Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > History of the Catholic Church

History of the Catholic Church Click here to visit this social group

Old Apr 30, '09, 8:18 am
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Send a message via AIM to nancy dalrymple
Default Does the church consider Protestants, Catholics

I was on a thread and a statement was made that the church considers the Protestants Catholic, Yes that was said. Now i came back to the church 5 weeks ago because i thought it was the true church of Christ and the others were wrong. But i see that i could have stayed a protestant and still would have been considered a Cathoilc. So why all the soul winning if you can stay outside of the church and still be one body of Christ? What did i come back for? My husband is waiting to get Baptized into the church because he was not Cathoilc, so maybe we should just go anywhere and get baptized he will not be able to recieve but he can go to another church and do that and maybe i will to. I'm sick to my heart this is No longer America and No longer Catholic churches, every one is screwed up. Nancy
Old Apr 30, '09, 2:33 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: Does the church consider Protestants, Catholics

Once your baptized Catholic, the only thing that will not make you Catholic anylonger is a letter written by yourself to your Bishop saying you no longer want to be considered catholic and state your reasons. The other way is to be excommunicated. Other than that, even if you leave the church to become another religion, you will always be catholic because you can't undo your baptism. If you were never baptized catholic than you were never a catholic.

[b][i]That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Old Apr 30, '09, 6:54 pm

The statement about Protestants as being Catholics is not a statement by the Church and must have been a personal opinion. A true Catholic abides by the teachings of the Church. A person who protests against the Church which St Paul defines as 'the pillar and foundation of truth' deprives himself of the fullness of the faith and of the graces God bestows upon him. For how can the love of God and the Spirit of Truth enter a heart that is hardened. May the peace of the Lord be with you.
Old Apr 30, '09, 7:29 pm
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvb View Post
The statement about Protestants as being Catholics is not a statement by the Church and must have been a personal opinion. A true Catholic abides by the teachings of the Church. A person who protests against the Church which St Paul defines as 'the pillar and foundation of truth' deprives himself of the fullness of the faith and of the graces God bestows upon him. For how can the love of God and the Spirit of Truth enter a heart that is hardened. May the peace of the Lord be with you.
Thank You pvb,5146633} I asked the priest today and he said the same as you. They dont believe in the Eucharist having the real body and blood of Christ and we do. I have a friend that was from the Phillpines her name was Josie and Boy could she cook! want to e-mail? [email protected] God Bless Nancy
Old May 3, '09, 2:35 pm
Banned

Smile Re: Does the church consider Protestants, Catholics

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy dalrymple View Post
I was on a thread and a statement was made that the church considers the Protestants Catholic, Yes that was said. Now i came back to the church 5 weeks ago because i thought it was the true church of Christ and the others were wrong. But i see that i could have stayed a protestant and still would have been considered a Cathoilc. So why all the soul winning if you can stay outside of the church and still be one body of Christ? What did i come back for? My husband is waiting to get Baptized into the church because he was not Cathoilc, so maybe we should just go anywhere and get baptized he will not be able to recieve but he can go to another church and do that and maybe i will to. I'm sick to my heart this is No longer America and No longer Catholic churches, every one is screwed up. Nancy
The American Catholic Church has strayed from the Roman Cathollic Church of the world. You must be a baptised christian to be united to the the true catholic church; you must be in the state of grace, no mortal sins in order to receive the real Body and Blood of Jesus at the Holy Mass service of the catholic church; if for some reason you are in a mortal sin,, you must confess your sin and resolve not to do it again before you receive Holy Communion. The seven sacraments give us the graces we need to lead a happy prosperous life with Jesus.
The American Catholic Church excommunicates people for voting democratic. Thats more important than providing a safe and clean place for their choice. They also excommunicate those who vote for the president because he authorized the payment for research of stem-cells medical use.
Abortion is a mortal sin only for those godless ladies with no faith who choses abortion not the people who try to aid them. When the catholic church and the government or anyone will promise to financially support the kids to be aborted until they are 18 years if necessary, then abortions may go away.
My family go to our Catholic Church to recieve the Lord in Holy Communion, all of the political stuff, we just shut off and try to ignore. They will pass away, but our Lord in Holy Communion will never pass away.
The American Church has the priest sex sandal, and the married priests who left the church, and now this excommunicate fiasco.
They have a lot of healing to do, lets pray for our church, its hurting right now.
Old May 3, '09, 2:52 pm
Banned

