Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Mar 24, '09, 7:59 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Pittsburgh Latin Mass website

Hello,

I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. We have a Latin Mass Community that is one of the largest in the United States. There are two morning Masses every Sunday morning. 8:00 a.m. Low Mass and 11:00 a.m. High Mass. There is also a low Mass every Saturday Morning and also on Holy Days. Fr Ken Myers is the Chaplin and his sermons are very powerful and moving. There are also 14 Altar boys serving at the Mass in traditional black /Red cassock and White Surplus. The Choir is Angelic. I have attached the website for the Pittsburgh Latin Mass Community

http://www.4marks.com/group.html?group_id=11

Please click on it. If you can't copy the link and paste it in your address bar and hit Enter.
On the right side Click on Fr. Kenneth In the Administrator section and read his bio. Also Click on the Audio and Click on his sermon about the election and the Moral obligations of Catholics. If you live in the Greater Pittsburgh area, or visiting in the future, please come an attend the Mass. After you attened, YOU WILL WANT TO COME BACK!
Old Mar 24, '09, 8:19 pm

Default Re: Pittsburgh Latin Mass website

Very nice. Thank you for posting.
Old Mar 24, '09, 8:58 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

"The Pittsburgh Latin Mass has been offered continually at St. Boniface Catholic Church since 1994 and is one of the oldest and largest Latin Mass communities in the United States."

They've been saying the Latin Mass since 1994? You're very fortunate. Beautiful Church. Thank you for posting the information - when I'm in Pittsburg I'll make sure to visit.
Old Mar 24, '09, 10:18 pm

Religion: Credo in unam sanctam cathólicam et apostólicam Ecclésiam

This is the parish that produced Fr. Matthew Talarico, ICRSS isn't it? You should all be applauded on a job well done.
Old Mar 25, '09, 5:47 am

It's too bad that the former web site for the Pittsburgh TLM community was taken off-line. It was remarkable.

It's still available for viewing at archive.org, for example:

http://web.archive.org/web/200706041...latinmass.org/
Old Mar 25, '09, 6:19 am

Discovered this "Visit to Heaven every Sunday" at St Boniface's a couple of years ago and was hooked,can't go a week without the Traditional Latin Mass at St Boniface!
God Bless The Pittsburgh Latin Mass Community.
Old Mar 25, '09, 6:22 am
Forum Elder
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin71 View Post
Hello,

I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. We have a Latin Mass Community that is one of the largest in the United States. There are two morning Masses every Sunday morning. 8:00 a.m. Low Mass and 11:00 a.m. High Mass. There is also a low Mass every Saturday Morning and also on Holy Days. Fr Ken Myers is the Chaplin and his sermons are very powerful and moving. There are also 14 Altar boys serving at the Mass in traditional black /Red cassock and White Surplus. The Choir is Angelic. I have attached the website for the Pittsburgh Latin Mass Community

http://www.4marks.com/group.html?group_id=11

Please click on it. If you can't copy the link and paste it in your address bar and hit Enter.
On the right side Click on Fr. Kenneth In the Administrator section and read his bio. Also Click on the Audio and Click on his sermon about the election and the Moral obligations of Catholics. If you live in the Greater Pittsburgh area, or visiting in the future, please come an attend the Mass. After you attened, YOU WILL WANT TO COME BACK!

Thanks for this! I lived in Pittsburgh for a long time, with hubby and kids...and we miss it sometimes. We were members of SS Simon & Jude, in Greentree...do you know it? I don't believe they ever offered a latin mass...this will be a treat for me. Thanks, again.

It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching. ~St. Francis of Assisi
Old Mar 25, '09, 6:36 am

If you want to know the trials they had to go through just read this,it will break your heart.

Snippet:
A small group of traditionalists coalesced in the North Hills of Pittsburgh. Their resolve to have the old Mass found its locus on the sunporch of a large home in the North Hills. There, using matériel rescued from dumpsters , on a salvaged altar, with a priest from another state, a small group of families assisted in the earliest "underground Masses."

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzewdcj1/PDA/history.htm

Old Mar 25, '09, 6:45 am
Forum Elder
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Oh my gosh...I'm going to read that when I have time.

It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching. ~St. Francis of Assisi
Old Mar 25, '09, 7:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy15026 View Post
If you want to know the trials they had to go through just read this,it will break your heart.

Snippet:
A small group of traditionalists coalesced in the North Hills of Pittsburgh. Their resolve to have the old Mass found its locus on the sunporch of a large home in the North Hills. There, using matériel rescued from dumpsters , on a salvaged altar, with a priest from another state, a small group of families assisted in the earliest "underground Masses.".
This is sad. I had no idea.
Old Mar 25, '09, 8:03 am

Send a message via AIM to James0235

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
It's too bad that the former web site for the Pittsburgh TLM community was taken off-line. It was remarkable.

It's still available for viewing at archive.org, for example:

http://web.archive.org/web/200706041...latinmass.org/
I remember that site. Any idea why it was taken down?

James

Old Mar 25, '09, 12:37 pm

I live around Pittsburgh!!! And I'm attending a Latin Mass tonight (not at the same place though)
Old Mar 25, '09, 1:45 pm

My husband and I just attended our first TLM this past weekend at the High Mass for the first time at St. Boniface and loved it! We are going tonight for their Annunciation service and will most likely be attending every Sunday from here on out along with Saturday evenings at our home parish.

I would second the recommendation that if you are a Catholic and live here it's a MUST-DO!

Edited to add: And once I learn enough about it all to feel comfortable in explaining and defending it, I will be telling every person I know to come and try it!
Old Mar 25, '09, 1:50 pm

Also, to speak highy of Fr. Myers. Fr. Myers lives in Butler County and travels to Pittsburgh to Celebrate The E.F. He mentions that he will travel to visit, bless the homes to make a sick call. I have VERY HIGHLY RESPECT for him. I wish that he would be The Bishop of Pittsburgh. I call his Homilies "your "Catacisim" lesson for the week. I wish his knowledge could be in every Priest in our Dioecsis.
Old Mar 25, '09, 1:53 pm

Hello sarahraegraham! Do you mind if I ask about your first Tridentine Mass experience? How was it? Did you have a hard time following along? Hope you dont mind me asking, as I am attending my first Tridentine Mass this evening! God Bless you and youre husband
Jacob

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism