Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Liturgy and Sacraments

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Apr 16, '05, 7:35 pm
Banned

Religion: Catholic
Default Cardinal Biffi says Antichrist is among us.

In researching the Cardinals who will be voting in the conclave, I ran accross Cardinal Biffi. He is said to be a good friend of Cardinal Ratizinger and considered very conservative.

The following is taken from cardinalrating.com:

Translation (automatic):Article in GermanArticle in FrenchArticle in SpanishArticle in ItalianArticle in Portuguese Vegetarian Antichrist is 'Walking Among Us'
Sept 18, 2004
Cardinal Giacomo Biffi, 71, the Archbishop of Bologna said that the "Antichrist" was already on Earth in the guise of a prominent philanthropist whose concern for human rights and the environment and advocacy of ecumenicism masks his real aim: the destruction of Christianity and "the death of God".

(6 March 2000) Cardinal Biffi said the Antichrist was not the beast with seven heads described in the Book of Revelation but a "fascinating personality" whose outward charm and plausibility had deceived his enemies. The cardinal said the Antichrist espoused vegetarianism, pacifism, environmentalism and animal rights.

He also identified the Antichrist as an expert on the Bible who nonetheless promotes "vague and fashionable spiritual values" rather than the Scriptures. He [the antichrist] advocates ecumenical dialogue between the Roman Catholic Church and other Christian denominations, including Anglicanism and the Orthodox Church. This appeared to be a worthy aim, but was in fact being used by the Antichrist in an attempt to water down and undermine Catholicism to the point where it collapsed.

The cardinal did not say whether he had any particular world figure in mind, and his real target seemed to be the substitution of "feel-good" causes, such as ecology and humanitarian aid, for "true religion".

Cardinal Biffi was speaking at a conference in Bologna on the work of Vladimir Solovyov (1853-1900), the Russian philosopher and mystic, whom he praised as a "forgotten prophet" who had "lucidly foreseen" the horrors of the 20th century. In his last writings, the cardinal said, Solovyov had predicted the rise of the Antichrist after a century of bloodshed, wars, revolutions and the breakdown of the nation state.
Old Apr 16, '05, 7:57 pm

Send a message via AIM to Lisa4Catholics
Default Re: Cardinal Biffi says Antichrist is among us.

What are you trying to say? Is this another subtle attack on the Pope?And Vatican 2?Your posts are so transparent your bold and underlined words emphasise your beliefs
Old Apr 16, '05, 8:09 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa4Catholics
What are you trying to say? Is this another subtle attack on the Pope?And Vatican 2?Your posts are so transparent your bold and underlined words emphasise your beliefs
Yes, I agree with the Cardinal. I agree particularly with the portion I underlined, which is why I underlined it.

Do you think the Cardinal was attacking the Pope and Vatican II? Or do you think he was simply saying what he believes?
Old Apr 16, '05, 8:14 pm

Well,I know the Pope said to the Cardinals to look at the signs,that the anti-Christ was alive and waiting to take the stage.The Church teachings being exploited by radicals who use Vatican 2 andmake it what it was never meant to be is a far cry from Vatican2 and the Pope being in league with the anti-Christ
Old Apr 16, '05, 8:22 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa4Catholics
Well,I know the Pope said to the Cardinals to look at the signs,that the anti-Christ was alive and waiting to take the stage.The Church teachings being exploited by radicals who use Vatican 2 andmake it what it was never meant to be is a far cry from Vatican2 and the Pope being in league with the anti-Christ
Now, who said that the previous Pope and Vatican II were "in league with the anti-Christ"? Neither I, nor the Cardinal said that: those are your words.
Old Apr 16, '05, 8:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSiscoe
Now, who said that the previous Pope and Vatican II were "in league with the anti-Christ"? Neither I, nor the Cardinal said that: those are your words.
Don't play games your subtle implications,bolds and underlines coupled with the rest of your post are quite obvious Here is another one of your threads http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=50190
Old Apr 16, '05, 8:30 pm
Banned

Religion: Roman Catholic under Benedict XVI
Send a message via Yahoo to Lovez4God

So what's the difference between the beast with seven heads described in Revelation and this person anti-christ? Is this the Anti-Christ?
How can we be so sure?
Old Apr 16, '05, 8:32 pm
Book Club Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Dr. Bombay

Alright, Siscoe, why don't you just come right out and say what you are implying by posting the private opinion of one cardinal?

No need for anymore bolds and underlines. Just come out and say it.
Old Apr 16, '05, 8:36 pm
Forum Elder
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic: Revert
Thumbs down Re: Cardinal Biffi says Antichrist is among us.

Frankly, I could care less what some cardinal that I've never heard of said or how anyone else rates them. I disagree with all those who have low opinions of JPII amd Vat II because I know that what I have read has been dead on the money.

I really think that all those who are rating this cardinal or that or are making statements about what they think the church should do should button their lip except to pray diligently that the Holy Spirit guide them as they elect our next pontiff. I plan to line up behind the next pope and follow Christ all the way. I don't care what anyone on here says. I'm ashamed of those who knock His Holiness and I agree with the saying that some folks seem to feel that they're "holier than the pope". Catholics need to knock off all the whinin' and cryin' and practice some of the obediance that has always been part of our most holy faith.

Those who dissent or feel they can do a better job should either get to work, or get outta the way of those of us who love the church and have to be about Our Father's business.
Pax vobiscum,

Old Apr 16, '05, 8:47 pm

I don't get it. If Pope John Paul II was the Anti-Christ, then why did his writings bring me closer to Christ?

I guess the "antichrist" failed in his mission. Pfft...
Old Apr 16, '05, 8:48 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bombay
Alright, Siscoe, why don't you just come right out and say what you are implying by posting the private opinion of one cardinal?

No need for anymore bolds and underlines. Just come out and say it.
The Cardinal said it for me: I believe ecumenism is a deceipt of the anti-Christ. True ecumenism seeks to bring those outside of the Church into the one true Church. False ecumenism, on the other hand (which is practiced by most today), seeks to unite the true religion with false religions. Under the pontificate of John Paul II, Fr. Kaspers was promoted to Bishop and then Cardinal. Then he was made the president of "The Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity". The following is what Cardinal Kasper said about the current ecumenical movement:

"Today we no longer understand ecumenism in the sense of the ecumenism of return, by which the others would 'be converted' and return to being 'Catholics'... each church has its own riches and gifts of the Spirit, and it is this exchange that unity is trying to be achieved, and not in the fact that we should become 'Protestants', or that the others should become 'Catholics' in the sense of accepting the confessional form of Catholicism."

This was spoken by the person appointed under John Paul II to promote "Christian Unity", and it expresses a completely heretical idea of "unity"

So yes, I agree with Cardinal Biffi, that, the current ecumenical movement appears "to be a worthy aim, but [is] in fact being used by the Antichrist in an attempt to water down and undermine Catholicism to the point where it collapsed."

Now, if you are interested in reading the Catholic view of true ecumenism, I would suggest the following encyclical by Pope Pius XI:

http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Pius11/P11MORTA.HTM
Old Apr 16, '05, 8:51 pm

Doesn't BFI make porta-potties? Oh wait you said BIFI...

just kidding...

I'm not too terribly concerned. Jesus told us there would be MANY false prophets and false messiahs....and I think St. Paul mentioned there would be many ant-Christs...

Satan does walk the earth...
Old Apr 16, '05, 9:02 pm
Banned

Religion: Roman Catholic under Benedict XVI
Send a message via Yahoo to Lovez4God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeks God
Doesn't BFI make porta-potties? Oh wait you said BIFI...

just kidding...

I'm not too terribly concerned. Jesus told us there would be MANY false prophets and false messiahs....and I think St. Paul mentioned there would be many ant-Christs...

Satan does walk the earth...
Now, this reminds me of my past posts..Vern guy suggested that I was flirting with heresy if I say the anti-christ was satan's messenger. Well, I can tell you this. He's right to the extent that Satan can't walk the earth literally, somehow mimmick the act of incarnation. This I highly reject!
This also comes from the Bible. "Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that Antichrist cometh, even now there are many Antichrists."
Old Apr 16, '05, 9:11 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSiscoe
The Cardinal said it for me: I believe ecumenism is a deceipt of the anti-Christ. True ecumenism seeks to bring those outside of the Church into the one true Church. False ecumenism, on the other hand (which is practiced by most today), seeks to unite the true religion with false religions. Under the pontificate of John Paul II, Fr. Kaspers was promoted to Bishop and then Cardinal. Then he was made the president of "The Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity". The following is what Cardinal Kasper said about the current ecumenical movement:

"Today we no longer understand ecumenism in the sense of the ecumenism of return, by which the others would 'be converted' and return to being 'Catholics'... each church has its own riches and gifts of the Spirit, and it is this exchange that unity is trying to be achieved, and not in the fact that we should become 'Protestants', or that the others should become 'Catholics' in the sense of accepting the confessional form of Catholicism."

This was spoken by the person appointed under John Paul II to promote "Christian Unity", and it expresses a completely heretical idea of "unity"

So yes, I agree with Cardinal Biffi, that, the current ecumenical movement appears "to be a worthy aim, but [is] in fact being used by the Antichrist in an attempt to water down and undermine Catholicism to the point where it collapsed."

Now, if you are interested in reading the Catholic view of true ecumenism, I would suggest the following encyclical by Pope Pius XI:

http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Pius11/P11MORTA.HTM
So you really were saying that Pope John Paul II was the anti-christ? What a joke! I guess the Illuminati is controlling the Church too, right? When are the aliens coming? Or are the masons the aliens? I cannot believe this BS. Have you even read the Vatican II documents?
Old Apr 16, '05, 9:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike248
So you really were saying that Pope John Paul II was the anti-christ? What a joke! I guess the Illuminati is controlling the Church too, right? When are the aliens coming? Or are the masons the aliens? I cannot believe this BS.
This poster ends up starting dog fights

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Liturgy and Sacraments