

Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true man.

Blessed be the Name of Jesus.

Blessed be His Most Sacred Heart.

Blessed be His Most Precious Blood.

Blessed be Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.

Blessed be the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete.

Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary most holy.

Blessed be her holy and Immaculate Conception.

Blessed be her glorious Assumption.

Blessed be the name of Mary, Virgin and Mother.

Blessed be St. Joseph, her most chaste spouse.

Blessed be God in His angels and in His Saints.

May the heart of Jesus, in the Most Blessed Sacrament,
be praised, adored, and loved with grateful affection,
at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world,
even to the end of time.

Amen.

No Catholic Radio in your area? Listen online free: http://ihradio.org/wp-content/themes...io/listen.html

Ready for college? Check THIS out http://youtube.com/watch?v=2ganIqre0QE
Old Mar 17, '09, 9:16 pm
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

That is awesome!! Fr. Crotty came to our parish 2 years ago. He is one of the Fathers of Mercy, and he does a wonderful parish mission!!! He spoke to us about spiritual warfare and the dangers of secularism. He even blessed tubs and tubs of holy water for us and we brought salt for him to bless, too. He has a special crucifix that he uses that is handmade and has relics. I was very skeptical of the whole "healing" thing at first, thinking it was too charismatic, but when I went to the services and went up I did feel a great power and calming sense come over me when he touched me. He seems to be a very holy and devout priest. I am hoping that he comes back to our parish soon. You will be truly blessed to get to see him!
Old Mar 17, '09, 9:55 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelRose81 View Post
That is awesome!! Fr. Crotty came to our parish 2 years ago. He is one of the Fathers of Mercy, and he does a wonderful parish mission!!! He spoke to us about spiritual warfare and the dangers of secularism. He even blessed tubs and tubs of holy water for us and we brought salt for him to bless, too. He has a special crucifix that he uses that is handmade and has relics. I was very skeptical of the whole "healing" thing at first, thinking it was too charismatic, but when I went to the services and went up I did feel a great power and calming sense come over me when he touched me. He seems to be a very holy and devout priest. I am hoping that he comes back to our parish soon. You will be truly blessed to get to see him!
Wow that is so cool! I can't wait!

--St. Josemaria Escriva

--Saint Dominic

--Blessed Pope Pius IX

Come, pray the Rosary

My Live Journal

Holly's Catholic Blog
Old Mar 17, '09, 10:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwenna View Post
THE DIVINE PRAISES

Blessed be God.

Blessed be His Holy Name.

Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true man.

Blessed be the Name of Jesus.

Blessed be His Most Sacred Heart.

Blessed be His Most Precious Blood.

Blessed be Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.

Blessed be the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete.

Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary most holy.

Blessed be her holy and Immaculate Conception.

Blessed be her glorious Assumption.

Blessed be the name of Mary, Virgin and Mother.

Blessed be St. Joseph, her most chaste spouse.

Blessed be God in His angels and in His Saints.

May the heart of Jesus, in the Most Blessed Sacrament,
be praised, adored, and loved with grateful affection,
at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world,
even to the end of time.

Amen.
Amazing! The words we used to rattle off mindlessly as children have become so beautiful and meaningful with a deepened relationship with our Lord! Thanks for posting.

God bless,
Dan
Old Mar 18, '09, 12:54 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by danonwaveland View Post
Amazing! The words we used to rattle off mindlessly as children have become so beautiful and meaningful with a deepened relationship with our Lord! Thanks for posting.

God bless,
Dan
I agree Dan! I was not a Catholic as a child so I don't remember the words very well (think I've only heard them one other time) but the words are so beautiful and meaningful with my deepened relationship with Christ. Of course, my relationship with Christ still isn't nearly as deep as it needs to be or should be.

--St. Josemaria Escriva

--Saint Dominic

--Blessed Pope Pius IX

Come, pray the Rosary

My Live Journal

Holly's Catholic Blog

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality