Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Jun 16, '10, 9:11 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benidict View Post
this story is so AWESOME! loved it. peace
You bet. Its funny how immediately you are blown away when something like that happens to you, like its new or something....a miracle of sorts. Then you try to claim it, take ownership of it as if you are special. Then you remember your Catholic faith, you check your heart, you see the sin in this, you let it go.

To Atheism 123 if you are still hanging around.

As to faith in God, in Jesus, many Priest and others see this type of working each and every day. They remember who they are and know who they are not. They are open to the Masters voice. They just go about the work and give thanks and praise to God for allowing them to share in the love that is between the Father and the Son. All we can do is stand in the middle somewhere and live its effect.

We can find a great sense of our nothingness only when we start comparing ourselves to God as we unfold our own sinful nature. And what is most ironic about this type of journey Atheism 123 is you also discover that you are very much loved, how much you are loved.

It does not matter to me how old the earth is, how big the big bang was, was there a great flood? A Garden of Eden? What matters to me is not weather these stories are real or not, rather that the meaning of them are.

I know very well that I have a Creator, I know very well that each and every day there are times that I forget this. I know very well that my Creator understands this. He has allowed me, nothing at all to live. He has given me His Spirit where this nothing has become something. And in His eyes something special. Because He is love itself he does not make us His slaves, He allows us a lifetime to make a choice. If we choose wrong, which we all do its goodbye Eden. If we choose wrong the door of the Ark will close. And again we all do tend to choose wrong.

But if we choose Christ, through our sincere confession, and each persons timing is different, we can find about as much joy and peace here on earth that can be found. And the beauty of it all is in the end we get to go to our real home and be with God Forever the way we were meant to be with Him. He leaves it up to us, that's what love does.

Rich
www.utahmission.com
Old Jun 17, '10, 7:03 am

Religion: Roman Catholic

I made a long reply to Shredderbeam but in an effort to comply with the ban on these threads I've replaced it with this. We're not going to make any points that haven't already been made time and time again anyway.
Old Jun 17, '10, 8:37 am
Forum Master
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheism123 View Post
Well, this is supposed to be a forum asking answers from catholics, so I come here to do so.

I want to know why you believe in Christianity/Judaism/Pastafarnarianism/Whatever. I'm not some random trolling atheist, I genuinely want to know why you believe the things you do.
Because when you are a child of God you feel the need for that presence of your Father in your heart.

You fell that need to be loved like no other can imagine until one is loved and feels that Love from God.

The reason I believe is I can feel the love and comfort from God knowing no matter what happens in this world he can and will reach out at any moment I am in trouble and protect me. For I am his child.
Old Jun 17, '10, 8:41 am
Banned
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Well, this is supposed to be a forum asking answers from catholics, so I come here to do so.

I want to know why you believe in Christianity/Judaism/Pastafarnarianism/Whatever. I'm not some random trolling atheist, I genuinely want to know why you believe the things you do.

First because I was born into a very Catholic family.

Then as I matured, I started reading and I came to know the truth of the Church.
But apart from this intellectual assent is a gut knowing that this is the truth. Hard to explain but what I know in my heart to be true, I apprehend with my intellect as well - though to a lesser degree. Faith and Reason met, shook hands and embraced.
Old Jun 17, '10, 8:44 am
Banned
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHESTERTONRULES View Post
The Big Bang fits perfectly with Christian theology.

God said "Let there be light", then BANG!, there was light
Old Jun 17, '10, 3:21 pm

Religion: Catholic, Latin Rite

Quote:
True, but it also says he created the world in seven days, a few thousand years ago. The world (and universe) have been proved by many methods to be much, much older then this. For example, blue-shift and carbon dating, as well as the fact we can observe light that has taken more then those thousands of years to travel here.
I'm not sure if anyone remarked on this yet as I have only started to read this thread but The Church does not say that the world was built in seven days. You would need to look at fundi's and others for this explanation!

Peace!
Old Jun 17, '10, 6:32 pm

Religion: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenirvan View Post
I made a long reply to Shredderbeam but in an effort to comply with the ban on these threads I've replaced it with this. We're not going to make any points that haven't already been made time and time again anyway.
Oh, I thought that the ban didn't apply to this forum, but upon closer inspection of the stickies, I see that it does.

That's no fun!
Old Jun 17, '10, 8:17 pm

Religion: Catholic of course!
Exclamation Re: Why?

Forum Rules and guidelines

Ecclesiastes 1:10 Nothing under the sun is new, neither is any man able to say:
Behold this is new: for it hath already gone before in the ages that were before us.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions