Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Apr 23, '10, 11:52 pm

Religion: Catholic--I lean towards the obedient kind of traditionalism
Default about-our-lady/tears-a-miraculous-warning

http://www.tfp.org/tfp-home/about-ou...s-warning.html
Our Church won't auto-destruct until the second coming, it could practically do so by underminers and stupidity.
Old Apr 24, '10, 4:24 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: about-our-lady/tears-a-miraculous-warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolishmortal View Post
http://www.tfp.org/tfp-home/about-ou...s-warning.html
Our Church won't auto-destruct until the second coming, it could practically do so by underminers and stupidity.

What strikes me about this article is the following statement:
Quote:
In general terms, Our Lady charged the little shepherds to tell the world that she was deeply upset by the wickedness and corruption of men. She warned that if men did not amend, a terrible chastisement would come that would annihilate many nations. Russia would spread its errors throughout the world. The Holy Father would have much to suffer.

The punishment could only be avoided if men converted, Russia and the world were consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and men did the communion of reparation on the first Saturday of each month.
I think most devout Catholics who hold a profound watchful eye on the events and messages of Fatima strongly believe there will be a terrible chastisement that will annihilate many nations. Ever since the Walls of Eastern Berlin have come down; the entire world falsely believe all is peaceful and well in Russia and between NATO countries and the so called limits placed on the nuclear armaments treaties signed between United States and Russia. Since when has the Catholic Church officially consecrated Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary?

Russia is still very much a Communistic Regime, and what about the formidable threat Communistic China? People in the world are so blind to believe that the three biggest superpowers in the world are all at peace. The terrible Chastisement that the Blessed Virgin Mary spoke about is not far at hand.
Old Apr 24, '10, 5:37 am
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

Religion: Roman Catholic
Smile Re: about-our-lady/tears-a-miraculous-warning

My dear friends

I personally think the Immaculate Heart of Mary triumphed with the election of the new Russian Patriarch Jan 27, 2009. I think he was chosen by our Lady. He is not too bad. The prior Patriarch was very hostile to the catholic church. My opinion is that the Holy Father and all the bishops need to get the consecration done properly and quickly. Sr Lucia said the 1984 consecration did not work. Why on earth God has not walloped the world already is beyond me. But I think we are in for WWIII, a giant nuclear war, if it does not get done soon. It is all about the end times the Fatima message. I'm sure the reason there is so much difficulty getting the consecration done properly is God wants a massive triumph of the Immaculate Heart in the end. It would be ashame if a few billion people had to die to get it done though. I don't know why they won't??? satan is having a field day because it has not been done yet. But it will happen. The question is how much more pain before it is. I think the Pope should call a council and make it happen myself. I doubt there has ever been greater need for a council in the church in any case - whichever way you look at it, and from whatever angle. My opinion is that when we see open acceptance of catholicism in Russia and many catholic churches opening and reopening it will be the sign of Russias conversion. But it won't happen without a correct consecration. We are in the last days now. The end times are near. This is the Fatima message. The church should stop messing around and just get the consecration done.

God bless all and pray for me please

John
May the Blessed Trinity and Blessed Mother along with all the Hosts of Blessed Spirits and Saints and Sublime Martyrs bless you all and the whole church and world and complete the conversion of Russia quickly and give us world peace +++. We are at the end. Bless you +++ I am John

Old Apr 24, '10, 9:53 am

France had 2 plagues, I think, due to France not being dedicated to the Sacred Heart by the King Louis of the time. The errors of Russia were long here by the time PJP2 teamed up with Reagan and Thatcher to end communism. The author of Perostroika (sp? Deception said they had planned a time when communism would seem to be dead, but it would be a like a sleeping bear. I don't know if they actually brought down the Soviet Union, in spirit.
Old Apr 24, '10, 9:13 pm

Religion: Catholic! Praise be to God!

Here's what EWTN has written about the Consecration of Russia.

Letters of Sr. Lucia Santos, OCD on the Consecration

Letter 1: To Sr. Mary of Bethlehem

J.+ M. Pax Christi

Dear Sister Mary of Bethlehem:

Received your letter and, although I have very little time at my disposal I will answer your question which is: Is the Consecration of the world, according to the request of Our Lady, made?

On Oct. 31, 1942, His Holiness Pius XII made the Consecration. I was asked if it was made as Our Lady requested. I answered "NO," because it was not made in union with all the bishops of the world.

Later, on May 13, 1967, His Holiness Paul VI made the Consecration. I was asked if it was made as Our Lady requested. I responded "NO," for the same reason, it was not made in union with all the bishops of the world.

On May 13, 1982, His Holiness John Paul II made the Consecration. I was asked if it was made. I responded "NO." It was not made in union with all the bishops of the world.

Then this same Supreme Pontiff, John Paul II wrote to all the bishops of the world asking them to unite with him. He sent for the statute of Our Lady of Fátima -- the one from the little Chapel to be taken to Rome and on March 25, 1984 - publicly - with the bishops who wanted to unite with His Holiness, made the Consecration as Our Lady requested. They then asked me if it was made as Our Lady requested, and I said, "YES." Now it was made.

Why this urgency of God that this Consecration should be made in union with all the bishops of the world? Because this Consecration is a call for unity of all Christians - The Mystical Body of Christ - whose head is the Pope, the one, true representative of Christ on earth to whom the Lord confided the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and on this union depends the faith in the world and the charity which is the bond that must unite all of us in Christ, as that which He wants, and as He asked the Father: "As You, O Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You have sent Me. . . I in them, and You in Me; that they be made perfect in one, and the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me" (John 17:21-23).

As we see of the union depends the faith and the charity that must be the bond of our union in Christ, whose true representative on earth is the Pope.

A hug to your mother and my greetings to the rest of the family in union with prayers.

Coimbra, August 29,1989

Sr. Lucia

[Commentary: Those who say Sr. Lucia mentions only the "world" above but not "Russia" and was therefore not writing of the Collegial Consecration requested by heaven are not being realistic. They should refer to all the articles in the special issue on the Collegial Consecration in the Fátima Family Apostolate's "Fátima Family Messenger" (Oct.-Nov.-Dec. 1989). Fr. Messias Coelho, theologian and editor of the Portuguese journal "Mesagem de Fátima," answered the objection effectively from the philosophical and theological aspect. Sister Lucia, out of respect for the Pope, spoke of it the way our Holy Father did, using the word "world, " which included Russia. In the letter the Pope sent to the world's bishops, the Holy Father clarified that it was to renew both the consecration of the world (1942) and Russia (1952). This time he did so in union with the bishops.]
Old Apr 24, '10, 9:55 pm

Sister Lucia, out of respect for the Pope, spoke of it the way our Holy Father did, using the word "world, " which included Russia. In the letter the Pope sent to the world's bishops, the Holy Father clarified that it was to renew both the consecration of the world (1942) and Russia (1952). This time he did so in union with the bishops.]

Did he specifically mentioned Russia, as Pope Pius 12 was told by the seers, but didn't, and do we have her handwritten signature on the document that said what Pope John Paul 2nd did fulfilled the request? I hate to call any cleric a liar, but we've had some crooked clergy.
Old Apr 25, '10, 4:42 am
Forum Elder

Religion: Catholic no adjectives

? I hate to call any cleric a liar, but we've had some crooked clergy.[/quote]
that's good because it would be against forum rules, and if someone were to accuse any of several successive 20th c. popes that would be schism and heresy. Would anyone be interested in revisiting the actual message of Fatima, conversion, prayer and return to the sacraments, and leaving off fretting on this tangent the devil always wants to introduce?
Old Apr 25, '10, 2:35 pm

EWTN is not infallible
Voicing suspicious about a pope lying may be detraction, at most. Besides, who said the Pope lied? There's different accounts of Padre Pio's reactions to V2.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality