Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Jan 12, '11, 4:36 am

Default Issam Nemeh, M.D - Catholic healer?

http://drnemeh.com/

Has anyone heard of this fella? Is he legit? I read somewhere a bishop attended one of his services.
Old Feb 1, '11, 1:49 pm
Observing Member

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Issam Nemeh, M.D - Catholic healer?

I don't know if anyone has ever responded, but I just saw him on the Dr. Oz show on tv, and he looks legit!
Old Feb 1, '11, 5:53 pm

Religion: Brethern In Christ

Same hear, Dr. Oz...I was praying this would open up hearts to Christ..He was humble ..I was suprised they let him pray in the name of Jesus..As some tend to cut His name out..I know Dr. Oz has mixture of beliefs..
Old Feb 5, '11, 12:46 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: Episcopalian
Exclamation Re: Issam Nemeh, M.D - Catholic healer?

He sounds a little suspicious to me. I'm surprised that Oz endorsed him. Use caution:

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/1192...r-faith-healer
Old Feb 7, '11, 11:25 am
Observing Member

I just read a biography of Dr Nemeh written by a woman who shadowed him for 2 years. "Miracles Every Day " is the title. While the stories of healing are abundant and amazing, we need to be cautious. I believe Dr Nemeh dangerously mixes Eastern philospohy with Catholicism, in essence creating his own brand of Catholicism. Here are some things that had my antennae up as I read the book. First, Dr Nemeh practices acupuncture which has it's roots in Eastern philosophy, which is incompatible with Catholicism. The author says "What Dr Nemeh has gained from years of living his faith is the secret to getting into heaven. He believes, as did Jesus, Buddha, the saints and mystics, that the gates of heaven are unlocked with love-love for God and love for others." I find it interesting that Buddha is inserted here. In addition, the book says that Dr Nemeh views the Holy Spirit as "the perfecting of the relationship between the Father and the Son." I would ask, does the relationship between the Father and the Son need to be perfected by the Holy Spirit? Also, the author describes a dream Dr Nemeh had where he sees moments in time as movies on a screen. Once of the moments he sees is when "Pope Pius IX muscled the concept of papal infallibility into the First Vatican Ecumenical Council in 1870" Nemeh's reaction to this was that "his heart sank." If he has a negative view of papal infallibility, what other church doctrines, precepts or teachings does he disagree with? Just some things to think about.
Old Feb 7, '11, 11:04 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Byzantine Catholic

They have written about him several times on spiritdaily.com

http://www.spiritdaily.org/nemeh2.htm

The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (1 Corinthians 1:23,24)
Old Feb 16, '11, 2:01 pm
Observing Member

Send a message via AIM to Catholic Bryan

I agree with everything Mccormicks said. I have studied the New Age Movement and he fits the bill. Issam mentions everything being made of the one energy (a totally New Age / Eastern Belief) and being healed by energy, as if somehow, God is energy. I believe he might have even stated as such. He made God out to be this impersonal active energy, similar to the New Age god. He also said faith was not a requirement to be healed, contrary to what Scripture says.

There were many things that made my antenna go up watching the show, these were only a couple. My conclusion is that he is very New Age, blending Catholicism and Eastern Pagan Philosophy.
Old Aug 17, '11, 7:48 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: Protestant

I have had 3 instances of healing through Dr. Nemeh's prayers, one over the phone after a car accident. My heart had been punched by an airbag and the outer wall of it lacerated. I asked God to show me He was there, praying silently to "test the spirits" as the scriptures tell us to do, and felt a sensation inside my neck which I've never felt before or since that lasted for 90 minutes. I sat down and the burning pain I had felt came out in seconds and then the pieces of torn flesh sealed together. Ultrasound test afterward showed the heart wall was thickened, a year later the heart was completely normal. It is very difficult to describe the Holy Spirit, as there is no other like Him. He is Spirit and Holy and we are flesh and blood. In 3 prayers, I had different experience each time. In the first prayer in a Catholic church, Dr. Nemeh's hand was on my right side and a vibration went through my torso, it increased in intensity going from my right to my left side. In the second prayer in a Baptist church, Dr. Nemeh placed 2 fingers on an incision that had become a thick scar after being infected from surgery to remove my gall bladder. I felt enormous heat for a few seconds, later seeing that the scar had been replaced with new skin, no longer sore as it had been for years previously. I have heard Dr. Nemeh say several times in interviews that it is God who does the healing. In my experience, I know that it is the Holy Spirit. It is up to us as individuals to discern and test the spirits.
Old Jun 2, '13, 8:16 am
Observing Member

Cool Re: Issam Nemeh, M.D - Catholic healer?

I would like to know if the church has any stands or comments Dr Issam . I know we should always use caution but is it ok to see him for a healing , after all your own parish priests will pray for you through an anointing prayer !!
Old Jun 2, '13, 10:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithsharer View Post
I have had 3 instances of healing through Dr. Nemeh's prayers, one over the phone after a car accident. My heart had been punched by an airbag and the outer wall of it lacerated. I asked God to show me He was there, praying silently to "test the spirits" as the scriptures tell us to do, and felt a sensation inside my neck which I've never felt before or since that lasted for 90 minutes. I sat down and the burning pain I had felt came out in seconds and then the pieces of torn flesh sealed together. Ultrasound test afterward showed the heart wall was thickened, a year later the heart was completely normal. It is very difficult to describe the Holy Spirit, as there is no other like Him. He is Spirit and Holy and we are flesh and blood. In 3 prayers, I had different experience each time. In the first prayer in a Catholic church, Dr. Nemeh's hand was on my right side and a vibration went through my torso, it increased in intensity going from my right to my left side. In the second prayer in a Baptist church, Dr. Nemeh placed 2 fingers on an incision that had become a thick scar after being infected from surgery to remove my gall bladder. I felt enormous heat for a few seconds, later seeing that the scar had been replaced with new skin, no longer sore as it had been for years previously. I have heard Dr. Nemeh say several times in interviews that it is God who does the healing. In my experience, I know that it is the Holy Spirit. It is up to us as individuals to discern and test the spirits.
Or you could just to an actual, you know, doctor.

But I suppose that would be "scientism"
Old Jun 2, '13, 1:22 pm
Observing Member

Question Re: Issam Nemeh, M.D - Catholic healer?

WHAT DOES THE CHURCH HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS DOCTOR ??? Any body have an answer???
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence