Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Aug 12, '10, 9:28 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Books of Anne, a lay apostle !

Is anyone familair with the books of Anne, a lay apostle ?
Thoughts or reviews ?
http://www.directionforourtimes.org/
Old Aug 12, '10, 10:59 am

Default Re: Books of Anne, a lay apostle !

Though I hate to go over this again, I will tell you what I know for the sake of saving you time and money.

This woman is a complete fraud. Her real name is Kathy Clarke and she is a failed writer/counselor, who is divirced and now with a second husband. She wrote a book while still in the US called "The Breakable Vow" ( in which she has a "good" Catholic view on marriage). In the Book the character "Annie" is suppossedly the story of Kathy Clarke's first marriage. The she married somone else (after being counselor to some people, one Woman she told to have "her tubes tied" - Totally condemned by the Catholic Church.) and she is now living here in Ireland unfortunately for us. She is a con artist - period.

Her books werent selling, but when she claimed they were inspired by God they sold much better. This led to her next marketing ploy - She got locutions from Our Lord, Our Lady and every single saint you can think of, they took her for walks in Purgatory, which she described as a "park area"! Funny, Our lady and the saints do not call her by her real name : Kathy, but her storybook name: "Anne".

I have researched this con artist thoroughly when a friend gave me some of her books containing the most idiotic messages. After years of digging, the trail always ended at one thing: Con artist preying on the gullible while the Hierarchy sleeps.

She has now bought a monastery here in Ireland on the funds of naive people who donated, and she has a shop and cafe on site selling her latest messages. Another Christian Gallagher - only alot stupider. I have talked to her personally, and know others who have. I would not waste any time on her. She must be stoped, we have enough false prophets in the world!

"For there will rise up false Christs and false prophets, and they shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce (if it were possible) even the elect." (Mark 13:22)
Old Aug 16, '10, 12:59 pm
Observing Member

Iotaunum Re: Books of Anne, a lay apostle !

I would love to talk about Direction for Our Times. I was close to leaving the Catholic Church at one point then I had an experience where I felt truly loved and cared for by God.

About six months later, I ran into these books from this woman named Anne. I am convinced that these same words of love were from the same source.

What is important too as I become more familiar with my faith, is how important it is to listen to the teaching of the church and being obedient to the Holy Spirit and Heaven talks about these things in Annes books. There are so many good things the book talks about that promote solid Catholic teaching.

Also too, if you dont have money, they will try to help you get the words for free. They have almost everything available online for free and they only charge money to cover the costs of the books and to support the mission. Anne is a hard working mother of six and she makes money not to be rich but to live modestly in a tiny town in Ireland. She is not trying to just sell books to become a false prophet.

Also too, by saying she is a false prophet, you are saying that you know before the Bishops and Congregation of the Doctrine of faith (both of which are being contacted and given all these works) and have judged her before they have. The truth is right now she is in good standing with the church and her local bishop and has done everything appropriately. So give her a break before you rip her apart as a fraud. The bishop has given his explicit permission that it is okay to print the books and people can read them in good faith not thinking they are going against church teaching or anything.

Jesus came to ST. Faustina with Divine Mercy and lots of people questioned her.

Also, if someone in the Old Testament, told everyone that he would come to earth in the belly of an unwed teenager, I am sure they would have stoned them to death.

You have to ask the Holy Spirit to discern the truth and make sure that it is conforming with the teachings of the Catholic church.

Thank you for listening to my opinion.
BeSmall
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though I hate to go over this again, I will tell you what I know for the sake of saving you time and money.

This woman is a complete fraud. Her real name is Kathy Clarke and she is a failed writer/counselor, who is divirced and now with a second husband. She wrote a book while still in the US called "The Breakable Vow" ( in which she has a "good" Catholic view on marriage). In the Book the character "Annie" is suppossedly the story of Kathy Clarke's first marriage. The she married somone else (after being counselor to some people, one Woman she told to have "her tubes tied" - Totally condemned by the Catholic Church.) and she is now living here in Ireland unfortunately for us. She is a con artist - period.

Her books werent selling, but when she claimed they were inspired by God they sold much better. This led to her next marketing ploy - She got locutions from Our Lord, Our Lady and every single saint you can think of, they took her for walks in Purgatory, which she described as a "park area"! Funny, Our lady and the saints do not call her by her real name : Kathy, but her storybook name: "Anne".

I have researched this con artist thoroughly when a friend gave me some of her books containing the most idiotic messages. After years of digging, the trail always ended at one thing: Con artist preying on the gullible while the Hierarchy sleeps.

She has now bought a monastery here in Ireland on the funds of naive people who donated, and she has a shop and cafe on site selling her latest messages. Another Christian Gallagher - only alot stupider. I have talked to her personally, and know others who have. I would not waste any time on her. She must be stoped, we have enough false prophets in the world!

"For there will rise up false Christs and false prophets, and they shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce (if it were possible) even the elect." (Mark 13:22)
Old Aug 16, '10, 7:26 pm
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairvaux View Post
Is anyone familair with the books of Anne, a lay apostle ?
Thoughts or reviews ?
http://www.directionforourtimes.org/
I agree with everything lotaunum said. Anne is a fake. Many of her messges contradict Church teachings which is a sure sign they do not come from God.
As her revelations are NOT APPROVED by the Church they cannot be dicussed here (forum rules).
By the way, Anne's messages only started after she made a trip to Medjugorie which is also false.
Old Aug 17, '10, 10:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
I agree with everything lotaunum said. Anne is a fake. Many of her messges contradict Church teachings which is a sure sign they do not come from God.
As her revelations are NOT APPROVED by the Church they cannot be dicussed here (forum rules).
By the way, Anne's messages only started after she made a trip to Medjugorie which is also false.

- Yes, regarding the whole Medjugorje thing you are right on the money. Also, it is very telling that this person made an account with this forum yesterday only to reply to this one post I made exposing the false prophet they are involved with. Kathy's followers actively seek out exposes of her in order to try and stop people from coming to a knowledge of the Truth. This is not hearsay, but everytime I expose Kathy on any forum/website, there seems to be a follower who has never posted on the site before, who makes an account just for the sake of defending her lies.

As to the claim that "Annes" books "promote solid Catholic teaching" - well that is just a joke, a sick joke at the expense of the Catholic Church and the True apparitions. I will not even respond to the whole "you are saying that you know before the Bishops and Congregation of the Doctrine of faith" nonsense. I exposed Christina Gallagher and her minions said the same. Now they are looking to sue her because she used their money for a BMW with "outside the series" wheels, and was then condemned by the Bishop. We dont need the CDF to tell us that someone is a con-artist.
Old Aug 17, '10, 10:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by besmall View Post
Iotaunum Re: Books of Anne, a lay apostle !

Also, if someone in the Old Testament, told everyone that he would come to earth in the belly of an unwed teenager, I am sure they would have stoned them to death.

Your entire post was so ridiculous that I didn't even wish to waste my time responding to it, however the statement above is so absurd it would be uncharitable of me to ignore it. It seems as if you are referring to the virgin birth of Christ. If so, this was foretold:

Isaiah 7:14 -

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.”

This was foretold hundreds of years before it actually happened, and I find it disprespectful the way you phrase the mystery of the Incarnation. However, it does shed light on your lack of understanding of the Catholic faith and discernment, which would explain why you think it is acceptable for Catholics to follow her. The mystery of the Incarnation has absolutely NO connection or parallel whatsoever with this false prophet and her lies.
Old Aug 17, '10, 11:49 am

Religion: Latin Rite Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iotaunum View Post
- Yes, regarding the whole Medjugorje thing you are right on the money. Also, it is very telling that this person made an account with this forum yesterday only to reply to this one post I made exposing the false prophet they are involved with. Kathy's followers actively seek out exposes of her in order to try and stop people from coming to a knowledge of the Truth. This is not hearsay, but everytime I expose Kathy on any forum/website, there seems to be a follower who has never posted on the site before, who makes an account just for the sake of defending her lies.

As to the claim that "Annes" books "promote solid Catholic teaching" - well that is just a joke, a sick joke at the expense of the Catholic Church and the True apparitions. I will not even respond to the whole "you are saying that you know before the Bishops and Congregation of the Doctrine of faith" nonsense. I exposed Christina Gallagher and her minions said the same. Now they are looking to sue her because she used their money for a BMW with "outside the series" wheels, and was then condemned by the Bishop. We dont need the CDF to tell us that someone is a con-artist.
I do have a few things to say, though hopefully none will breach the forum rules regarding banned topics.

Firstly, I find the term 'Lay Apostle' to be a red flag. There isn't such thing. An apostle is a person who receives the teaching authority of the apostles through succession. This is passed down through the bishops. There isn't such thing as a Lay Apostle because there isn't such thing as a Lay Bishop. The claim to the title seems to run along the lines of heresy.

Secondly, I tried to read the Wikipedia article relating to this information but it was terrible. The criticism section was based off of a forum thread (much like this). I highly doubt (highly doubt) that this was the only complaint (see my first tiff). I've seen this with other wikipedia crusades and it only makes me more wary of the group.

-Prophecy
Old Aug 17, '10, 7:15 pm
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter

I have never heard of Kathy Clarke and her books before, but the negative remarks here are all ring true, and suggest a strong similarity between Kathy and other dubious, or condemned, private revelations. After a look at her site I am only more convinced of those negative remarks. In 30 years as an adult Catholic I have seen many dubious private revelations, and few genuine ones, and the dubious ones have various hallmarks that repeat themselves, eg. the "seer" promoting himself or herself; the "seer" welcoming the attention they receive; a large number of messages; ongoing messages; a sense of urgency and self-importance in the messages; no miracles; no (celibate) religious vocations; and, most of all - making money from their revelations!

Anyway, you never go wrong if, when you hear of a private revelation, you just ignore it and continue with sound Catholic teaching and practice, as if the revelation didn't exist. And if anyone is trying to force a private revelation on you, then you should definitely take that approach!
Old Aug 17, '10, 8:30 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmundus1581 View Post
Anyway, you never go wrong if, when you hear of a private revelation, you just ignore it and continue with sound Catholic teaching and practice, as if the revelation didn't exist. And if anyone is trying to force a private revelation on you, then you should definitely take that approach!
In general I have a policy: when news of an new APR (alleged private revelation) first reaches me, I research it to the hilt - and then ignore it.

Why?
  • 400 years later, Guadalupe is now universally received by the laity, and not just Hispanics.
  • 300 years later, First Fridays are now a universal practice and Sacred Heart pictures are in every Catholic home.
  • 180 years later, the Miraculous Medal is now a standard baby-shower accessory - not to mention an integral part of the Four-Way medal. Even men wear it.
  • 150 years later, Lourdes is universally reputed.
  • 130 years later, Knock is part of being Irish.
  • 90 years later, everyone adds the Fatima ejaculation after the rosary mysteries and investment in the brown scapular is a routine part of first communion.
There is no way to outrun an authentic PR. So what's the urgency?
Old Aug 18, '10, 5:04 am

Religion: Latin Rite Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmundus1581 View Post
I have never heard of Kathy Clarke and her books before, but the negative remarks here are all ring true, and suggest a strong similarity between Kathy and other dubious, or condemned, private revelations. After a look at her site I am only more convinced of those negative remarks. In 30 years as an adult Catholic I have seen many dubious private revelations, and few genuine ones, and the dubious ones have various hallmarks that repeat themselves, eg. the "seer" promoting himself or herself; the "seer" welcoming the attention they receive; a large number of messages; ongoing messages; a sense of urgency and self-importance in the messages; no miracles; no (celibate) religious vocations; and, most of all - making money from their revelations!

On the website she outlines how the order of 'Lay Apostle' (pulling from my celtic roots I just want to spit after I say it) is founded on her private revelation. It's weird that she could even think that this is authoritative.

“Together we will do the greatest things for heaven.”
Jesus, Volume Ten, Page 41

The greatest things are already being done/been done (Christ dying, the Great Commission, etc).

But there is another reason why I don't except her revelation.

"Kathy is making up things and using them for power, also Prophecy is a pretty sweet dude, you should like him"
Jesus, Private Revelations to Prophecy, Page 1

-Prophecy

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics