Ignatius Press has published On Conscience
by Ratzinger. It's a few of his talks on the subject put into book form. Good stuff.
If you have access to the high school textbook Our Moral Life in Christ
from the Didache Series, chapter 4 is all about the conscience and it's formation (as is Chapter 2 of the Semester Edition
of the same title). The Semester edition, though shorter overall, actually has an expanded section on "How to Develop a Well-Formed Conscience" (pp. 52-54):
- "Learn the moral teachings of the Catholic Church."
- "Approach matters of faith and morals with an attitude of humility."
- "Engage in sincere prayer and meditation."
- "Develop and maintain a well-formed conscience through frequent and honest self-examination."
- "Participate frequently in the Sacrament of Reconciliation."
- "If possible, seek spiritual direction."
These are their bullet points, and they have explanations for each one. It seems like a good talk outline to me.