Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > Converting to the Catholic Faith

Converting to the Catholic Faith Click here to visit this social group

Old Apr 2, '11, 8:08 pm

Religion: Catholic RCIA Candidate
Default Re: Please introduce yourself!

I was raised and confirmed in the Episcopal Church. As an adult I drifted away from Christianity and rarely attended church. Fourteen months ago while soul-searching I tried reading the Bible, and this connected me with Jesus in a way I hadn’t felt in a long time. I wanted to start attending church but wasn’t sure which denomination. I came across a Catholic prayer book and as I read it I was drawn to the Catholic faith. Then I read ‘Pillar of Fire Pillar of Truth’ and I felt drawn to Catholicism even more. By this time I couldn’t wait to attend my first Mass. When I did it was wonderful. It felt like I’d come home. I thank the Holy Spirit for guiding me to the Catholic Church.

I started RCIA last September, and I plan to be confirmed and receive first communion in 3 weeks at the Easter Vigil.

This is a great group. Thank you Church Militant for running it. I read your Testimony and what a story.
Old Apr 3, '11, 8:02 am
Forum Elder
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic: Revert
Smile Re: Please introduce yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanG6 View Post
I was raised and confirmed in the Episcopal Church. As an adult I drifted away from Christianity and rarely attended church. Fourteen months ago while soul-searching I tried reading the Bible, and this connected me with Jesus in a way I hadn’t felt in a long time. I wanted to start attending church but wasn’t sure which denomination. I came across a Catholic prayer book and as I read it I was drawn to the Catholic faith. Then I read ‘Pillar of Fire Pillar of Truth’ and I felt drawn to Catholicism even more. By this time I couldn’t wait to attend my first Mass. When I did it was wonderful. It felt like I’d come home. I thank the Holy Spirit for guiding me to the Catholic Church.

I started RCIA last September, and I plan to be confirmed and receive first communion in 3 weeks at the Easter Vigil.

This is a great group. Thank you Church Militant for running it. I read your Testimony and what a story.
Thanks Dean. It's great to hear you are so close to beginning the great adventure in Christ of becoming Catholic.

It's really you guys who make this group.

Old Jun 4, '11, 11:53 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: becoming a catholic
Default hi my name is Peter

hi im glad i found this forum i have just started on my path 2 becoming a catholic and will be glad of friends and prayer partners for me as i walk along the path that has opened up before me.
Old Jun 6, '11, 4:14 am
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic, former Pentecostal and United Methodist
Default Re: hi my name is Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasmeter View Post
hi im glad i found this forum i have just started on my path 2 becoming a catholic and will be glad of friends and prayer partners for me as i walk along the path that has opened up before me.
You have found lots of good fellowship here and any question you have just ask, someone here should know the answer.

Also lots of good materials listed in the forum listed in my signature.
Old Jun 21, '11, 10:01 am

Religion: Catholic (Almost :} )
Default Re: Please introduce yourself!

Hello All,
I was wondering how many of you were converting as teenagers?

God Be With You Throughout Your Journey,
Beth D.
Old Jun 22, '11, 7:44 am
Prayer Warrior

I am a SAHW&M of 2 teenage girls. My hubby and I just celebrated 19 years of marriage.

My journey to the Catholic church began as a little girl living in a small Kansas town. The local Catholic church was always unlocked so I would ride my bike there and go pray.

Since then, I have had "coincidences" and occurrences that have pointed me to the Catholic church. They are too numerous to mention.
Old Jun 23, '11, 12:33 am
Forum Elder
Greeter
Prayer Warrior
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic: Revert

Welcome Beth and KansasGirl,

To answer your question Beth, I left the faith when I was not much older than you, and it took me over 30 years and much grief to find my way home.

Remember to check out those free Catholic courses from Catholic Home Study Service and I suggest you start with "We Believe..."...I did.
________________________________________ ________________

KG,

Yours sounds like a terrific journey and I hope that at some point you'll take the time to set it all out as a written testimony because that will be a great blessing to all of us, as well as help you share your Catholic faith with others.

Maybe everyone in this group could start a thread about their conversion so you'll have it written down somewhere in case you need to share it with someone and also to help us all be more concise and concrete about our journey and faith.

Lots of times people are too abstract in their witness and lose the person they are trying to share with because they ramble or can't communicate effectively.

Just a thought guys...
Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > Converting to the Catholic Faith