Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Ask an Apologist

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Apr 7, '09, 8:50 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: Still shopping
Default Did Jesus ever commit a sin?

I was sitting around thinking about 15 years or so ago about did Jesus ever commit a sin? Here's what I came up with. First I need to lay out some assumptions or beliefs. In most religions they say you can not go to heaven without going through Jesus to get to God or heaven. Now I will try to make this part a simple as I can. If Jesus was sent to earth to be a bridge between God and man, he had to live life as a human like you and me. Well guess what? Last time I checked being a human means you were born into sin or your going to sin and you have to get forgivness for that sin in order to be in heaven. What I am getting at is this, Sin is big part of the human experience and in many ways teaches us what is right and wrong. Now if Jesus never sinned did he really know what it was like to be human? If he is to be the bridge between God and man he would have needed to sin and experience the forgiveness for that sin in order to be human. If Jesus did walk this earth as a human and never sinned how does he really know what it's like to be you or me. He was perfect, without sin. I believe this is a contradiction and I am submitting this question because I have ask this question to many people and I think they either get upset or tell me I need help. I even asked this question in sunday school once and was later asked to stop bringing questions like this to the meeting because it was not the place. Well, I don't go to church there anymore. I really hope some of you will consider my question and really think it through before you respond with a bunch of religious rhetoric. If you agree fine, if you don't fine. I am just thinking about this question 15 years later and no one wants to touch it, it seems that this question scares the people I have asked.
Old Apr 9, '09, 12:33 pm
AAA Docent (Ret.)

Default Re: Did Jesus ever commit a sin?

chetrx,

The following link links should assist you in better understanding the Catholic Church's teaching . If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Ask an Apologist