Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Dec 29, '10, 7:59 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default My faith is so weak!

Please pray for me brothers and sisters! I have a very weak faith. I have a very inconsistent faith. One week, I'm completely on fire. The next, I want to go back to wicca and satanism. What is wrong with me? Add to that the discouragement I have over not being able to pull myself out of sexual sin and I am a wreck. I have recently lost a job (with another to hopefully come soon). For me it seems like I always think the grass is greener in another pasteur, be it with my faith, with work, with whatever. I want consistensy. I want a relationship with Jesus! I want a relationship with the Blessed Virgin Mary! I just don't know what to do! HELP!
Old Dec 29, '10, 8:04 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Default Re: My faith is so weak!

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
Old Dec 29, '10, 9:29 pm
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic (proud of it!)

I'll pray for you. In the meantime, memorize the prayer to St. Michael the Archangel; it is very powerful. Also, memorize Marian prayers (Hail, Holy Queen, the Hail Mary, the Rosary, etc). Take full advantage of the sacraments, specifically Confession and the Eucharist. Go to Eucharistic Adoration if you can.

What I think may be wrong (and I am no expert by any means) is that wicca and that other stuff left a mark on you, perhaps 'opened a door' as they say. The evil one knows your weakness now and takes advantage of it. Do not sway; make Jesus your rock and revere His mother. Read Scripture and pray. A real battle is being fought. A real, true battle, though you can't see it. Don't be a pawn, take action and sway the battle to the Truth, the good: God.

You are in my prayers.

http://www.fightfoca.com/

+JMJ+

GLORIA PATRI, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto. Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.
Old Dec 29, '10, 9:42 pm

Confession!

Confession is difficult to understand, but provides wonderful grace. It has taught me Christ's love and mercy. Learning to feel Christ's love helps one over come many of trappings of carnal sins. If you Christ doesn't care, why bother not dabbling in wicca?

Questions about how to proceed?
Old Dec 29, '10, 9:47 pm

Religion: Orthodox catechumen

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
Please pray for me brothers and sisters! I have a very weak faith. I have a very inconsistent faith. One week, I'm completely on fire. The next, I want to go back to wicca and satanism. What is wrong with me? Add to that the discouragement I have over not being able to pull myself out of sexual sin and I am a wreck. I have recently lost a job (with another to hopefully come soon). For me it seems like I always think the grass is greener in another pasteur, be it with my faith, with work, with whatever. I want consistensy. I want a relationship with Jesus! I want a relationship with the Blessed Virgin Mary! I just don't know what to do! HELP!
Have you tried a Scriptural Rosary? A very fine one is at purgatory.ca. The only catch is you have to "sponsor" a deceased relative or friend, as the apostolate that runs the site mainly works with praying for the holy souls in Purgatory.

The rosary methods combine the St. Louis de Montfort method (I think his first method) with verses before each Hail Mary. You can choose from the Douai-Rheims with classical (thee's and thou's) prayers, The Douai-Rheims with modern prayers (you's), The RSV with Classical or Modern, or the New American Bible with Modern prayers. Only the Douai-Rheims with classical prayers has the Luminous Mysteries. Personally, I like the one with the NAB -- the translation is the original 1970s, however, so the Gospels may sound a bit off if you are used to the current translation.

It is, in my opinion, a most incomparable prayer. Try one decade a day, then two, then three, and so on until you are saying all fifteen a day with the reflections of St Louis de Montfort and the passages of Scripture.

Oh! make sure, if you use this, to print back-to-back, the site gives instructions on how to do that. I tried to make the booklet at the local library because I don't have a printer at home, and became very frustrated. I ended up having to tape the pages together!

But, for now:

St Michael, the Archangel, defend us in this day of battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do you, O prince of heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
Old Dec 29, '10, 10:03 pm

Thanks guys! I think just admitting my struggle helped. Those suggestions are wonderful. And for anyone else going through spiritual warfare, I found this site. What do you guys think? Orthodox?
Old Dec 29, '10, 10:08 pm
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic (proud of it!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
Thanks guys! I think just admitting my struggle helped. Those suggestions are wonderful. And for anyone else going through spiritual warfare, I found this site. What do you guys think? Orthodox?
It appears okay, but perhaps a little liberal. I don't see anything glaringly wrong though. But let others weigh in on this as well.

http://www.fightfoca.com/

+JMJ+

GLORIA PATRI, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto. Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.
Old Dec 30, '10, 4:37 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Holly3278 Send a message via MSN to Holly3278 Send a message via Yahoo to Holly3278

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember oh most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence I fly unto thee oh Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray and do thou oh prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

"If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." -- Saint Augustine of Hippo

"The holy Rosary is a powerful weapon. Use it with confidence and you'll be amazed at the results."
--St. Josemaria Escriva

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
--Saint Dominic

"Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world."
--Blessed Pope Pius IX

Our Lady's 15 Promises to Those Who Pray the Rosary

Come, pray the Rosary

My Live Journal

Holly's Catholic Blog
Old Dec 30, '10, 6:29 am

Religion: Orthodox catechumen

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolduude View Post
It appears okay, but perhaps a little liberal. I don't see anything glaringly wrong though. But let others weigh in on this as well.
I don't know ... The Church herself is beyond conservative and liberal, I think. We tend to put too much influence on which wing something came from rather than its merit for its own right. But then again, I'm just a raw convert!

I've checked the site out, and there does not seem to be anything wrong with it. I searched for a review on it at Catholic Culture.com, but it is not in that site's databases yet. Look at the resources page: third on the list (before their own Spanish site) is the Catholic Answers homepage. Sound familiar? Not certain this Robert Abel fellow ever got an imprimatur for his works, but the site seems to check out.
Old Dec 30, '10, 6:43 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: roman catholic - traditional

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Old Dec 30, '10, 8:39 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Praying hard.
Old Dec 30, '10, 7:15 pm

Thanks for the response so far guys! It's been really difficult to acknowledge that I have been wrong. Please continue to pray. Thank you so much!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions