Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > The Clubhouse

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Aug 9, '10, 11:34 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: 2010 Teen Winter thread / TCT IV

Hey guys, I'm back from my retreat (and I'm 19 now lol). The retreat...it was absolutely amazing. Every year gets better and better, and I love seeing the campers grow in their faith and come closer to God. And I especially loved experiencing it with my dad (as an adult counselor), my brother (a junior counselor with me), and my next brother (as a camper). It made it that much more special.

I had to give my talk on my birthday, and I also got to receive the sacrament of Confession that night. I don't think I've ever cried that much on my birthday (both during my talk and at Confession) but it was good. During my talk, I spoke of my grandpa's death back in January (which was hard on me...he was the first person I was close to that I've ever lost due to death)...it was hard because while I am a quite emotional person, I usually only show my emotions in private. It was good for the campers to hear, and good for me to get off my chest...hopefully it will get easier as time goes on. And Confession on my birthday...it was like God's birthday gift to me.

Anyways, I really miss the counselors and campers so much already, but life must continue on. Hopefully I will be able to go again next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Wanderer View Post
Sar - Musician (She like playing teh piano )
Do I get to do anything special?
Old Aug 9, '10, 1:39 pm
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by abort73catholic View Post
Why yes m'dear. You get a portable piano and my own specially made item, magical music sheets. The spell book of mystical musicians such as yourself.

New blog

Our magic is not absolute. True magic results from courage of the heart.
- Negi Springfield (Mahou Sensei Negima)
Old Aug 9, '10, 1:43 pm

Quote:
Why yes m'dear. You get a portable piano and my own specially made item, magical music sheets. The spell book of mystical musicians such as yourself.

Sounds great! lol
Old Aug 9, '10, 2:05 pm
Forum Master

Quote:

Sounds great! lol
Yesh. Keep in mind though that your combat style and music style are directly related. Choose and (at higher levels ) make your own compositions wisely.

Dark: *pops in* Please note that certain songs have certain effects depending on stuff such as alignment, class, and perhaps even personality. :3 For instance, religious music has absolutely no effect on the likes of LW here but play something rebellious like this though and the bonuses you grant him shall double. Why? Well because he's such an angry little emo after all.

Dude... too much info. -_-;; *fries Dark with Hellfire Pillar spell*

Dark: x_X *crumbles into ashes*

Quote:
I had to give my talk on my birthday, and I also got to receive the sacrament of Confession that night. I don't think I've ever cried that much on my birthday (both during my talk and at Confession) but it was good. During my talk, I spoke of my grandpa's death back in January (which was hard on me...he was the first person I was close to that I've ever lost due to death)...it was hard because while I am a quite emotional person, I usually only show my emotions in private. It was good for the campers to hear, and good for me to get off my chest...hopefully it will get easier as time goes on. And Confession on my birthday...it was like God's birthday gift to me.

Dark: Ahh, confession.. the one thing that's long overdue with LW here. Isn't the shadowy path awesome?

Oh yes. -_- *snaps fingers*

Dark: GEEH!!! D8 *is suddenly strung up and stretched in midair*

Getting to do this to you all the time? >B( *conjures electricity in hand* A real pleasure. *zaps Dark*

Dark: GIIEEEHH!!! D'8> *screams echo far and wide*

New blog

Old Aug 9, '10, 3:51 pm

Quote:
Hey guys, I'm back from my retreat (and I'm 19 now lol). The retreat...it was absolutely amazing. Every year gets better and better, and I love seeing the campers grow in their faith and come closer to God. And I especially loved experiencing it with my dad (as an adult counselor), my brother (a junior counselor with me), and my next brother (as a camper). It made it that much more special.

Anyways, I really miss the counselors and campers so much already, but life must continue on. Hopefully I will be able to go again next year.

I'm happy to hear you had such a great time and even happier to hear that you feel you helped those kids out.

Lost Wanderer, I have not been to confession in a while either. I really don't want to go to my parish. I think I might go when I get back to school in a few weeks. There a place (not an actual parish but they have daily Mass and a Catholic gift shop there) in walking distance from my school where there are priests hearing confessions 3hrs a day 6 days a week!
Old Aug 9, '10, 4:04 pm

Sorry, there are 3 Masses there each day and (scheduled time for)confessions at different times for about 2hr 45min a day(except Sunday). And there are a ton of parishes in walking distance to. I never thought of this before. I need to look up the demographics of the city. I never thought there where so many Catholics there.
Old Aug 9, '10, 4:21 pm

The US census bureau could not explain it, I guess its just population size. But why am I complaining its a good thing.

Things I found in my search; This city is the founder of telephone numbers, before that people told the operator who they wanted to talk to. All soft drinks in the US. and CVS pharmacy's
Old Aug 9, '10, 5:02 pm

Religion: Catholic (Roman Rite)
Send a message via MSN to JSSebastianoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjg18 View Post
Lost Wanderer, I have not been to confession in a while either. I really don't want to go to my parish. I think I might go when I get back to school in a few weeks. There a place (not an actual parish but they have daily Mass and a Catholic gift shop there) in walking distance from my school where there are priests hearing confessions 3hrs a day 6 days a week!
Me neither actually. My parish only has 1 hr. a week 4-5 on Sat. afternoon. And I'm working then. I think I'll get a chance to go before I go though.

This actually reminded me of a dream where I walked into the Church at around the end of confession time and saw the priest starting to get up wondering if I should go in (sometimes I don't like to detain them) when some guy criticized me for not coming on time or something like that....

Trinity College (where I'm going) actually has a Chapel on it from when it was Anglican/Episcopal.....

Pax,

Sebastiano
to Our Lady of Sheshan on the Occasion of the World Day of Prayer for the Church in China (24 May 2008)
Old Aug 10, '10, 5:47 am
Forum Master

Quote:
My problem is not just really access but also well... guts. >_>;;
Its kind of hard to confess a sin you just know you're going to commit again.
Furthermore, the writing profession isn't exactly the purest craft (even the most ancient of mythologies are full of stuff that could easily pass for fan service).

Basically my road is right on the boundary. I am to the spiritual crowd what an extreme skateboarder is to the safety crowd. Safety may grant security but some of us just can't help but want some spice in our life. :\

New blog

Old Aug 12, '10, 5:39 pm

So.... How long before everyone goes (back) to school? I go back the 29th!
Old Aug 12, '10, 5:47 pm

Quote:
So.... How long before everyone goes (back) to school? I go back the 29th!
I make the 5 hr drive early in the morning of Saturday, the 21st. Classes don't actually start for me until the 25th. In the days leading up to classes, we have this thing called "ROC Week" which is "Raven Orientation Camp" for all the freshmen. We are divided into groups and such. I'm not sure what we do, but it's just a way of getting to know people and getting a feel for the campus.
Old Aug 12, '10, 6:47 pm

Quote:
Its kind of hard to confess a sin you just know you're going to commit again.
I know. But actually, having confessed helped me want not to commit mine again (even though I did) - after the second confession of that perticular sin, I was able to quit cold turkey. Never underestimate the power of GOD'S mercy.

Quote:
I make the 5 hr drive early in the morning of Saturday, the 21st. Classes don't actually start for me until the 25th. In the days leading up to classes, we have this thing called "ROC Week" which is "Raven Orientation Camp" for all the freshmen. We are divided into groups and such. I'm not sure what we do, but it's just a way of getting to know people and getting a feel for the campus.
Man, 21st is my last day of work. I have to be at school 2 Sept., with classes on the 9th...
I got my dorm assignment finally - not a single like I wanted but I have to learn GOD'S will be done... And my dorm is like on the opposite side of campus than my classes, but oh well....

Pax,

Sebastiano
to Our Lady of Sheshan on the Occasion of the World Day of Prayer for the Church in China (24 May 2008)
Old Aug 12, '10, 7:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSSebastianoP View Post
Man, 21st is my last day of work. I have to be at school 2 Sept., with classes on the 9th...
I got my dorm assignment finally - not a single like I wanted but I have to learn GOD'S will be done... And my dorm is like on the opposite side of campus than my classes, but oh well....
I actually have one of my classes in my dorm building. My dorm is actually pretty central to the campus, which is nice. lol my dorm has 2 classrooms in it. I believe it is actually my Philosophy class. I have about 10 minutes to get to that class from another one that's about halfway across campus...

...good thing it's a smaller campus!
Old Aug 12, '10, 7:17 pm

Quote:
I actually have one of my classes in my dorm building. My dorm is actually pretty central to the campus, which is nice. lol my dorm has 2 classrooms in it. I believe it is actually my Philosophy class. I have about 10 minutes to get to that class from another one that's about halfway across campus...

...good thing it's a smaller campus!
Central! Nice for you! At least one good thing about my location is a shorter walk to the Chinatown bus to NYC.........
Oh? That's interesting... Class in a dorm, huh?

Yeah - mine's a small campus too, so....

Best of wishes to ya!

Pax,

Sebastiano
Old Aug 12, '10, 7:46 pm

Religion: Agnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSSebastianoP View Post
Maybe it's God's way of telling you that he wants you to have more exercise?

Random question! Have I ever seemed...disrespectful in my almost full year here in this thread? I mean that in the obvious way, of course..

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > The Clubhouse