Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > Spiritual Warfare

Spiritual Warfare Click here to visit this social group

Old Sep 17, '10, 11:27 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic Christian
Send a message via Yahoo to Tonaw
Exclamation Against Witchcraft and the Occult

Leviticus 19:26: "You shall not eat any flesh with the blood in it. You shall not practice augury or witchcraft.

Leviticus 19:31: "Do not turn to mediums or wizards; do not seek them out, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 20:6: "If a person turns to mediums and wizards, playing the harlot after them, I will set my face against that person, and will cut him off from among his people.

Leviticus 6:27: "A man or a woman who is a medium or a wizard shall be put to death; they shall be stoned with stones, their blood shall be upon them."

Deuteronomy 18:10-11: There shall not be found among you any one who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, any one who practices divination, a soothsayer, or an augur, or a sorcerer or a charmer, or a medium, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

1 Samuel 28:7-20: Then Saul said to his servants, "Seek out for me a woman who is a medium, that I may go to her and inquire of her." And his servants said to him, "Behold, there is a witch at Endor." So Saul disguised himself and put on other garments, and went, he and two men with him; and they came to the woman by night. And he said, "Divine for me by a spirit, and bring up for me whomever I shall name to you." The woman said to him, "Surely you know what Saul has done, how he has cut off the mediums and the wizards from the land. Why then are you laying a snare for my life to bring about my death?" But Saul swore to her by the LORD, "As the LORD lives, no punishment shall come upon you for this thing." Then the woman said, "Whom shall I bring up for you?" He said, "Bring up Samuel for me." When the woman saw Samuel, she cried out with a loud voice; and the woman said to Saul, "Why have you deceived me? You are Saul." The king said to her, "Have no fear; what do you see?" And the woman said to Saul, "I see a god coming up out of the earth." He said to her, "What is his appearance?" And she said, "An old man is coming up; and he is wrapped in a robe." And Saul knew that it was Samuel, and he bowed with his face to the ground, and did obeisance. Then Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?" Saul answered, "I am in great distress; for the Philistines are warring against me, and God has turned away from me and answers me no more, either by prophets or by dreams; therefore I have summoned you to tell me what I shall do." And Samuel said, "Why then do you ask me, since the LORD has turned from you and become your enemy? The LORD has done to you as he spoke by me; for the LORD has torn the kingdom out of your hand, and given it to your neighbor, David. Because you did not obey the voice of the LORD, and did not carry out his fierce wrath against Amalek, therefore the LORD has done this thing to you this day. Moreover the LORD will give Israel also with you into the hand of the Philistines; and tomorrow you and your sons shall be with me; the LORD will give the army of Israel also into the hand of the Philistines." Then Saul fell at once full length upon the ground, filled with fear because of the words of Samuel; and there was no strength in him, for he had eaten nothing all day and all night.

2 Kings 17:17: And they burned their sons and their daughters as offerings, and used divination and sorcery, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, provoking him to anger.

2 Chronicles 33:6: And he burned his sons as an offering in the valley of the son of Hinnom, and practiced soothsaying and augury and sorcery, and dealt with mediums and with wizards. He did much evil in the sight of the LORD, provoking him to anger.

Wisdom 12:4: thou didst hate for their detestable practices, their works of sorcery and unholy rites,

Malachi 3:5: "Then I will draw near to you for judgment; I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who swear falsely, against those who oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow and the orphan, against those who thrust aside the sojourner, and do not fear me, says the LORD of hosts.

Galatians 5:19-21: Now the works of the flesh are plain: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 18:23: and the light of a lamp shall shine in thee no more; and the voice of bridegroom and bride shall be heard in thee no more; for thy merchants were the great men of the earth, and all nations were deceived by thy sorcery.

Revelation 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, as for murderers, fornicators, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their lot shall be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death."

Revelation 22: 15: Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and fornicators and murderers and idolaters, and every one who loves and practices falsehood.

Revelation 22: 15: Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and fornicators and murderers and idolaters, and every one who loves and practices falsehood.
Spiritual Warfare group: http://forums.catholic.com/group.php?groupid=721
Old Sep 27, '10, 5:12 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Send a message via AIM to Holly3278 Send a message via MSN to Holly3278 Send a message via Yahoo to Holly3278
Default Re: Against Witchcraft and the Occult

Yep! Witchcraft and the Occult are clearly condemned by the Bible and by Sacred Tradition! Here is an excellent article on Witchcraft by Catholic Answers:

http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2008/0807fea4.asp

Also, we know that reincarnation and astrology are common features of Occultism and Witchcraft so here are two articles from Catholic Answers which contain quotes from the Early Church Fathers about each:

http://www.catholic.com/library/Astrology.asp

http://www.catholic.com/library/Reincarnation.asp

"If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." -- Saint Augustine of Hippo

"The holy Rosary is a powerful weapon. Use it with confidence and you'll be amazed at the results."
--St. Josemaria Escriva

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
--Saint Dominic

"Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world."
--Blessed Pope Pius IX

Our Lady's 15 Promises to Those Who Pray the Rosary

Come, pray the Rosary

My Live Journal

Holly's Catholic Blog
Old Nov 12, '10, 8:14 pm

Religion: Returned Roman Catholic

I ask, how do you know when your gifts are good or evil? I had gifts as a child. I was only told that gifts of any kind were evil, with no further explanation. So I slowly but surely, over the course of the years, delved deeper and deeper into divination and witchcraft.

I find myself now, coming back to Christ. And I am truly afraid of using my gifts. I am truly afraid that I will wind up used by the devil.

And I am truly afraid for the 8 year olds out there who are like I were, who may be left without answers to their questions. I worry about the futures of their souls.

Somebody, please answer me.
Old Nov 13, '10, 6:43 pm
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic, former Pentecostal and United Methodist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna82 View Post
I ask, how do you know when your gifts are good or evil? I had gifts as a child. I was only told that gifts of any kind were evil, with no further explanation. So I slowly but surely, over the course of the years, delved deeper and deeper into divination and witchcraft.

I find myself now, coming back to Christ. And I am truly afraid of using my gifts. I am truly afraid that I will wind up used by the devil.

And I am truly afraid for the 8 year olds out there who are like I were, who may be left without answers to their questions. I worry about the futures of their souls.

Test your gifts, are they in line with the Holy Scriptures? Here is a website about the gifts of the Holy Spirit. http://www.saint-mike.org/library/ru...tual_gifts.asp

What kind of gifts are you referring to? It is sad that you got into the bad stuff because of lack of good spiritual direction. Let me know what gifts you have and how they line up with the gifts on this website.
Old Nov 14, '10, 1:58 pm
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna82 View Post

Well continue to pray for protection against these occult things. What are your gifts? Why do you use them? These are questions you must find out and then see how they align with good. Are these gifts merely casting spells to gain power selfishly? If so this should not be done. But if you are poetic then you can give great praises to God and use your gift for good. God knows other gifts you have that you haven't realized yet but will realize once you enter into a deeper communion with Him. If you would like to talk about these "gifts" privately then feel free to send me a PM. But I would say that the gift of discernment of spirits can only help you. If you see a demon you pray to God fervently. Don't converse with it, demons only want to harm you. God only allows spirits to be seen to bring His children closer to him. Peace be with you.
Old Nov 27, '10, 9:54 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Syro Malabar Catholic

Hi All,
I have been away from this forum for a little while because of work, travel etc.. But it feels good to be back. I have something to post here basically to add this too in your prayers.

Recently I have been informed of a kind of curse that fell on our family long long time ago. It happened during my grand parents time when my Grand Parents migarted to the Northern Part of the souther stake of Kerala in India. The area was predominantly Hindu and naturally he had to buy the land from the local people and there was a small temple or more accurately an alter for their snake god in the land he bought. This was there our land for long time, i personally remember playing with my cousins around that area with my cousins. Later may be around 15 or 20 years ago brothers of my father had distroyed it. It was in our land and we are hardcore catholics. They didn't think of any implications. No one had any info on this "curse" stuff. But those two brothers has some ailements all the time and we always have trouble at home. I do not want to get into details. Its more like no success coming home. But we never thought it could be due to the history with the alter of the Hindu snake god.

Last week my brother was guided to person who are blessed with may spiritual gift and they had an opportunity to pray together and to have a spiritual counselling. During this my brother was told about this incident through holispirit and asked to seek prayer help. Myself and my brother decided to observe 9 days lent and do novenas. Well I am visiting my home the coming second saturday with the statue of our Lady of Lourde that i bought from Lourde a three weeks ago.

I believe people in this group will understand it better. We are trying to ward of all the evil influences that may have on our family. Please for us. When you pray for protection from evil spirits, please remember me and my family.

With prayers,
Joe
Old Nov 28, '10, 2:43 pm
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeantony View Post
Recently I have been informed of a kind of curse that fell on our family long long time ago. It happened during my grand parents time when my Grand Parents migarted to the Northern Part of the souther stake of Kerala in India. The area was predominantly Hindu and naturally he had to buy the land from the local people and there was a small temple or more accurately an alter for their snake god in the land he bought. This was there our land for long time, i personally remember playing with my cousins around that area with my cousins. Later may be around 15 or 20 years ago brothers of my father had distroyed it. It was in our land and we are hardcore catholics. They didn't think of any implications. No one had any info on this "curse" stuff. But those two brothers has some ailements all the time and we always have trouble at home. I do not want to get into details. Its more like no success coming home. But we never thought it could be due to the history with the alter of the Hindu snake god.

During this my brother was told about this incident through holispirit and asked to seek prayer help. Myself and my brother decided to observe 9 days lent and do novenas.

Please for us. When you pray for protection from evil spirits, please remember me and my family.
One thing to remember is that this Hindu Snake god is not even real. If there is a curse then it is a demon and not a God. The thing is that when you live in God's grace no curse can destroy you. Blessings cancel Curses. There may be some demonic oppression here, continue to do as you have been led and live in the will of God. God's power is so great that it makes demons look like lil ants.

On a lighter note, did you know that all snakes are edible? Even the most poisonous ones? All you have to do is cut the head of and then you can eat it raw. It's the one of the best survival foods in the desert. With a long stick and some rocks you can kill one easily. They aren't that smart and human weapons kind of trick them. Once I learned this it made snakes not nearly as scary to me.

Have Faith and Trust in the Lord and his Celestial Court. Your Guardian Angel will protect you from any curses that may be about. Pray the Rosary every day, but don't just say the Hail Marys.. Enter into each mystery and meditate upon it. Just as when we enter into the Consecration at Holy Mass. Continue to live in God and the Lord will remove the fear. For Jesus Himself says
"Fear is useless, what is needed is Trust" (Luke 8:50, Mark 5:36)
Old Dec 1, '10, 8:43 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Syro Malabar Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonaw View Post
One thing to remember is that this Hindu Snake god is not even real. If there is a curse then it is a demon and not a God. The thing is that when you live in God's grace no curse can destroy you. Blessings cancel Curses. There may be some demonic oppression here, continue to do as you have been led and live in the will of God. God's power is so great that it makes demons look like lil ants.

On a lighter note, did you know that all snakes are edible? Even the most poisonous ones? All you have to do is cut the head of and then you can eat it raw. It's the one of the best survival foods in the desert. With a long stick and some rocks you can kill one easily. They aren't that smart and human weapons kind of trick them. Once I learned this it made snakes not nearly as scary to me.

Have Faith and Trust in the Lord and his Celestial Court. Your Guardian Angel will protect you from any curses that may be about. Pray the Rosary every day, but don't just say the Hail Marys.. Enter into each mystery and meditate upon it. Just as when we enter into the Consecration at Holy Mass. Continue to live in God and the Lord will remove the fear. For Jesus Himself says
"Fear is useless, what is needed is Trust" (Luke 8:50, Mark 5:36)
Hey Tony,

I loved your facts about snakes, yes i heard people in china eat them. lol
We might still have some snake charmers in India.
About the snake god (no caps) , I know there is no other God than the one that we believe. Worshiping those so called gods are common thing here. But are they just not real. Most of the rituals and ceremonies deal with calling on spiritis and thus without they knowing themselves they are dealing with evil spirits. And witchcrafts is very common in their circles and kind of daily routine for them. It has its negative force around all those ceremonies. And confronting them will get you into trouble unless you don't have the right weapon. You know what i am talking about it.

Again if you prefer to take it as a coincidence, myself and my bro decided on 9 days of novena along with the advent observation that is starting today. And from the next day our father is in the hospital and had a cardiac surgery now safe in ICU. I just came back after three days in the hospital. Thats why such late reply. For me and my bro it looks like somebody didn't like what we decided to do. Anyway no going back, we know who is with us.

It was nice hearing you after long time.

With prayers,
Joe
Old Oct 30, '11, 6:37 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Faithful to Pope Francis~ Roman Catholic

Hey what do you all think about Reiki? I cant remember if Ive already asked this, I dont think I have, but I did reiki years ago, got qualified as a teacher and I was told that the power of reiki is the same power Jesus used to heal people. In fact doing reiki is what lead me to the arms of Jesus...

"O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee"

Where to send your petitions -
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=451946
Old Oct 30, '11, 7:20 pm
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic, former Pentecostal and United Methodist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine85 View Post
Hey what do you all think about Reiki? I cant remember if Ive already asked this, I dont think I have, but I did reiki years ago, got qualified as a teacher and I was told that the power of reiki is the same power Jesus used to heal people. In fact doing reiki is what lead me to the arms of Jesus...
Here is one Bishops response. http://ncronline.org/news/spirituali...eiki-treatment

Another article http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...lic_church.php
Old Oct 30, '11, 7:37 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Faithful to Pope Francis~ Roman Catholic

Oh dear this really freaks me out, because I had been taught to believe it was a good thing., you know when the "reiki master" teaching me was "attuning" me I had a vision of my head opening up and her putting something inside my head, I feel scared when I think , what on earth was that all about, perhaps this could be the reason I have had evil follow me in my life,. Luckily I just called an Exorcist I know and am waiting for his call back. I feel so dirty. How do I get rid of this thing they call a "gift"

"O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee"

Where to send your petitions -
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=451946
Old Jun 24, '12, 3:46 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine85 View Post
Oh dear this really freaks me out, because I had been taught to believe it was a good thing., you know when the "reiki master" teaching me was "attuning" me I had a vision of my head opening up and her putting something inside my head, I feel scared when I think , what on earth was that all about, perhaps this could be the reason I have had evil follow me in my life,. Luckily I just called an Exorcist I know and am waiting for his call back. I feel so dirty. How do I get rid of this thing they call a "gift"
If you are not possessed, but only oppressed and or obsessed by demons, you do not need an exorcism. Exorcisms are only preformed on the possessed.

Any priest can pray a deliverence prayer over you so maybe you should ask another priest about that.

"The Eucharist is the supreme proof of the Love of Jesus. After this, there is nothing more but Heaven."--St. Peter Julian Eymard

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > Spiritual Warfare