Quote:
Thank You pvb,5146633} I asked the priest today and he said the same as you. They dont believe in the Eucharist having the real body and blood of Christ and we do. I have a friend that was from the Phillpines her name was Josie and Boy could she cook! want to e-mail? [email protected] God Bless Nancy
Vatican ! established the infallibility of the Pontiff. The theologians of the church studied the history of the popes teachings and all decided that when the Pontiff speaks of faith and morals that he has and is still speaking the words of Jesus to us. Most protestants have their own''pope'', don't follow the true teachings of the Catholic Church. They refused the seven Sacraments. The only one that will save them is the sacrament of baptism, if they do ti right, The Father, The Son. and The Holy Spirit,,, some only invoke Jesus, thats not it. Most [rotestants do not have a good confession, where they tell their sins and promise never to commit those sins again and have some one pray with them to help them over come their sins., its still not a sacrament of forgiveness like the catholics have, but it would help.
They don't have an ordained ministry, no apostalic sucession, no sacramental blessing of matramony nor the sick.
The protestants threw out everything even the Angelicans too!!
Old May 3, '09, 3:07 pm
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Hello Thecross, i was brought up Roman Catholic but strayed away from the church because back then the rules were a little differnt and i didn't realy understand. I had a bad week when i posted this and was confused, but quite a lot of wonderful peole on the forum tried to help me, it was hard but i finally came around to my senses and now i understand. You are right but the person that made that statement was Catholic, i was surprised, confused, hurt, and did cry for 2 days. Thank You for your answer Love of Christ Nancy
Old May 3, '09, 7:18 pm
Banned

Even after you walk in the church with Jesus, some of your best friends in the church might say something that is not true, what is the best thing to do, most of the time, its just best to smile and say I think otherwise, and give your answer if you have one. One time I said to a friend that there were as many catholics in the church as catholics out of the church, I thought it was funny, its not funny anymore.
Keep the faith, we will be judged by how we love Jesus and our neighbor as ourselves.
May Jesus, Mary and Joesph, the holy family, be with you always
Old May 3, '09, 7:28 pm
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecross View Post
even after you walk in the church with jesus, some of your best friends in the church might say something that is not true, what is the best thing to do, most of the time, its just best to smile and say i think otherwise, and give your answer if you have one. One time i said to a friend that there were as many catholics in the church as catholics out of the church, i thought it was funny, its not funny anymore.
Keep the faith, we will be judged by how we love jesus and our neighbor as ourselves.
May jesus, mary and joesph, the holy family, be with you always
:d please do you mind if i ask a differnt question? On my profile i put catholic but i am roman cathloic, what is the difference, is there one ? God bless nancy
Old May 4, '09, 9:11 pm
Banned

This article refers to Eastern Churches in full communion with the Holy See. For other eastern Churches, see Assyrian Church of the East, Chaldean Syrian Church, Eastern Orthodox Church, Mar Thoma Church, and Oriental Orthodoxy.
Part of the series on
Eastern Christianity

Eastern Christianity Portal

History
Byzantine Empire
Crusades
Ecumenical council
Christianization of Bulgaria
Christianization of Kievan Rus'
East-West Schism
By region
Asian - Copts
Eastern Orthodox - Georgian - Ukrainian

Traditions
Assyrian Church of the East
Eastern Orthodox Church
Eastern Catholic Churches
Oriental Orthodoxy
Syriac Christianity

Liturgy and Worship
Sign of the cross
Divine Liturgy
Iconography
Asceticism
Omophorion

Theology
Hesychasm - Icon
Apophaticism - Filioque clause
Miaphysitism - Monophysitism
Nestorianism - Theosis - Theoria
Phronema - Philokalia
Praxis - Theotokos
Hypostasis - Ousia
Essence-Energies distinction
Metousiosis
This box: view talk edit

The Eastern Catholic Churches are autonomous (in Latin, sui iuris) particular Churches in full communion with the Bishop of Rome the Pope. They preserve the liturgical, theological and devotional traditions of the various Eastern Christian Churches with which they are associated, and between which doctrinal differences exist, in particular between the Eastern Orthodox Church, Oriental Orthodoxy and the Assyrian Church of the East.[1] They thus vary with regard to forms of liturgical worship, sacramental[2] and canonical discipline, terminology, traditional prayers and practices of piety. But they recognize that their faith is not at variance with that of the other constituent Churches of the one Catholic Church, including the Latin or Western Church, all of which are of equal dignity.[3] In particular, they recognize the central role of the Bishop of Rome within the College of Bishops. They preserve the special emphases and illuminations that Eastern Christianity has developed over the centuries, some of which Pope John Paul II illustrated in his apostolic letter Orientale Lumen of 2 May 1995.[4]

Most Eastern Catholic Churches have counterparts in other Eastern Churches, whether Assyrian or Oriental Orthodox, from whom they are separated by a number of theological concerns, or the Eastern Orthodox Churches, from whom they are separated primarily by differences in understanding of the role of the Bishop of Rome within the College of Bishops.

The Eastern Catholic Churches were located historically in Eastern Europe, the Asian Middle East, Northern Africa and India, but are now, because of migration, found also in Western Europe, the Americas and Oceania to the extent of forming full-scale ecclesiastical structures such as eparchies, alongside the Latin dioceses. One country, Eritrea, has only an Eastern Catholic hierarchy, with no Latin structure.

The terms Byzantine Catholics and Greek Catholic are used of those who belong to Churches that use the Byzantine liturgical rite. The terms Oriental Catholic and Eastern Catholic include these, but are broader, since they also cover Catholics who follow the Alexandrian, Antiochian, Armenian and Chaldean liturgical traditions.
Old May 4, '09, 9:23 pm
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Hi! I'm still confused we are not one just as the protestants are not one. Someone told me that Christ proberly wont come back until another 5000 years. he is catholic is that true? What could possibly be being done in heaven all this time? I am very sad with all of it,I get so confussed at times some one said that Christ wont come back until we are all one How can that be with all the churches in the world? please get back to me. Thank YouLove of Christ Nancy
Old May 5, '09, 6:49 am
Banned

When we die, we will either go directly to heaven or to hell, some of us will go to purgatorty first to get a clean up job. Our lives will flash before our eyes so that we can get get rid of all of our earthly baggage, guilts, sins,desires, and only love and desire the Lord. Saint John promised us'' eyes have not seen, nor ears have not heard nor has it entered into the hearts of men what God has READY for those who love Him'' Jesus promised that we would get our bodies back in the resurrection, when that will be no one knows, I THINK that it will be ''in three days'', whenever that is; Jesus sure said ''three days'' a lot..
My figures on the last days are in the millions, our sun is schedules to explode in 10 milion years and become a red giant, this will of course distrory earth; we had better be ready to populate other planets by then, which I THINK is the plan of God. How can their there be any waiting when I can pray to my mom in heaven and get her to answer my prayers, my aunt who died when she was 10 came back to say good-bye to me! They are up there now and watching every move you make so be good.

The Eastern Catholic Churches of the world
They all enjoy apostolic succession, reconize the Pope as head of the Catholic Church, the true presence of Jesus on the altar, a devotion to Mary and the saints. The apostles creed.

Last edited by thecross; May 5, '09 at 7:08 am.
Old May 5, '09, 4:40 pm
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

thecross, I had a problem trying to get into the forum today with my name or something but i read what you said and i was hoping Jesus was coming back alot sooner LIKE IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS? You are right about the 3's in the bible Noah was 3 day's and 3 night's in the whales belly Jesus said in John 2:19 "You can tear down this temple but in 3 day's I will build it up! Then there was 3 wise men at the door of the Lords house. Jesus died on the Sabboth 3 day's Shadrack, Mechack, and Nabednego in the bible,but I think when Jesus died he went to free those who were still in the great devide, some where in 2 Peter? I dont think he took the thief on the cross with him I think he took him straight to heaven and then went about his Fathers works. Love of Christ Nancy
Old May 5, '09, 10:34 pm
Banned

Quote:
thecross, I had a problem trying to get into the forum today with my name or something but i read what you said and i was hoping Jesus was coming back alot sooner LIKE IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS? You are right about the 3's in the bible Noah was 3 day's and 3 night's in the whales belly Jesus said in John 2:19 "You can tear down this temple but in 3 day's I will build it up! Then there was 3 wise men at the door of the Lords house. Jesus died on the Sabboth 3 day's Shadrack, Mechack, and Nabednego in the bible,but I think when Jesus died he went to free those who were still in the great devide, some where in 2 Peter? I dont think he took the thief on the cross with him I think he took him straight to heaven and then went about his Fathers works. Love of Christ Nancy
Oh yes, we don't know the time that the Lord will come to establish his kingdom here on earth. I just WONDER if that will be our resurrection from the dead. Its not clear to me, maybe to others it is, and they are welcomed to share their meditations with me.
Old May 6, '09, 11:26 am
Banned
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

The way i learned it was: 1st Thesolonians 4 say's that the dead in Christ will rise first and we who are alive and remain shall be cought up together to meet them in the air, to live with the Lord forever!So when He comes Back the saint's that are dead will rise first and all those who are here on earth will be changed in a twinkleing of an eye( transfigured) just like Christ. Isn't that super? Love of Christ Nancy

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > History of the Catholic Church