Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Nov 12, '10, 1:08 am
Forum Master

Religion: Catholic
Default Please Pray for my friend's mother who is ill, hospitalized, & unmotivated

* What is stated is copied from my friend's blog I removed the names for privacy.

This woman definitely needs our Prayers...

She is a mother of two beautiful daughters (one happens to be a really good friend of mine) and her parents love her unconditionally.

November.4th/10/Thurs.- My friend's mother was taken to the hospital for a bad case of cellulitis. She's been getting these infections for over two years. All the doctors ever do is give antibiotics and send her home, but finally one of the doctors at Urgent Care said enough is enough and put her in the hospital. Basically the lower half of her body is infected, the worse area is her left leg. Later on that day, her mother was retaining water and swelling and infection spread to her bladder so she had a UTI. They gave her Levaquin antibiotics,

November 7th/10/Sun- The medical staff moved her mom to ICU.

November 9th/10/Tues.- My friend saw her mom again...Her mom slept most of the day...The doctor informed my friend that they are transferring her to a different hospital in Petoskey, MI. because she may need kidney dialysis, and they don't have the machine there. They are worried that she's not producing enough urine and that could make her sick if she not eliminating the toxins out of her body.

My friend's suspicions are that the narcotic pain medications she was taking for her Fibromyalgia, etc. compromised her kidney function. Hopefully she doesn't have any permanent damage.

Petoskey is about 35-38 miles away from where my friend and her family live.

November 11th/10/Thurs- My friend visited her mom in ICU. Her mother doesn't really need to be in ICU the only reason why she's still in there is because there isn't enough rooms.

Her nurse says that everything that has happened with her is totally fixable, but she needs to participate in getting herself healed. A few days ago, she didn't want a catheter, but they made her get one, now she doesn't want to get up and go to the bathroom on her own, so they can't take it out, which means, the more she resists, the longer she's going to have to stay there. She won't do her breathing exercises, she won't stay awake. I don't know what to do with her. When her Grandpa, younger sister and my friend went to see her yesterday, she was awake for the first 5 minutes we were there, then they moved her back into bed, and she fell asleep and wouldn't wake up for the rest of the time we stayed. I tried to talk to her and Grandpa tried to talk to her, but she barely acknowledged we were there. I don't know why she sleeps so much. I'm pretty sure they aren't letting her have heavy narcotics anymore, but she's still sleeping. I wonder if it's psychological? Maybe they should have a Psychologist talk to her. I just don't know what to do anymore, I don't know how to motivate her to get strong enough to come home. They said they were going to send her to a nursing home if she didn't cooperate.

Please pray for her. Pray she finds the motivation to move. Please recommend this post to pass along the prayer request. Thank you!
"I thirst, I thirst for Jesus alone! Happy the souls who suffer in secret, known to God alone! How I love a soul suffering with patience, hidden with God alone! Once you have given God something, you must never take it back." ~ Blessed Maryam Bawārdī
Old Nov 12, '10, 4:40 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: joyfully Catholic
Default Re: Please Pray for my friend's mother who is ill, hospitalized, & unmotivated

Father I commend to you this woman who feels so discouraged, weary, and unwell.
Please bless her, and give comfort to those who love her.
as if each person is the only loved one.
JESUS please welcome each person with love, healing, and great joy!
Thank You JESUS

Mother Mary at the wedding feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
though JESUS protested it was not yet time for miracles
you successfully interceded with Him for a family's temporal need
please now intercede with your divine Son
for each person's temporal and spiritual needs.
Thank you Mother

JESUS please grant our prayer for this person

Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Old Nov 12, '10, 7:46 am
Prayer Warrior

Default Re: Please Pray for my friend's mother who is ill, hospitalized, & unmotivated

praying
Old Nov 12, '10, 8:55 am
Prayer Warrior

Lord, today help this woman to feel your presence. She is despairing and needs your Spirit to flow through her and renew her will. Please dear God stand by the family members as they are feeling helpless and sad that their loved one is so sad and listless. If it is your will Lord, restore health and vitality to this loving mother and light up her kind and loving spirit. Amen

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not believe, no explanation is possible."
Old Nov 12, '10, 10:00 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Praying hard.
Old Nov 12, '10, 10:34 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic(cradle)
Send a message via MSN to sidhe54 Send a message via Yahoo to sidhe54
Post Re: Please Pray for my friend's mother who is ill, hospitalized, & unmotivated

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins,
my Mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

Praying as well for the intercession of St. Lydwine of Shiedham, patroness of those
afflicted with prolonged suffering. Adding prayers to St. John of God, St. Camillus, St. Giles,St. Benedict of Nursia, St. Drogo, St. Aelred,
St. Margaret of Antioch, St. Ursus of Aosta, St. Ursus of Ravenna,
St Dymphna and Servant of God Fr Nelson Baker also for cure for her infections and possible depression and for all those so afflicted, whether able to post or not...

Venerable
Fr. Nelson Baker
http://www.ourladyofvictory.org/Fath...r/Welcome.html

Trust in Jesus, offer up your sorrows, joys, and everything in between.
Greater is He within me, than he who comes at me
Old Nov 12, '10, 2:24 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

An Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be and a Fatima Prayer for the friend's mother's recovery and also for her family who are distressed at her illness.
---God may be calling you to the Third Order of St Francis - Ordo Franciscanus Saecularis---
Old Nov 12, '10, 5:23 pm
Prayer Warrior

Praying for a renewed commitment to healing for this lovely lady. Amen
Old Nov 12, '10, 5:45 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Old Nov 12, '10, 9:43 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Lord, please send your Holy Spirit to this woman to get her motivated to get well again. Help her to carry her cross and to be strong spiritually. May she be centered on you and keep up praying to you for the strength she needs to carry on. Please heal her spiritually and help her to be in a state of grace so nothing will ever be between herself and you. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.
Old Nov 15, '10, 5:11 am
Forum Master
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic

Praying for this woman ...
"For with God nothing will be impossible! " (Luke 1:37)
Old Nov 23, '10, 10:25 pm
Forum Master

UPDATE: November.12th, Friday- My friend's mother was transferred to a nursing home. My friend told me that her mother suffers from depression and is in much need of a therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist but unfortunately her insurcance doesn't cover it.

God bless you for your continued Prayers. Amen.
"I thirst, I thirst for Jesus alone! Happy the souls who suffer in secret, known to God alone! How I love a soul suffering with patience, hidden with God alone! Once you have given God something, you must never take it back." ~ Blessed Maryam Bawārdī
Old Nov 23, '10, 11:05 pm
Forum Master

Our Lady, Health of the Sick, I look to you for the comfort of a mother's love,
I pray to you on behalf of those who are suffering and for my own healing needs.

Mary, your love strengthens me and brings me peace.

Our Lady, Health of the Sick, embrace all who are emotionally and physically ill
that they may return to good health under your tender care.
And please intercede for my very special needs (state your needs/intention.) for my friend's mother and all in need of thy mercy

Mary, your motherly love strengthens me and brings me peace. Amen.

http://www.2heartsnetwork.org/OLHealing.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prayer in Honor of St. Dymphna (from the St. Dymphna Devotion):

Lord, God, Who have graciously chosen St. Dymphna to be the patroness of those afflicted with mental and nervous disorders, and have caused her to an inspiration and a symbol of charity to the thousands who invoke her intercession, grant, through the prayers of this pure , youthful martyr, relief and consolation to all who suffer from theses disturbances, and especially to those for whom we pray.

(Here mention those for whom you wish to pray.) for my friend's mother and all in need of thy mercy.

We beg You to accept and to satisfy the prayers of St. Dymphna on our behalf. Grant to those we have particularly recommended patience, in their sufferings and resignation to Your Divine Will. Fill them with hope and, if it be in accord with You Divine Plan, bestow upon them the cure they so earnestly desire. Through Christ, our Lord, Amen.

http://www.aumcreations.com/cosmicco...ntsDymphna.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Prayer Against Skin Disease to St. Peregrine

O glorious wonder worker, Saint Peregrine, you who answered the divine call with a ready spirit, forsaking all the comforts of a life of ease and all the empty honors of the world, to dedicate yourself to God in the Order of His most Holy Mother; you who labored manfully for the salvation of souls, merting the title Apostle of Emilia; you who in union with Jesus crucified, endured the most painful sufferings with such patience so as to deserve to be miraculously healed from an incurable wound in your leg by Him with a touch of His divine hand: obtain for us, we pray, the grace to answer every call from God; enkindle in our hearts a consuming zeal for the salvation of souls; deliver us from the infirmities that so often afflict our bodies; and obtain for us the grace of perfect resignation to the sufferings which may be sent to us; so may we, imitating your virtues and tenderly loving our crucified Lord and his sorrowful Mother, be enabled to merit glory everlasting in paradise. We ask this in the name of Jesus the Lord. Amen.

St. Anthony the Abbot, St. George, St. Marculf, St. Peregrine, St. Roch Patron saints against skin disease please Pray for my friend mother and all in need of thy mercy.
Amen.

http://saints.sqpn.com/patrons-against-skin-diseases/
Old Nov 24, '10, 12:18 am
Forum Master

God bless you for your continued prayers on behalf of my friend, her mother, and her family. Please include the medical staff in your (daily) Prayers as well. Amen.

I pray to you on behalf of those who are suffering and for my own healing needs.

Our Lady, Health of the Sick, embrace all who are emotionally and physically ill
And please intercede for my very special needs (state your needs/intention.) for my friend's mother and all in need of thy mercy

Lord, God, Who have graciously chosen St. Dymphna to be the patroness of those afflicted with mental and nervous disorders, and have caused her to an inspiration and a symbol of charity to the thousands who invoke her intercession, grant, through the prayers of this pure , youthful martyr, relief and consolation to all who suffer from theses disturbances, and especially to those for whom we pray.

(Here mention those for whom you wish to pray.) for my friend's mother and all in need of thy mercy.

We beg You to accept and to satisfy the prayers of St. Dymphna on our behalf. Grant to those we have particularly recommended patience, in their sufferings and resignation to Your Divine Will. Fill them with hope and, if it be in accord with You Divine Plan, bestow upon them the cure they so earnestly desire. Through Christ, our Lord, Amen.

O glorious wonder worker, Saint Peregrine, you who answered the divine call with a ready spirit, forsaking all the comforts of a life of ease and all the empty honors of the world, to dedicate yourself to God in the Order of His most Holy Mother; you who labored manfully for the salvation of souls, merting the title Apostle of Emilia; you who in union with Jesus crucified, endured the most painful sufferings with such patience so as to deserve to be miraculously healed from an incurable wound in your leg by Him with a touch of His divine hand: obtain for us, we pray, the grace to answer every call from God; enkindle in our hearts a consuming zeal for the salvation of souls; deliver us from the infirmities that so often afflict our bodies; and obtain for us the grace of perfect resignation to the sufferings which may be sent to us; so may we, imitating your virtues and tenderly loving our crucified Lord and his sorrowful Mother, be enabled to merit glory everlasting in paradise. We ask this in the name of Jesus the Lord. Amen.

St. Anthony the Abbot, St. George, St. Marculf, St. Peregrine, St. Roch Patron saints against skin disease please Pray for my friend mother and all in need of thy mercy.
Amen.

Old Jan 17, '11, 7:57 pm
Forum Master

UPDATE: Dec.7th, Tuesday, 2010 this woman arrived home from the nursing home. According to my friend she is doing much better but still is recovering...God bless you for your continued prayers.

Amen.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions