Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Social Justice

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Aug 4, '10, 9:27 am

Religion: christian
Default Nancy Pelosi Ditches Catholic Credentials, Can't Say if Jesus Has Right to Life

Nancy Pelosi Ditches Catholic Credentials, Can't Say if Jesus Has Right to Life

Washington, DC -- Nancy Pelosi further ditched her Catholic credentials again as she was unable to answer a reporter's question about whether Jesus Christ should have had his right to life protected from conception.

http://LifeNews.com/nat6607.html
Old Aug 4, '10, 10:05 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Nancy Pelosi Ditches Catholic Credentials, Can't Say if Jesus Has Right to Life

Interviewer:"When did Jesus have the right to life?"
Pelosi:"Umm, umm, no comment."

Pro-life cause proven right once again
Old Aug 4, '10, 10:40 am

Default Re: Nancy Pelosi Ditches Catholic Credentials, Can't Say if Jesus Has Right to Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliee View Post

Washington, DC -- Nancy Pelosi further ditched her Catholic credentials again as she was unable to answer a reporter's question about whether Jesus Christ should have had his right to life protected from conception.

She was probably taken aback by being bated with such a question.
what would have been more appropriate, and would have rec'd an immediate reply, may have been to as.ask her if all of her six children had a right to their life.
Carlan
How often I have longed to gather your children as a hen gathers her brood under her wing.( Matthew 23:37)
Old Aug 4, '10, 12:45 pm

Religion: Episcopal

Quote:

Out of curiosity, just what are "Catholic Credentials"??

Proud Independent Since 1973
Old Aug 4, '10, 12:47 pm

Religion: Episcopal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlan View Post
She was probably taken aback by being bated with such a question.
what would have been more appropriate, and would have rec'd an immediate reply, may have been to as.ask her if all of her six children had a right to their life.
Carlan
I am speculating when I say this, but she most likely felt it was no one's business but her own.

Proud Independent Since 1973
Old Aug 4, '10, 12:49 pm
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

Religion: Catholic Christian Latin Rite
Send a message via AIM to qui est ce

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
Out of curiosity, just what are "Catholic Credentials"??
Thou shalt not kill.
Old Aug 4, '10, 2:51 pm
Account Under Review

There is subjective opinion and objective fact.

Ms. Pelosi apparently believes in God and Christ but rejects the teaching magisterium of the Church. Thus due largely to accident of birth she is a nominal catholic but is a de facto protestant Christian accepting Christ ( apparently) but rejecting the magisterium.

Quite why there is so much time spent agonising about Protestants who for some personal reasons self define as Catholic is beyond me. Nancy Pelosi is not a Catholic. She is a protestant without the honestly or self knowledge to accept that truth and publicly disown a Church she rejects.
Old Aug 4, '10, 3:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboveallbereal View Post

Ms. Pelosi apparently believes in God and Christ but rejects the teaching magisterium of the Church. Thus due largely to accident of birth she is a nominal catholic but is a de facto protestant Christian accepting Christ ( apparently) but rejecting the magisterium.

Quite why there is so much time spent agonising about Protestants who for some personal reasons self define as Catholic is beyond me. Nancy Pelosi is not a Catholic. She is a protestant without the honestly or self knowledge to accept that truth and publicly disown a Church she rejects.
Ms Pelosi,is a Catholic, as far as you and I as members of the public can determine.
She does, from all accounts, appear to be a Catholic dissident,but still, that is not for us to judge. We do not kneel beside her or any one else in the confessional only the Priest in Persona Christe.
Peace, Carlan
How often I have longed to gather your children as a hen gathers her brood under her wing.( Matthew 23:37)
Old Aug 4, '10, 5:26 pm

Religion: RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboveallbereal View Post

Nancy Pelosi is not a Catholic. She is a protestant without the honestly or self knowledge to accept that truth and publicly disown a Church she rejects.

Quote:
Ms Pelosi,is a Catholic, as far as you and I as members of the public can determine.
She does, from all accounts, appear to be a Catholic dissident,but still, that is not for us to judge. We do not kneel beside her or any one else in the confessional only the Priest in Persona Christe.
Peace, Carlan
Confession requires true repentance and attempts at conversion. Her continued public support of abortion and deliberate public misrepresentation of Church teachings does not indicate any such thing.

My bad, perhaps, but I would not kneel next to her at mass, I'd find somewhere else to sit. That woman's attitude toward the public, the unborn and the Church literally sickens me.

In any case, I will continue to pray for public officials who don't "get" the Gospel message.
Old Aug 4, '10, 6:08 pm

We need to pray more...and for more miracles. I am praying for a great conversion in her heart before she meets her maker.
Old Aug 4, '10, 6:30 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:

Of course she was "unable to answer", she was probably taken by surprise and knew she was simply being bated. What does Jesus' right to life have to do with abortion? Nothing. Why? Because: Mary consented to conceive Jesus and knew she wanted to have him. Abortions done to day are done for various reasons, not one of them being that God Himself asked them to bear the Savior of the world. They were also not Immaculately Conceived, as Mary WAS Immaculately Conceived.

Nancy Pelosi was *voted* in office and has a responsibility to vote according to what her voters want, and she does. If you want Nancy Pelosi to vote differently, evangelize her supporters and those who voted her in.
Old Aug 5, '10, 5:34 am

Religion: RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rence View Post
Of course she was "unable to answer", she was probably taken by surprise and knew she was simply being bated. What does Jesus' right to life have to do with abortion? Nothing. Why? Because: Mary consented to conceive Jesus and knew she wanted to have him. Abortions done to day are done for various reasons, not one of them being that God Himself asked them to bear the Savior of the world. They were also not Immaculately Conceived, as Mary WAS Immaculately Conceived.

Nancy Pelosi was *voted* in office and has a responsibility to vote according to what her voters want, and she does. If you want Nancy Pelosi to vote differently, evangelize her supporters and those who voted her in.
Yes, it was a leading question, baiting if you prefer. The point of the question was to point out that everyone has the right to life, the wanted and the unwanted.

Catholic politicians have a duty to their God before their duty to the people who elect them. I believe it was JPII that put that on paper. Since Senators and Representitives from other parts of the country affect all of us, we have every right to let her and others know how we feel.
Old Aug 5, '10, 6:53 am

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie2 View Post
Yes, it was a leading question, baiting if you prefer. The point of the question was to point out that everyone has the right to life, the wanted and the unwanted.

Catholic politicians have a duty to their God before their duty to the people who elect them. I believe it was JPII that put that on paper. Since Senators and Representitives from other parts of the country affect all of us, we have every right to let her and others know how we feel.
If Muslim or Jewish or Protesant politicians felt that they had a duty to their religion before their duty to the people, imagine the ramifications. Since Senators and Representatives from other parts of the country affect all of us, we SHOULD let them know how we feel and we should expect them to do something about it. However, our Senators and Representatives have a duty and responsibility to those who elected them, to actually do their job and represent the voters who elected them. I sure don't want my rights dictated to me by someone of the Muslim faith based on his or her religious beliefs, and I'm quite sure many feel the same way about politicians of the Catholic faith. This country is not a Catholic country, but a melting pot of those with different religions, and even no religion.
Old Aug 5, '10, 8:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rence View Post
If Muslim or Jewish or Protesant politicians felt that they had a duty to their religion before their duty to the people, imagine the ramifications. Since Senators and Representatives from other parts of the country affect all of us, we SHOULD let them know how we feel and we should expect them to do something about it. However, our Senators and Representatives have a duty and responsibility to those who elected them, to actually do their job and represent the voters who elected them. I sure don't want my rights dictated to me by someone of the Muslim faith based on his or her religious beliefs, and I'm quite sure many feel the same way about politicians of the Catholic faith. This country is not a Catholic country, but a melting pot of those with different religions, and even no religion.
Oh

OH! if only all of us would simply put our common sense to work, concerning the beliefs of a diverse population and the Government officials who represent them.Peace , Carlan
Old Aug 5, '10, 3:22 pm
Account Under Review

Quote:
Peace, Carlan
Actions speak louder than words Carlan.

Ms. Pelosi by her actions represents herself as a Christian who explicitly rejects the magisterium on the matter of the sacredness of life. Thus she is objectively a Protestant protesting both belief and the superiority of her own conscience over the teaching of the Church.

In eras when the Church had more self confidence and wasn't bending over backwards to accomodate humanism she would have been excommunicated for publically bringing scandal to the Church which is what she does by continuing to be a member of a Church she explicitly and actively reviles.

She is not a "catholic dissident" whatever that wooly meaningless oxymoron may mean. She is a cradle catholic de facto Protestant.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics > Social Justice