Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > Spiritual Warfare

Spiritual Warfare Click here to visit this social group

Old Sep 9, '10, 4:32 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic Christian
Send a message via Yahoo to Tonaw
Question Spiritual Dreams

Post your dreams and perhaps the Holy Spirit can help you to understand them if the Lord has a message for you in them. In NO way is there to be fortune telling or condemning of people in this forum or in the group! This is for simple advice in line with Church teaching to bring us closer to God and the Heavenly Host.

I had a dream last Saturday morning. There was Chaos in a strange place and my cousin and Mom were running around. There was somebody else with me as we were avoiding this Dark knight in black armor. (I'm thinking it was my Guardian Angel but I didn't get a good look). I saw my mom running around and she had at least 3 swords she was holding in her arms. I held out my hand to grab one and she threw me one. After that happened I got teleported behind the Evil Knight and slew him.

What I believe the Holy Spirit has shown me through this is that I must rely on the Blessed Mother more. And She will arm me with the Sword of Truth to fight the Evil one. She will guide me in the battle and bring me even closer to our Lord. She won't let you down and will always prepare you. So pick up the Weapon (The Rosary, The Gospel) and fight!

There are many more dreams.. some of which I have journaled but I will type those later. Feel free to comment and post your own dreams!
Spiritual Warfare group: http://forums.catholic.com/group.php?groupid=721

Last edited by Tonaw; Sep 9, '10 at 8:47 pm.
Old Sep 15, '10, 8:23 am
Prayer Warrior

Question Re: Spiritual Dreams

Scripture Reflection: Joseph the Patriarch, Dream Giver

Delight in the Lord, and as you dream His dream, He will conquer those things meant for evil and renew the face of the earth.

Joseph the Patriarch

"I am your brother, Joseph, whom you sold into Egypt. And now do not be distressed, or angry with yourselves, because you sold me here; for God sent me before you to preserve life … So it was not you who sent me here, but God; and he has made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house and ruler over all the land of Egypt. As for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good…”

Joseph knows what every true dreamer of God learns: that they must be rigorously tested and prepared to serve. It isn’t until the Psalms that we get a clear view of God’s plan.

“Then [God] called down a famine on the land, destroyed the grain that sustained them. He had sent a man ahead of them, Joseph, sold as a slave. They shackled his feet with chains; collared his neck in iron, Till his prediction came to pass, and the word of the LORD proved him true. The king sent and released him; the ruler of peoples set him free. He made him lord over his palace, ruler over all his possessions, To instruct his princes by his word, to teach his elders wisdom” (Psalm 105).

You may no longer be able or willing to describe it. You may have received it so long ago that you have long since renounced it as false, and even tried desperately to kill it. But your dream is still there. To abdicate the dream is as sinful as grasping at it, because the Dream Giver gave it to you. “Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart” (Psalm 37:4).

Delighting ourselves in the Lord is the long, arduous journey of obedience and instruction through risk, fear, pride, discouragement, and obstruction. What seems like a road full of obstacles is actually a series of preparations, necessary for competently living the dream that God both inspires and fulfills. The only test of whether you are a dreamer or false prophet is the fulfillment of the dream, and only those who delight in the Lord persevere long enough to do so.

If we have received a dream and truly delight in the Lord, we must anticipate arduous years of circumstances, relationships, and directors that will drive humility into the core of our soul and thus prepare us for the fulfillment. The Scriptures and Saints testify that God always deeply humbles those who are called to greatness. We need only cooperate with His actions and rest in them.

Each of Joseph’s brothers, shepherds all, received their due portion and inheritance for faithful and precious service to the family. It is imperative that most remain safely and happily at home to work and keep godly order, as important a calling as any other. But someone is called to be sold into slavery to have the presumption and pride beaten out of him so he can competently and humbly rescue the people. Someone is called to dream.

The dream that God gives will survive every servitude, constraint, humiliation, degradation, accusation, discouragement and jealousy, because it is a glimmer of the eternity of the Giver. To deny the dream God gives is to deny Him and the new creation He intends to bring to the earth through it. Delight in the Lord, and as you dream His dream, He will conquer those things meant for evil and renew the face of the earth.

------

Sonja Corbitt is a Catholic Scripture teacher, study author and speaker. She is a contributing writer for Catholic Online. Visit her at www.pursuingthesummit.com and www.pursuingthesummit.blogspot.com.

Read the full article here: http://www.catholic.org/hf/faith/sto...d=34408&page=1

More info on the Joseph of the Old Testament: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08506a.htm

Last edited by Tonaw; Sep 15, '10 at 8:39 am.
Old Sep 20, '10, 5:31 pm
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic, former Pentecostal and United Methodist
Default Re: Spiritual Dreams

When I was decerning whether or not I should join the church, I had a dream. It was a lady and man in the old west. The lady was dressed in black and the man looked like a cowboy. They were riding on a buckboard. I remember the women took out a black rope rosary and started to pray. The man was mean and took it from her threw it on the ground.I could fee a great sadness in her heart and it came over me too. I had just learned the rosary and was praying it everyday. I knew that Lord wanted me to be praying that rosary. I could decern that the women was a decendant. Up to this point I did not know of any Catholics in my family. The part of the dream that I did not realize, was that it was probably telling me that I was going to be persecuted by my husband. Oh, Lord help us to decern properly our dreams.
Old Sep 20, '10, 8:02 pm
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth40n2 View Post
When I was decerning whether or not I should join the church, I had a dream. It was a lady and man in the old west. The lady was dressed in black and the man looked like a cowboy. They were riding on a buckboard. I remember the women took out a black rope rosary and started to pray. The man was mean and took it from her threw it on the ground.I could fee a great sadness in her heart and it came over me too. I had just learned the rosary and was praying it everyday. I knew that Lord wanted me to be praying that rosary. I could decern that the women was a decendant. Up to this point I did not know of any Catholics in my family. The part of the dream that I did not realize, was that it was probably telling me that I was going to be persecuted by my husband. Oh, Lord help us to decern properly our dreams.
I've had similar dreams! When I came back to the faith a man came into my apartment. This man kept trying to break in. He grabed my family's rosarys including mine and said "I want these" as he smiled evily and was going to take them away. For some reason I had a dagger in my hand and I stabbed the evil man (in the dream!) and he laughed. He reeked of sulfer and said "You think i'm human?! ha" I twisted the knife grabbed the rosarys and he had a face of agony.
I woke up! Scared I prayed the Our Father as heartily as I could. Then I fell back asleep.
He dissappeared and I brought the dagger to the sink to wash off. As I did it reeked of a putrid stence and was a really thick nasty dark blood. I looked at the apartment doors and they were barred. I say the top lock jiggle but it didn't magiclly open as the other times he came in. Then he could not do anything and He cursed and left.

Thanks be to God! This dream helped me and my mother want to pray the rosary muuuuch more! ^_^ This was at a time when I was just begginning to get aquinted with the Rosary and Our Lady. Yeah, the devil hates the rosary and anything good. The Rosary is a powerfull tool against the devil. And the Our Father is a very powerful prayer as well.

Last edited by Tonaw; Sep 21, '10 at 8:03 am.
Old Sep 26, '10, 5:23 pm

Religion: Catholic

I've had my share of spiritual warfare and dreams. In one such dream, I was in the forest when a trickle of water splashed on my foot, soon it became a small creek and then a river that I could get into. I started swimming towards the ocean and several dolphins began to play and swim with me. Then, on a different shore I saw Jesus and I wanted to reach Him, but many sharks started to circle me and bump me. If it weren't for the dolphins I'd been dinner for the sharks. As I approached shore, I was still afraid and suddenly I felt hands grabbing my leggs and pulling me under. Jesus took my hand in his and lifted me out were I fell at His feet, I woke up rattled yet in awe and wonder.
Peace

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > Spiritual Warfare