Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Mar 15, '05, 12:49 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Matrix Medal

I have a small oval silver-colored religious medal which depicts a figure with uplifted arms kneeling before a bare cross on what seems to be a hill or island with the words THE MATRIX running around the top, and with two interlinked hearts dripping blood on the back of the medal.

Does anyone know anything about this medal? What do the words THE MATRIX mean?

Last edited by romano; Mar 15, '05 at 12:50 am. Reason: Correction
Old Mar 15, '05, 3:11 am
Resigned

Default Re: MATRIX MEDAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by romano
I have a small oval silver-colored religious medal which depicts a figure with uplifted arms kneeling before a bare cross on what seems to be a hill or island with the words THE MATRIX running around the top, and with two interlinked hearts dripping blood on the back of the medal.

Does anyone know anything about this medal? What do the words THE MATRIX mean?
I have one myself, it means to mold, and it was given to Christina Gallagher.
Iv'e heard stories of the Two Hearts bleeding, and it is supposed to bring a change to those that wear it.
On the link you will see Christina wearing one herself.

"JUST CALL IT 'THE MATRIX', MY SON WISHES TO MOLD."

THE MATRIX
MEDAL

Our Blessed Lady requested in an early apparition, in March 1988 that a special medal be struck, with the Cross on one side, and before the Cross, Our Lady on her knees. "I would like my Son's Cross on it, with Me on my knees praying for my children. On the other side, I would like the two Hearts (of Jesus and Mary) weeping tears of blood."
When asked by Christina what the medal should be called, Our Lady replied: "Simply call it The Matrix. My Son wishes to mold."
On the same occasion, Our Lady stated: "My child, my Son and I hurt very much when our children do not hear us. Their hearts are closed to Us. Pray, pray, pray and make sacrifices to my Son's Heart, that people will hear us calling them."
http://www.christinagallagher.org/en/continue.html

But as always caution is needed, as Christina is still under investigation by the Church.
Old Mar 15, '05, 6:20 am

Hello. I just wanted to let you know that according to Unity Publishing, "Archbishop Michael Neary investigated Mrs. Gallagher and declared her "charism" contained no evidence of miracles or supernatural intervention."

I find it most helpful to stick with the Church approved apparitions. One of my favorites is The Divine Mercy Devotion. (The feast day is coming up the Sunday after Easter.)

There are so many unapproved and even disapproved apparitions out there these days that can so easily confuse the faithful, that IMO, its best to stick with those already approved by the Church as being worthy of belief.

God Bless.
Old Mar 15, '05, 6:45 am
Resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HisChurch
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that according to Unity Publishing, "Archbishop Michael Neary investigated Mrs. Gallagher and declared her "charism" contained no evidence of miracles or supernatural intervention."

I find it most helpful to stick with the Church approved apparitions. One of my favorites is The Divine Mercy Devotion. (The feast day is coming up the Sunday after Easter.)

There are so many unapproved and even disapproved apparitions out there these days that can so easily confuse the faithful, that IMO, its best to stick with those already approved by the Church as being worthy of belief.

God Bless.
Yes thanks, I've read Unitys report, but Rick doesn't seem open to e-mails, mine have all bounced back.
And the Church hasn't forbidden us to go to the house of prayer on Achill Island, (achilles heel) when the church forbids us to go, then I won't in total obedience to it.
I usually keep these things on the back burner, and let time take care of them.
Yes the Divine Mercy Novena is my favourite as well, starting offcourse on Good Friday, and ending on Low Sunday, I've done it about 4 years now.

Cheers & Bye !
Old Mar 15, '05, 7:48 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Joshua)
I have one myself, it means to mold, and it was given to Christina Gallagher.
Iv'e heard stories of the Two Hearts bleeding, and it is supposed to bring a change to those that wear it.
On the link you will see Christina wearing one herself.

"JUST CALL IT 'THE MATRIX', MY SON WISHES TO MOLD."

THE MATRIX
MEDAL

Our Blessed Lady requested in an early apparition, in March 1988 that a special medal be struck, with the Cross on one side, and before the Cross, Our Lady on her knees. "I would like my Son's Cross on it, with Me on my knees praying for my children. On the other side, I would like the two Hearts (of Jesus and Mary) weeping tears of blood."
When asked by Christina what the medal should be called, Our Lady replied: "Simply call it The Matrix. My Son wishes to mold."
On the same occasion, Our Lady stated: "My child, my Son and I hurt very much when our children do not hear us. Their hearts are closed to Us. Pray, pray, pray and make sacrifices to my Son's Heart, that people will hear us calling them."
http://www.christinagallagher.org/en/continue.html

But as always caution is needed, as Christina is still under investigation by the Church.
Thank you very much! And thanks for the link too. I've been puzzled ever since I got the medal. Now I know!

