Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Aug 1, '10, 8:37 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Novena for seeking Employment

was wondering if anyone knows of a novena to pray while I serach of emplyoment and also saints who help with work. I know St. Jude is for lost causes and I feel lost and St Anthony helps find lost items. St Joseph is for working Fathers (men) I am really trying to find something that fits me for I am getting discurraged
Old Aug 1, '10, 8:43 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Novena for seeking Employment

St. Joseph is also the patron of workers.

Novena to St. Joseph the Worker

St. Joseph, by the work of your hands and the sweat of your brow, you supported Jesus and Mary, and had the Son of God as your fellow worker. Teach me to work as you did, with patience and perseverance, for God and for those whom God has given me to support. Teach me to see in my fellow workers the Christ who desires to be in them, that I may always be charitable and forbearing towards all. Grant me to look upon work with the eyes of faith, so that I shall recognize in it my share in God's own creative activity and in Christ's work of our redemption, and so take pride in it. When it is pleasant and productive, remind me to give thanks to God for it. And when it is burdensome, teach me to offer it to God, in reparation for my sins and the sins of the world.

O good father Joseph! I beg you, by all your sufferings, sorrows and joys, to obtain for me what I ask.
(insert your specific employment request here.)

Obtain for all those who have asked my prayers, everything that is useful to them in the plan of God. Be near to me in my last moments, that I may eternally sing the praises of Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Amen.

(Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be)

Old Aug 2, '10, 2:24 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: roman catholic - traditional

My friend was laid off at age 62. She prayed the novena to St. Joseph. After 7 months
she got a job in an attorney's office. He is a brother to a church member.
It was very hard for her, being 64, to keep up hope, but she maintained her trust in God.
Old Aug 2, '10, 3:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyPryor View Post
was wondering if anyone knows of a novena to pray while I serach of emplyoment and also saints who help with work. I know St. Jude is for lost causes and I feel lost and St Anthony helps find lost items. St Joseph is for working Fathers (men) I am really trying to find something that fits me for I am getting discurraged
St Jude. On 5 different occasions It worked for me. Petition GOD through this Saint 9 days in petition and 9 days in thanksgiving and you have to promise to Publish thanksgiving after its granted.GOD knows you need to support your family.
Old Aug 2, '10, 3:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Burns View Post
St Jude. On 5 different occasions It worked for me. Petition GOD through this Saint 9 days in petition and 9 days in thanksgiving and you have to promise to Publish thanksgiving after its granted.GOD knows you need to support your family.
http://www.stjudenovena.org/prayingthenovena.html

We prayed it at the same time all 18 days.

On the 9th day it was granted each time.

Coiincidence? Some may say so - But Me - I know better.

Pax
Old Aug 2, '10, 10:07 pm

There's a very good one from Opus Dei (The Work of God).

http://www.opusdei.us/art.php?p=38041

See the pdf to download it.

There are two pathways...one a novena for work/employment, and a novena for "working better"
Old Aug 5, '10, 10:40 am
Greeter

Send a message via Yahoo to jaaraf
Cool Re: Novena for seeking Employment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward H View Post

There are two pathways...one a novena for work/employment, and a novena for "working better"
A co-worker of mine had been applying for work outside our country several times, but to no avail. I printed out a copy of this novena and gave it to him. I just learned today that he has been accepted to a position at a hospital in UAE and is now keeping his fingers crossed while waiting for his Visa.
Old Aug 5, '10, 1:46 pm

Excellent.

I like it because it anticipates both need for employment and opportunity to become a better worker, right where you are. Very detailed points.

Thank you.
Old Feb 8, '13, 12:41 am
Trial Membership

http://www.josemariaescriva.info/doc...r_work_new.pdf
Old May 29, '13, 3:09 pm
Trial Membership

I was let go from a job without any warning as a contractor. I have been a contractor for a long time and NEVER had this happen before. Most employers will at least give you a couple of weeks to find a new project - I was told it was a "personality Issue". It was probablya good thing becasue I really didn't enjoy working on the team I was on anyhow.
I had been looking for about 2 weeks with nothing happening so my wife and I said the Novena to St jude (9 straight hours) on a Friday. The following Tuesday I received a bunch of calls but the one project I wanted had already chosen it's candidates and I was now out of the running. I sent an email to the Project Manager saying - let me know if something happens with your candiates I'd still be interested in doing the project. The next morning I started the St Joseph Novena and re-started the Novena to St Jude again (the intent was to do it for 9 days this time). A few hours later I received a call that there was a "Turn of Events" and the candidate they had selected backed out but the amount they wanted to pay me was very low. Begrudingly and scarily I told them "Thank You" but I couldn't accept at that amount and passed on it but told them if they could meet my dollar requirements I would love to work on that project. A couple hours later and after some wrestilng with the agency who was representing me, I was told they could meet my requirements and that I shoudl plan to start in a week and a half.

I am DEFINITELY a believer in Novenas and the power of God to provide for me and my family. My wife and I have prayed them on various occassions and tehy ahev worked each time. It's amazing to see God's hand at work in things and how seemingly impossible situations can be overcome. Thank you Jesus - thank you St Jude and St Joseph for helping me in my time of need.

Novena to St. Joseph the Worker
http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/novena/joseph.htm

NOVENA TO ST JUDE
Most holy Apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of difficult cases, of things almost despaired of, Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.
Intercede with God for me that He bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly -
(make your request here)
- and that I may praise God with you and all the saints forever. I promise, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor granted me by God and to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.
Amen

(say this prayer, followed by 3 Our Father's Hail Mary's and Glory Bes))
Old May 29, '13, 3:16 pm

There are 2 great saints...Saint Philomena and Saint Joseph. A novena of communions in honor of Saint Philomena you say the novena and attend Mass for 9 days.

There is a wonderful novena to Saint Joseph for 30 days. You could google 30 days novena to Saint Joseph.
Old May 29, '13, 3:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward H View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguti View Post
Thank you for this. I am employed but have some issues at work that are beyond my control. I want to do what I can that is within my control.

FYI: These are the same thing but in different formats.

Happy Thanksgiving...a ritual sacrifice with pie!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Traditional Catholicism