Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Mar 6, '05, 10:21 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Yes! Jesus Has DNA and Blood Group AB

Well, folks, the exciting truth about Jesusí DNA is about to be uncovered!!!

Yes, Yes, Yes!

Scientists have been studying the Blood of Jesus in the Shroud, the drops of Blood at Lanciano and elsewhere, and the Blood all oozing out from various statues. They are all the same type, AB. And have the same genetic makeup, which means DNA !!!

Here are the first three paragraphs of the story:

"The blood analyzed recently from two weeping icons in Italy and found to possess extraordinary, unique characteristics is of the AB blood type -- the same type reported in the well-known bleeding Host miracle at Lanciano, Italy, and also detected on the famed Shroud of Turin.

"It was last week that word came from noted Italian author Renzo Allegri [left] that blood genetically analyzed from the weeping icons was tested by a prestigious university and allegedly found to be unique to earth -- unlike any genetic structure in the world blood bank. The odds against it being of the particular genetic structure, reported the researchers, were 200 billion to one.

"The implication is potentially astonishing: that the blood came from a source that was not preceded by a similar genetic type and was not inherited (as of course Jesus's Blood, if this was His actual genetic structure, would not have been inherited). Of course, because something is supernatural does not mean the process of discernment is over."

You can read the rest yourself:

Check it out at this website! http://www.spiritdaily.org/Quickhive...s/bologna2.htm

This is not a scientific article in giving all the details, but eventually, the results have to be seen on the Net somewhere and we can google for it.

Letís face it, all the Superman stories that thrill us in childhood pale besides this. We know Jesus life and existence is the ultimate alien story. He is of us, and yet so different. Glory Be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost! God wanted to come down and engineered this marvelous miracle! He has to be created ex nihilo after all. Right? Wrong!

It would be marvelous to get Our Ladyís Blood to compare and they did! Our Ladyís statues also weep!!! See what the article says? Quote:

"The blood is human blood, of group AB, male, and was found to be identical in the two samples tested, the blood from the tears from the Icon of the Virgin and the blood that appeared of the Face of Jesus are the same," the team reported, adding that "the configuration of the genetic features found in the Y chromosome does not correspond to any of the configurations present in the world wide data bank where the data of 22,000 male subjects from 187 different populations is kept."

So, his Blood and Our Ladyís have the same genetic makeup. I want to know what they say about his Y chromosome but they didnít say in this article. Say, if any of you get more news than this, please let the rest of us know. This article appeared in Spirit Daily on the 7th Feb 2005.

Yva
Old Mar 6, '05, 10:29 am

Send a message via AIM to Lisa4Catholics
Default Re: Yes! Jesus Has DNA and Blood Group AB

Thats awesome isn't it God Bless
Old Mar 6, '05, 11:35 am

Religion: Roman Catholic
Send a message via AIM to Meggie

with all the cloning stuff I actually find that quite scarry.....
Old Mar 6, '05, 11:42 am

Oh,Maggie I have not even thought about that before!!!!

Now I am freaked out I can see the devil trying to pull a stunt like that and working on the ego of the scientist to fulfill his plan
Old Mar 6, '05, 11:56 am
Resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa4Catholics
Oh,Maggie I have not even thought about that before!!!!

Now I am freaked out I can see the devil trying to pull a stunt like that and working on the ego of the scientist to fulfill his plan
Maybe that is what we are supposed to do? Maybe that's why God gave us science? To assist the Resurrection?
Old Mar 6, '05, 12:10 pm

The Ressurection has already happened,Kevin.We would be trying to create Jesus the God-man again and that to me is scary! The next time Jesus comes He will come down from Heaven like He went up to Heaven.Nope That sounds like diabolic medling.God Bless
Old Mar 6, '05, 12:26 pm

Post Re: Yes! Jesus Has DNA and Blood Group AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggie
with all the cloning stuff I actually find that quite scarry.....
The Gnostics who follow Rennes have been hoping for this for ages. And what I find scary is that some group (whose individual names are shielded as they hide under their group name) are spending a fortune in restoring Rennes - they claim for "tourists; - yet somehow I doubt that this is the primary purpose..
Old Mar 6, '05, 12:27 pm

This was known thanks to the shroud.
Old Mar 6, '05, 12:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Walker
Maybe that is what we are supposed to do? Maybe that's why God gave us science? To assist the Resurrection?

Keep in mind "render to God what is God's" - somehow I don't think God neds our help in another resurrection and Scripture tells us how God will come again. I suspect God is doing just fine managing His own appearances.
Old Mar 6, '05, 12:34 pm
Resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa4Catholics
The Ressurection has already happened,Kevin.We would be trying to create Jesus the God-man again and that to me is scary! The next time Jesus comes He will come down from Heaven like He went up to Heaven.Nope That sounds like diabolic medling.God Bless
But why is it necessarily evil? I don't find science in and of itself as evil? Also, the use of Jeus's DNA to clone the man is not cloning Christ who is in heaven. If Jesus's DNA was cloned, it does not mean we are reproducing God. It is an incredible coincidence to live in a time where both cloning and DNA identification both coexist, so my interpretation is that since science is a gift from God, maybe we were meant to identify and have a sample of Jesus's blood from the Shroud to aid in his second coming? AND it would only be a second coming if God will's it! Otherwise the person would only physically resemble Jesus the man. (Wow, I'm sure the media and other whackos might have a field day with this concept).
Old Mar 6, '05, 12:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Walker
But why is it necessarily evil? I don't find science in and of itself as evil? Also, the use of Jeus's DNA to clone the man is not cloning Christ who is in heaven. If Jesus's DNA was cloned, it does not mean we are reproducing God. It is an incredible coincidence to live in a time where both cloning and DNA identification both coexist, so my interpretation is that since science is a gift from God, maybe we were meant to identify and have a sample of Jesus's blood from the Shroud to aid in his second coming? AND it would only be a second coming if God will's it! Otherwise the person would only physically resemble Jesus the man. (Wow, I'm sure the media and other whackos might have a field day with this concept).
The Gnostics interpretation of the "apocalyptic literature" and prophecies they revere wish to produce a God who can claim direct descent from a Divnity...the rest will be according to their belief, our "future history".

I repeat God will manage His own affairs quite nicely and Scripture makes plain that Jesus not only described how He would come again, but that many would come in His name - just who do you think He was talking about? And to answer your othr question, no, I do not believe it mere coincidence that at this point in history cloning has come upon the stage ---there are dark days ahead.

No, I do not consider it mere coincidence that Judas was born in the time of Christ nor Pontius Pilate. I do not think it a mere coincidence that a Pole who defends life and fights for the Christian life of the world against the "culture of death" in our time is a mere coincidence either. Whenever evil appears on the horizon God sends a choice.
Old Mar 6, '05, 12:56 pm
Resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagiaSophia
The Gnostics interpretation of the "apocalyptic literature" and prophecies they revere wish to produce a God who can claim direct descent from a Divnity...the rest will be according to their belief, our "future history".

I repeat God will manage His own affairs quite nicely and Scripture makes plain that Jesus not only described how He would come again, but that many would come in His name - just who do you think He was talking about? And to answer your othr question, no, I do not believe it mere coincidence that at this point in history cloning has come upon the stage ---there are dark days ahead.

No, I do not consider it mere coincidence that Judas was born in the time of Christ nor Pontius Pilate. I do not think it a mere coincidence that a Pole who defends life and fights for the Christian life of the world against the "culture of death" in our time is a mere coincidence either. Whenever evil appears on the horizon God sends a choice.
I guess I'm just more of an optimist than you. I think science and man's intellectual development to be a very great gift from God, since science has enabled man to improve the quality of life over the centuries.

I am a true believer, in that good will always conquer evil - always. As long as I believe in God and Jesus I shall fear no evil, and use the gifts God gave to me, my mind, my intellect, my curiosity, my free will, and my faith in (Roman) Catholicism.

If Science were bad, then we wouldn't have the Vatican Observatory. So yes I feel that if and when cloning becomes 100% perfected for humans (which it ain't), then we should go ahead and clone the blood found on the Shroud of Turin (or do whatever the Pope decides regarding this issue).
Old Mar 6, '05, 1:04 pm

Doesn't the Church teach cloning humans is wrong?
Old Mar 6, '05, 1:08 pm

in vitro (sp?) fertilization is definitely wrong, and doesn't cloning basically involve this?
Old Mar 6, '05, 1:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis315
Doesn't the Church teach cloning humans is wrong?
Yes it does, to attempt to clone Jesus is downright horrifying.I have nothing against science,but there are moral lines we should not cross.God Bless

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News