Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Apr 24, '05, 3:35 am

Religion: Catholic
Default CBS News

As I’m watching the Mass I'm surfing the net and came across cbsnews.com. I was watching video from the past week and I'm very confused on where they get their information. Harry Smith keeps referring that Catholic churches are empty and kids are no where to be seen. Do you think they know our Church has more than 1 Mass on Sunday?

I also saw Colmes on Fox news try to start a division between Catholics and Protestants when they interviewed Dr. Dobson. Is this the Democrats new strategy divide and concur?

http://www.jesusandmary.org/members.htm
Old Apr 24, '05, 4:16 am

Default Re: CBS News

Colmes' has shown complete resregard towards sacred teachings even though he says he believes in God. I am no fan and have, for the most part, stopped watching Hannity & Colmes because of this
Old Apr 24, '05, 5:54 am
Account Under Review
Forum Supporter

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default There is a lot of defaming of the Holy Father and Catholics

from some of those "Christians." And I find is quite disturbing when I see Catholics cozying up to and being used by them and their organizations. Dr. Mohler (Southern Baptist on TV all the time and colleague of Dr. Dobson) is just one of those "Christians." He's prominently quoted (from his Larry King appearance) on a website devoted to denouncing Catholics and the papacy. Here's what many of them REALLY think of us. And this is from their leadership...
"As an evangelical, I believe that the Roman Catholic Church is a false church and it teaches a false gospel. Indeed, I believe that the pope himself holds a false and unbiblical office." Pope John Paul II has redefined Christianity and the gospel... "He has actually embraced all monotheists, both Jews and followers of Islam as long as they’re sincere."

Old Apr 24, '05, 5:56 am

Their real aim is ratings, which come fom controversy more than harmony. They aren't interested in truth, just instant coverage presented as "in depth" analysis.
Main stream media is dying, and they are gasping for their last breaths. The best solution: turn 'em off.
Old Apr 24, '05, 6:03 am
Veteran Member

I can't watch CBS anymore. I know you said you were channel surfing. That happens to me everytime I try to see what they are saying on any of the alphabet stations. Nonsense!
Old Apr 25, '05, 12:40 am

The radio station where I work (& am at this moment) runs CBS news every hour on the hour. I get the joy of 6 minutes of this dribble they call news everyday. Worse of all, after all the liberal "journalism" they advertise erectile disfunction & male emhancement drugs & WORST OF ALL they then have a 30 second message from Fr. John Coutour & he asks people to visit his website messegerofjoy.com.

CBS news is horrible.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News