Old Mar 15, '05, 7:54 am

Quote:

God Bless.
I wasn't aware that there was an apparition associated with the medal since I didn't know what the medal was. Thanks for letting me know.

Old Mar 15, '05, 8:23 am

You're welcome! I had received one as well and didn't know anything about the apparition in question either until I did some research.
Old Mar 16, '05, 2:35 pm
Resigned

Quote:

God Bless.
Just wanted to say, because last week on EWTN I heard the prayer to the (Lady of all Nations)

So if you look this site up, you'll see Rick is at it again, so is EWTN wrong to have that prayer on air ?
This makes me wonder about his time he spent in Ireland trying to hunt down Christina, trying to drag her into the mud.

http://www.unitypublishing.com/jan1_99.html

On August 25, 1961 The Holy Office (Prot. N. 511/53): "After serious consultation the Holy Office concluded, that the judgment is definite and that it may not be taken up again. The messages are false and they stay further Forbidden for publication."

From Unitys website.
4HisChurch------ I'm not trying to get at you or anybody else, I'm just trying to get to the truth.

Last edited by (Joshua); Mar 16, '05 at 2:53 pm.
Old Mar 17, '05, 12:44 pm

On August 25, 1961 The Holy Office (Prot. N. 511/53): "After serious consultation the Holy Office concluded, that the judgment is definite and that it may not be taken up again. The messages are false and they stay further Forbidden for publication."

Hey, Joshua,
I agree with you! I REALLY want to get at the truth, myself. There are other apparitions that seem to be approved, and then I see other (I thought, reputable) sites saying that they are not.

I truly, truly wish there were something definative from the Vatican, that would put some of these to rest. Maybe its because there are so many out there right now and with the internet, it's so easy to get so much, conflicting information!

Basically, this has caused me to stick with fully approved apparitions (like Divine Mercy) and pretty much avoid the ones going on right now.

Oh, BTW, the above quote--is that from unity publishing regarding Christina? (Sorry to be so dense!)

Happy St. Pat's Day!
Old Mar 17, '05, 5:21 pm
Resigned

Quote:
Oh, BTW, the above quote--is that from unity publishing regarding Christina? (Sorry to be so dense!)

Happy St. Pat's Day!
Thanks, it was one of the quietest Saint Pat's day I've had, by desire may I add.
The quote is from Unitys website, thing is, and I don't want to push the moderators buttons too far.
But even tonight St, Patricks night, I heard the prayer to Our Lady of all nations, thing is Unity doesn't do that alleged apparation any favours, check the link.
http://www.unitypublishing.com/jan1_99.html

So all I'm saying is, if we believe Unity, then EWTN shouldn't have the prayer to "Our Lady of all Nations" on air.
Thats all I'm saying, like you I'm a little more than confused, but will be more than cautious.
Old Mar 30, '07, 10:44 am

Default Matrix medal

Hi, everyone.... I have a question about a medal I saw online... it's called the Matrix medal. the site where I saw it was www.christinagallagher.org Does anyone know anymore about it ? After I had read about it I got some medals from ebay and there was one in the group!
Old Mar 30, '07, 4:38 pm

Default Re: Matrix medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeleine54 View Post
Hi, everyone.... I have a question about a medal I saw online... it's called the Matrix medal. the site where I saw it was www.christinagallagher.org Does anyone know anymore about it ? After I had read about it I got some medals from ebay and there was one in the group!
Madeleine, Christina Gallagher is one of a number of unapproved "visionaries" and this medal was conceived by her.

"I am a daughter of the Church." St. Teresa of Jesus

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

Magister adest et vocat te.
Old Mar 30, '07, 6:14 pm

Default Re: Matrix medal

OK... thanks for the information..........I didn't know anything about them. That's why I like to ask people who know more than I.
Old Mar 24, '08, 8:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Joshua) View Post
So all I'm saying is, if we believe Unity, then EWTN shouldn't have the prayer to "Our Lady of all Nations" on air.
Thats all I'm saying, like you I'm a little more than confused, but will be more than cautious.
Found this on EWTN's website: http://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/o...ll_nations.htm
I don't know anything about Unity's website, or about Rick, but I prefer the more straightforward and less dramatic way EWTN answers their questions.

God Bless,
Anne
Old Mar 24, '08, 10:15 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Default Re: Matrix Medal

A priest helps the lady, Christina Gallagher, open a public praying place somewhere in Texas, not far from where I live. I don't think the priest has the permission to do so. Furthermore, my diocese's bishop and priests warn all of us not to go to this place; thus, I wouldn't wear this medal.

My girlfriend was taken there by someone, and when she got home she brought me the medal! That was how I found out that our parish's priest also advised us not to to this place.

Some people would not listen and still go there. I dont' know why they do that but their parish's chapel where the Real presence of Jesus is there, but they find this place better instead...

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality