Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > CAF Homeschoolers

CAF Homeschoolers Click here to visit this social group

Old Aug 5, '09, 10:51 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Make me laugh?

Hi all, I just joined this group and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a Catholic mother of four in Maryland and have homeschooled now for over 11 years. I've had my ups and downs in this wild adventure, but this is the first year I have not been…let's just say…particularly enthusiastic about the coming of the new school year. I thought I'd get out there a little, meet some new friends and have a bit of fun. Sooo, if you have a funny story to share, feel free to make me laugh. Please?

We can do no great things; only small things with great love. -- Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
http://www.Love2BCatholic.blogspot.com
Old Aug 6, '09, 9:15 am

Default Re: Make me laugh?

Okay, I'll start… Although I can't remember the context of the conversation, I mentioned to my daughter (4) that I had been proposed to twice before daddy. She looked at me seriously and said, "Did you get their names?"

We can do no great things; only small things with great love. -- Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
Old Aug 8, '09, 9:02 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic Convert 2008

I coming back to homeschooling after letting my oldest go to our Parish school for two years, and my middle son went for one year.

We were all in the grocery store the other day and they were really acting up. So, in order to get their attention and talk to them all at once I said "line up" and pointed in front of me...

know what they did......

They lined up behind me like I was a line leader.

Oh, they do learn some things in school at least!

Then recently we had VBS with all the homeschoolers, we went on a pilgrimage and asked the kids to line up...some of them we had to *show*.....

It was just funny....
Old Aug 8, '09, 11:03 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJgang View Post
I coming back to homeschooling after letting my oldest go to our Parish school for two years, and my middle son went for one year.

We were all in the grocery store the other day and they were really acting up. So, in order to get their attention and talk to them all at once I said "line up" and pointed in front of me...

know what they did......

They lined up behind me like I was a line leader.

Oh, they do learn some things in school at least!

Then recently we had VBS with all the homeschoolers, we went on a pilgrimage and asked the kids to line up...some of them we had to *show*.....

It was just funny....
Lol! I wonder what the world would be like if schools taught the Ten Commandments as diligently as school policy.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > CAF Homeschoolers