Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Sep 17, '09, 7:41 pm
Forum Master

Religion: Catholic
Default Please Pray for those who cannot receive Holy Eucharist and Blood of Christ

Please Pray for those who cannot receive Holy Eucharist and Blood of Christ.

Since my Auntie has been really sick she can no longer receive the Blood of Christ since it contains alcohol. There is another man in our Church who can no longer receive the Blood of Christ for medical reasons.

St. Therese, you suffered much, you could no longer receive the Holy Eucharist and the Blood of Christ due to tuberculosis. Grant us that same grace. Amen.
Old Sep 17, '09, 9:47 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic and loving it!
Default Re: Please Pray for those who cannot receive Holy Eucharist and Blood of Christ

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death,
Amen.

“I think You’ve gone mad in Your love for us.”
St. Catherine of Siena, to God
Old Sep 17, '09, 10:16 pm

Default Re: Please Pray for those who cannot receive Holy Eucharist and Blood of Christ

Suggest that they recite this prayer during the Blessed Sacrament

O, my God, I firmly believe that Thou art really and corporally present in the Blessed Sacrament of the altar. I adore Thee here present from the very depths of my heart, and I worship Thy sacred presence with all possible humility. O my soul, what joy to have Jesus Christ always with us, and to be able to speak to Him, heart to heart, with all confidence. Grant, O Lord, that I, having adored Thy divine Majesty here on earth in this wonderful Sacrament, may be able to adore it eternally in heaven. Amen.

or

My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Blessed Sacrament.
I love You above all things and I desire You in my soul.
Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart.
As though You were already there, I embrace You and unite myself to You;
permit not that I should ever be separated from You. Amen

For you aunt

Omnipotent and eternal God, the everlasting Salvation of those who believe, hear us on behalf of Thy sick servant, goforgoal's aunt, for whom we beg the aid of Thy pitying mercy, that, with her bodily health restored, she may give thanks to Thee in Thy church. Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.
Old Sep 18, '09, 6:39 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Glory to God in the highest and peace to His people on earth Lord God, Heavenly King, Almighty God and Father We worship You, We give You thanks We praise You for Your glory Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father Lord God, Lamb of God You take away the sins of the world Lord, have mercy on us You are seated at the right hand of the Father Receive our prayer For You alone are the Holy One For You alone are the Lord For You alone are the Most High Jesus Christ With the Holy Spirit In the glory of God the Father
Amen

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers and be with them. Amen

Council 1489

Tiber Swim Team -- Easter Vigil '08

Obl.S.B. (Novice)
Old Sep 18, '09, 8:16 am
Forum Master
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
"For with God nothing will be impossible! " (Luke 1:37)
Old Sep 18, '09, 9:43 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Lord, if a person can not recieve you under one species I pray they can recieve you under the other. May no one be deprived of receiving you, Lord. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.
Old Sep 18, '09, 9:45 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforgoal View Post
Please Pray for those who cannot receive Holy Eucharist and Blood of Christ.

Since my Auntie has been really sick she can no longer receive the Blood of Christ since it contains alcohol. There is another man in our Church who can no longer receive the Blood of Christ for medical reasons.

St. Therese, you suffered much, you could no longer receive the Holy Eucharist and the Blood of Christ due to tuberculosis. Grant us that same grace. Amen.

Amen
Old Sep 18, '09, 10:39 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Praying hard.
Old Sep 18, '09, 11:49 pm
Forum Master

PRAYER OF SPIRITUAL COMMUNION

O Jesus! Thou hast given us in the Holy Eucharist Thy Body and Blood to be our spiritual nourishment, through which we may have life everlasting. Would that I were now prepared to approach the Holy Table to be united with Thee in the Blessed Sacrament! I desire, with all my heart, to receive this living Bread which came down from Heaven.

O Lord, I am not worthy that Thou shouldst enter under my roof; say but the word, and my soul shall be healed. [Three times.]

Let me taste, at least, the sweetness of a spiritual Communion. Come to me, Jesus, my Lord, my Master. Come and refresh my soul. Strengthen me, that in union with Thee I may do perfectly the Heavenly Father's will. Let me never be separated from Thee by sin.

Keep me in Thy love and Thy grace. I will not be lured away from Thee by the deceitful honors and pleasures of the world. I love Thee above all things and with my whole heart. "Thou art the God of my heart, and the God that is my portion forever."

Increase my faith, strengthen my hope, kindle my love, that I may die to self and live but for Thee. Amen.

Omnia ad majorem Dei gloriam!
Old Sep 19, '09, 8:57 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Origionally posted by goforgoal...

O Jesus! Thou hast given us in the Holy Eucharist Thy Body and Blood to be our spiritual nourishment, through which we may have life everlasting. Would that I were now prepared to approach the Holy Table to be united with Thee in the Blessed Sacrament! I desire, with all my heart, to receive this living Bread which came down from Heaven.

O Lord, I am not worthy that Thou shouldst enter under my roof; say but the word, and my soul shall be healed. [Three times.]

Let me taste, at least, the sweetness of a spiritual Communion. Come to me, Jesus, my Lord, my Master. Come and refresh my soul. Strengthen me, that in union with Thee I may do perfectly the Heavenly Father's will. Let me never be separated from Thee by sin.

Keep me in Thy love and Thy grace. I will not be lured away from Thee by the deceitful honors and pleasures of the world. I love Thee above all things and with my whole heart. "Thou art the God of my heart, and the God that is my portion forever."

Increase my faith, strengthen my hope, kindle my love, that I may die to self and live but for Thee. Amen.

Council 1489

Obl.S.B. (Novice)
Old Sep 19, '09, 8:09 pm
Forum Master

Old Sep 20, '09, 12:58 am

Religion: Catholics
Smile Re: Please Pray for those who cannot receive Holy Eucharist and Blood of Christ

Our Lord Jesus we pray for goforgoal's aunt who has fallen sick and due to her sickness she couldn't get your blood during the Eucharist sacrament.

We believe even she can't take Your blood; Your love and bless to her are not decreasing. Because we know that You are looking deep into her hearth, down there You know how much she missed You. You are the God our savior, You can enter people's live in many ways. You will pleased her in different way, thousand ways are widely open to You my Lord...

We also pray for others who also can't have Eucharist for any reason due to sickness, no Catholics priest, or even in a worst situation. But we believe God, even what ever reason someone who eagerly want to have the Eucharist but they couldn't have it, You still presence in their live.

In your name Jesus, we put our believe and hope. Amen!

Old Sep 21, '09, 1:46 pm
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Lord, I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but please hear my prayers…...
Glory to God in the highest and peace to His people on earth Lord God, Heavenly King, Almighty God and Father We worship You, We give You thanks We praise You for Your glory Lord Jesus Christ, only Son of the Father Lord God, Lamb of God You take away the sins of the world Lord, have mercy on us You are seated at the right hand of the Father Receive our prayer For You alone are the Holy One For You alone are the Lord For You alone are the Most High Jesus Christ With the Holy Spirit In the glory of God the Father.
Amen

For your intentions

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

Council 1489

Obl.S.B. (Novice)
Old Sep 22, '09, 5:47 pm
Forum Master

Old Sep 23, '09, 1:58 pm
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Amen.

Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

Council 1489

Obl.S.B. (Novice)

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions