Catholic FAQ

Help support Catholic Answers!

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Sep 4, '11, 6:34 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Anyone Have Answered-Prayer Testimonies about Saint Jude Thaddeus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith1960 View Post
I hope this isn't a dumb question, and I don't want to derail the thread, but what does it mean when posters write "bump" on their post?
It's to bring back an old thread which has become dormant.
Old Mar 1, '12, 5:52 pm
Banned

Bump !! (LOL !!!)

Actually, Bump is used more often than just reviving old and dormant threads.
Sometimes I need to keep a prayer request alive for a full day or two,
hardly an "old" thread!! --- and I will "bump" up my threads from time to time.

Sorry to have bumped up this one, LOL.

But sometimes we bump up a new thread, too.

Love to all, who are once again reading this REALLY old thread.

pax tecum,
Jaypeeto4
Old May 7, '12, 5:59 pm
Trial Membership

Ok so I know I am revitalizing an old thread, but because I'm short on cash and really can't afford to publish a testimonial to St. Jude, I just want to make sure that his great favor he arranged for me does not go forgotten. I prayed two novenas to St. Jude and both of them gave me the help that I needed, one was financial, and the other was concerning employment.

For my finances I didn't get a bag of money, but I did find a way to make my payments, where I didn't have one before.

But, the most miraculous act that St. Jude facilitated for me through the intercession of Jesus Christ was a couple of months ago when I was in dire straits with my employment. I found my first real job after looking for three years, but all was not well. My new boss didn't like me and was trying to find a way to fire me, it was right around Christmas so I started praying a novena to St. Jude to keep my job at this company and I finished the novena a week before new years eve. As luck would have it I was fired the first week of the new year, after my boss used me to complete a catalog working me long hours, 2 consecutive weeks at 80 hours, and then told me she wanted someone with more experience.

I didn't complain, I accepted God's will, but I have to say that I felt a little let down by St. Jude, but I just figured that it wasn't in God's plans that I be hired at that time. 3 weeks later I saw an add for a tech company for a marketing position, fyi I always wanted to work at a tech company . I sent in my resume in a coffee cup, the office loved it, two days later I was hired and I received a 3% raise!

Thank you God and thank you St. Jude! I heard he is known for arranging special bonuses to those who put their trust in God's mercy and his intercession.

The intercession of St. Jude is real, things might not always happen the way we want it, but he definitely goes to bat for us with Jesus Christ. I also want to add a small note to this testimonial, GOD IS NOT AN ATM! I sincerely doubt, that he would grant me a selfish, stupid, materialistic intention like owning a new Porsche or an oceanfront home. Also God, will not grant a request that will lead someone to damnation, so perhaps winning a million dollars would corrupt my soul and stray me from God. But it's not wrong to ask St. Jude to intervene to God for something we need, not want i.e. getting out of financial hardship, overcoming sin, finding a spouse, or seeking a way to move closer to our families.

If you're interested in saying this novena, you can google St. Jude novena, I like the EWTN link.

Right now Im asking St. Jude to intervene for me to find me a spouse, and help me move my career forward so that I may support a family. I look forward to seeing what he can do for me, I'm a patient man for God's will.
Old May 7, '12, 9:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisox View Post
Ok so I know I am revitalizing an old thread, but because I'm short on cash and really can't afford to publish a testimonial to St. Jude, I just want to make sure that his great favor he arranged for me does not go forgotten. I prayed two novenas to St. Jude and both of them gave me the help that I needed, one was financial, and the other was concerning employment.

For my finances I didn't get a bag of money, but I did find a way to make my payments, where I didn't have one before.

But, the most miraculous act that St. Jude facilitated for me through the intercession of Jesus Christ was a couple of months ago when I was in dire straits with my employment. I found my first real job after looking for three years, but all was not well. My new boss didn't like me and was trying to find a way to fire me, it was right around Christmas so I started praying a novena to St. Jude to keep my job at this company and I finished the novena a week before new years eve. As luck would have it I was fired the first week of the new year, after my boss used me to complete a catalog working me long hours, 2 consecutive weeks at 80 hours, and then told me she wanted someone with more experience.

I didn't complain, I accepted God's will, but I have to say that I felt a little let down by St. Jude, but I just figured that it wasn't in God's plans that I be hired at that time. 3 weeks later I saw an add for a tech company for a marketing position, fyi I always wanted to work at a tech company . I sent in my resume in a coffee cup, the office loved it, two days later I was hired and I received a 3% raise!

Thank you God and thank you St. Jude! I heard he is known for arranging special bonuses to those who put their trust in God's mercy and his intercession.

The intercession of St. Jude is real, things might not always happen the way we want it, but he definitely goes to bat for us with Jesus Christ. I also want to add a small note to this testimonial, GOD IS NOT AN ATM! I sincerely doubt, that he would grant me a selfish, stupid, materialistic intention like owning a new Porsche or an oceanfront home. Also God, will not grant a request that will lead someone to damnation, so perhaps winning a million dollars would corrupt my soul and stray me from God. But it's not wrong to ask St. Jude to intervene to God for something we need, not want i.e. getting out of financial hardship, overcoming sin, finding a spouse, or seeking a way to move closer to our families.

If you're interested in saying this novena, you can google St. Jude novena, I like the EWTN link.

Right now Im asking St. Jude to intervene for me to find me a spouse, and help me move my career forward so that I may support a family. I look forward to seeing what he can do for me, I'm a patient man for God's will.
Thank You St. Jude!

I'm in a low couple of years. I'm a Land Surveyor. Self employed at that. Can't hardly give my self away. 2 years ago my wife was diagnosed with cancer. The year before that my mother and long time hunting buddy died. I stayed with my wife treatment after treatment. I started a Novena after Novena to St. Jude. I have one going on now. My wife is cured of cancer. That was the first most prayer I needed answered. I've gotten just enough work to barely make ends meet. But ends have been met. Just the past 2 months work has started to move in from odd places. I started mowing grass with a survey client I did a job for. An old commercial client had 3 projects for me. Good projects, but payment can be slow. Out of the blue I called an old friend asking what he was doing, and where could I find some work. He gave me a name. I called and was well received. They need my badly. My cash flow is very bad. I need enough for the simple things like gas, lunch, and dinner. Hoping I can make a draw this Friday, and have enough money to make it to then. Praying to St. Jude, Mary, and Jesus tonight, My cat comes up and drops an envelope at my feet. It's one of those money envelopes you get for Christmas or birthdays. I pick it up and open it and there's $15 in it from several years ago. All I can say is Thank You St. Jude!
Old May 7, '12, 9:51 pm

Send a message via AIM to Layp3rs0n

St. Jude has helped me several times. Can't give a testomonial as the subject matter is far too private. But suffice to say the situations really did seem hopeless before St. Jude.
Old May 7, '12, 10:50 pm

I prayed the novena when I was working at a Jiffy Lube in LA, to get a better job. After a week of doing the novena, my prayers were answered!!!! Thank you St. Jude
Old Jun 16, '12, 9:39 pm

He answered my prayers many times..He helped me get a job 2 times..
Old Jun 16, '12, 10:52 pm

Thank You St. Jude!

Novena To St. Jude

Most holy Apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of difficult cases, of things almost despaired of, Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.
Intercede with God for me that He bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly -
(make your request here)
- and that I may praise God with you and all the saints forever. I promise, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor granted me by God and to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.
Amen

PRAYER

May the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, and loved in all the tabernacles until the end of time. Amen.

May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised and glorified now and forever. Amen

St. Jude pray for us and hear our prayers. Amen.

Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Blessed be St. Jude Thaddeus, in all the world and for all Eternity.

(say this prayer, followed by the Our Father and the Hail Mary)

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/nove...#ixzz1y1jSRIBa
Old Jul 1, '12, 7:05 pm
Trial Membership

I recently had a prayer answered I'm not sure if it was answered by the Divine Mercy, the Rosary, or St. Jude since I prayed all of them at the time. We were slated to take another pay cut this year..4% which would have brought our total concessions to a total of 16% in the last three years. We were just given another pay freeze. Thank you God!
Old Jul 1, '12, 7:54 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

I recently had a great experience praying to St. Jude. My house was going into foreclosure and I really had no idea what I was going to do. So I started 2 Novenas, 1 to St. Jude and the other to St. Joseph and before I was done a realtor came to my house with an offer from my lender to put my house on a short sale program.
About a month later the house was listed on the market, and I prayed both Novenas again, and before I was done again an offer was made on the house.
St. Jude and St. Joseph really had my back this year and I am very grateful to them. I don't know what would have happened to me if not for their help!
Old Jul 3, '12, 10:08 am
Trial Membership

Another prayer answered! Thank you, God. I don't know if it was St. Jude, the beloved virgin, or God himself, but I am forever grateful.

To satisfy my divorce judgement that is now 7 yrs old. I owed my ex his equity plus 4% compounded interest. When we wrote the divorce no one foresaw the drop in home values. I was desperate. I investigated every possibility: foreclosure, borrow from my retirement, bankruptcy, take him back to court to try to reduce it. It wasn't looking good for me. I thought I was upside down.

Well, I had my house appraised and it came back with more than I needed to satisfy my current mortgage, maintain equity to prevent me from paying PMI and escrowing my taxes and enough to pay off my ex plus the interest I owed him!

I've prayed for this for a long time, but just added the Rosary and my St. Jude prayers in the last week or so. I am so happy. Thank you, God, Virgin Mother, and St. Jude!
Old Jul 14, '12, 9:49 am
Trial Membership

Thank you, St. Jude! Another prayer answered! I passed my national licensing exam today. Thank you!
Old Jul 14, '12, 10:30 am

St. Jude is wonderful. He has helped me multiple times during the past. St. Jude is very kind and powerful. Thank you St. Jude for all your help.
And none beside thee delights me on earth. (Psalm 73:25)

Old Jul 14, '12, 11:27 am

Religion: catholic

I have told this story on CAF before.

When my great grandson was born, he was just beautiful. Both sides of the family were gathered in the mother's room taking turns holding the infant and admiring it.

Suddenly a doctor comes in and says that they must have the baby immediately for some tests have come back indicating that the child is very sick and needs attention. They would not say what the problem was.

They put the child in the incubator, and there were more tubes coming out or going into that little thing than I thought were possible. It was heart breaking.

The doctor told us the situation was very critical and would possible remain critical until tomorrow morning with the real possibility of death if conditions did not get better. So he could die during the night. He said it could go either way.

My wife and I went home broken and beside ourselves. But after thinking a bit, we deceided to pray to St. Jude during the night, all night. At 10pm we said the novena prayers to St. Jude. And we continued to say them every hour on the hour for nine hours, until 6am.

We went to the hospital and saw the doctor. Scared, we asked how he was, and the doctor acted as though there was nothing wrong, almost as if he hadn't said a thing. He said his condition was just fine and there was never any concern all during the night, and things were fine.

You go figure. And there hasn't been any problem since, except for sticking his hand in the cookie jar.

St. Jude I owe you one.
Old Oct 3, '12, 5:18 pm

Religion: RCC

I can't find info on this St. In the 1001 Saints. Is this the Apostle that took Jude Isacariot's place?

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality