Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jan 18, '11, 9:41 am

Religion: Catholic
Default aliens and demons

ok so I have this theory may be kinda far fetched and may just be crazy and would never be true but here it is

the majority if not all of alien sightings abductions, any thing to do with aliens are simply demons posing as aliens.

I first had this idea about this when someone brought it up on a mission trip I was on, It was in a small group setting and I think the guy has a little more knowledge well at the time then me.

Then recently I saw the trailer for the fourth kind and when I was watching that I was like demonic possession.

Apparently the movie is fictional even the so called real footage is fictional, but it is apparently based on actual alien abductions reports.

The trailer showed levitation, person talking in a dead language very old, deep voices, uncontrollable body movements, an owl which I've read sometimes is tied to satan but idk if this is true, and 3:33am. The 3:33 thing tipped me off the most I know its not 3:00 am which is the witching hour I think that's what's its called.

I think demons would do this becuase I think one of thir main goals is to convince you that they don't exist. This would be one way, you would think that if there is intelligent life out there that the God of the bible doesn't exist becuase the God of the bible would have made humans the top species in the universe so if there are aliens God can't exist.

Now yes this would be pretty easy to tear down but to someone who wasn't as solid in their faith as some people are, this could tear them away from God.

anyway what do you think about this idea, have you heard it before.

Let me recognize You as Your disciples did so that the Eucharistic Communion be the light which disperses the darkness, the force which sustains me, the unique joy of my heart. Padre Pio

Seminarian Studying for the Priesthood of Jesus Christ
Old Jan 18, '11, 10:26 am
Forum Master
Radio Club Member

Default Re: aliens and demons

I have heard this theory before. I think maybe the fictional movie that may have done a crossover with exorcism encounters. I've never heard an alien account of speaking in dead languages (and I have watched a lot of X-Files ).

Nevertheless, if the devil thought he could steal a soul by using that person's belief in aliens against him, I'm sure he would do it. I am skeptical that would explain all such strange "alien" phenomena, however.

Old Jan 18, '11, 10:57 am

Religion: Disengaged Catholic, solipsist, nihilist, sceptic.

It is entirely plausible that Satan would use any means at his disposal to confuse and transfix people. Of course he plants visions in the sky: he is "the Prince of the power of the air", after all (I read that somewhere), an epithet which also hints at his use of broadcasting/satellite/broadband technology to pursue his highly successful agenda of destroying humanity.

By planting the idea of aliens, Satan is undermining God's creation. He is encouraging people to see beyond humanity and to question God's care for us--after all, if there is life out there, God must care for it, too, right? This all compounds and confuses people. It also leads to the notion that there is no God, and that the universe is a bundle of Big Bang randomness.
Old Jan 18, '11, 10:59 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic, Apostalic, Holy, One

Yes, I've heard it; there was a preacher on TV who mentioned it without going into great detail. Some mention of fallen angels in Scripture he equated with, I think, the so-called 'grays'. That's all I remember. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if there's something to it...
Old Jan 18, '11, 11:09 am
Forum Elder

There is no credible evidence for aliens on earth. There is no connection between actual demons and actual circular aircraft.

The "greys" are just a science-fiction concept.

Contact with alien beings has not been proven. I've read the literature. Whatever stories are told under hypnosis do not come with any physical proof that anyone was aboard a spaceship. Any alleged evidence is unsourced, unconfirmed and highly suspect. It's also possible that a few hoaxes are included.

It may be that a few preachers, looking at various writings uncritically, have accepted some of these reports. Since UFOs is a topic with little recent academic study, it can end up being mixed into other things, like demons or fallen angels requiring physical vehicles to pilot. Makes no sense to me.

Peace,
Ed
Old Jan 18, '11, 11:13 am
Prayer Warrior

Or, take it a step further. What if aliens (who were actually demons) showed up and told us they have been guiding us all along since the beginning of time, that they created religion, etc. to help keep us in line.

How many people would buy in and abandon their faith, thinking they had been duped all along?
Old Jan 18, '11, 11:24 am

Religion: Roman Catholic

Sounds to me like the plot for a good SF book. Maybe you should write it.

Crossed the Tiber 1983
Old Jan 18, '11, 11:34 am
Prayer Warrior

Actually, I thought about that. I had a Catholic Apologetics book published:

https://www.createspace.com/3437708

And I'm currently kicking around ideas for one on Purgatory, but maybe in time, who knows...
Old Jan 18, '11, 3:55 pm

have any of you seen the trailer to the movie I'm talking about?

Let me recognize You as Your disciples did so that the Eucharistic Communion be the light which disperses the darkness, the force which sustains me, the unique joy of my heart. Padre Pio

Old Jan 18, '11, 7:22 pm
Prayer Warrior

I think it's possible.. in any case it's more plausible than the explanation that some people have, that our idea of demons is actually aliens. (as in, the aliens are real and are trying to lead people to a 'higher' form of consciousness). I think it's more likely that the "aliens" are actually demons. I dont know if there are other life forms on different planets, but I don't think they would be as they are described in those 'alien encounter' stories (not saying they are true).

"I know but one thing now - to love Thee, O Jesus!" St Therese
Old Jan 18, '11, 7:46 pm
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by catholictiger View Post
ok so I have this theory may be kinda far fetched and may just be crazy and would never be true but here it is

the majority if not all of alien sightings abductions, any thing to do with aliens are simply demons posing as aliens.

I first had this idea about this when someone brought it up on a mission trip I was on, It was in a small group setting and I think the guy has a little more knowledge well at the time then me.

Then recently I saw the trailer for the fourth kind and when I was watching that I was like demonic possession.

Apparently the movie is fictional even the so called real footage is fictional, but it is apparently based on actual alien abductions reports.

The trailer showed levitation, person talking in a dead language very old, deep voices, uncontrollable body movements, an owl which I've read sometimes is tied to satan but idk if this is true, and 3:33am. The 3:33 thing tipped me off the most I know its not 3:00 am which is the witching hour I think that's what's its called.

I think demons would do this becuase I think one of thir main goals is to convince you that they don't exist. This would be one way, you would think that if there is intelligent life out there that the God of the bible doesn't exist becuase the God of the bible would have made humans the top species in the universe so if there are aliens God can't exist.

Now yes this would be pretty easy to tear down but to someone who wasn't as solid in their faith as some people are, this could tear them away from God.

anyway what do you think about this idea, have you heard it before.
You said it!
Old Jan 18, '11, 9:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
You said it!
would you even be open to the possibility of it. Again I haven't really looked into but from what i've seen so far (if the movie was based on a collection of actual reported alien abductions) then my theory may not be so far fetched and crazy.

Old Jan 18, '11, 9:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwest2 View Post
There is no credible evidence for aliens on earth. There is no connection between actual demons and actual circular aircraft.

The "greys" are just a science-fiction concept.

Contact with alien beings has not been proven. I've read the literature. Whatever stories are told under hypnosis do not come with any physical proof that anyone was aboard a spaceship. Any alleged evidence is unsourced, unconfirmed and highly suspect. It's also possible that a few hoaxes are included.

It may be that a few preachers, looking at various writings uncritically, have accepted some of these reports. Since UFOs is a topic with little recent academic study, it can end up being mixed into other things, like demons or fallen angels requiring physical vehicles to pilot. Makes no sense to me.

Peace,
Ed
and that makes since but but demons could just be messing with us trying to lower our defenses I guess you could say by making it look like aliens are trying to contact us by using some type of supernatural event.

plus I never said aliens exist I just said demons are posing as aliens, that means seeing lights in the sky could just be a natural explanation but satan is lieing to you to say oh those are aliens and you believe him. Or there are actual rare supernatural events that occur that some people mistakenly tie to aliens instead of what they really are demons.

Old Jan 19, '11, 3:34 am
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by catholictiger View Post
would you even be open to the possibility of it. Again I haven't really looked into but from what i've seen so far (if the movie was based on a collection of actual reported alien abductions) then my theory may not be so far fetched and crazy.
No I'm not open to the possibility of it.
No aliens have landed on earth.
There have been no alien abductions.

Reports and claims are not evidence.
Old Jan 19, '11, 8:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
No I'm not open to the possibility of it.
No aliens have landed on earth.
There have been no alien abductions.

Reports and claims are not evidence.
ok, I never said that aliens existed and the abductions are real, I just think demons use natural events lets say like a weather balloon catching fire and make the viewer of that even think its an alien and that person so convinced that they deny authority deny natural good explanations and even get to the point where they doubt God.

or it could be that somone is possesed and they confuse it with alien abductions. For my theory to be correct aliens don't even have to exist, demons just have to try and convince people they do.

I think the alien theories are the work of demons and not actual aliens.

hope that clears it up

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics