Catholic FAQ

Help support Catholic Answers!

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Mar 25, '11, 6:28 pm

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Lucia and 3 days of darkness

I am now receiving emails about the 3 days of darkness supposedly discussed between Blessed Mary and Lucia from Fatima. I have been looking around to find this in quotes from some book or somewhere on the internet. Does anyone have a link where I can see this for myself. My guess is this email is part of the actual message with added information. Did Lucia ever actually release a message about the three days of darkness and how to prepare?
Old Mar 25, '11, 8:14 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: joyfully Catholic
Default Re: Lucia and 3 days of darkness

If you wish to have the true text of Lucia's Third Secret of Fatima from the official source, you may go to the Vatican site.
No mention is made of 3 days of darkness. These things are sometimes embellished, and sometimes there are false revelations which become persistent.

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/co...fatima_en.html

The third part of the secret revealed at the Cova da Iria-Fatima, on 13 July 1917.
Lucia wrote:
I write in obedience to you, my God, who command me to do so through his Excellency the Bishop of Leiria and through your Most Holy Mother and mine.
After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: ‘Penance, Penance, Penance!'. And we saw in an immense light that is God: ‘something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White ‘we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.
Tuy-3-1-1944”.
For elucidation you may find the Vatican site illuminating.

God bless you
as if each person is the only loved one.
JESUS please welcome each person with love, healing, and great joy!
Thank You JESUS

Mother Mary at the wedding feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
though JESUS protested it was not yet time for miracles
you successfully interceded with Him for a family's temporal need
please now intercede with your divine Son
for each person's temporal and spiritual needs.
Thank you Mother

JESUS please grant our prayer for this person

Catechism of the Catholic Church http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Old Mar 25, '11, 8:34 pm
Prayer Warrior

The three days of darkness were only discussed, I believe, by one (or two) other seers/visionaries, and I think it was centuries ago. I'll try to find out details, including the Church's position on these 'prophecies'.
we pray.
- St. Augustine of Hippo
Old Mar 25, '11, 9:07 pm
Prayer Warrior

Okay, I'm back. Try this link:
http://www.cukierski.net/library/thr...darkness.shtml
It's a rather sensationalist article, but also clearly states that it is for your discernment, that you are not required (or even urged) by the Church to believe. The three days have been mentioned, it seems, by many seers, including Bl. Anna-Maria Taigi and St. Hildegard of Bingen, and many more not beatified or canonized. Again, these prophecies are not part of Church teaching. But neither are they rejected. I have some of the sacramentals, but I'm not a firm believer in the three days.

If it is inappropriate or forbidden to post this, I apologize.
we pray.
- St. Augustine of Hippo

Last edited by svid2; Mar 25, '11 at 9:16 pm. Reason: Adding one final statement.
Old Mar 26, '11, 12:40 pm

Thank you for telling me this and giving me links. I didn't think the three days of darkness came from Fatima. I would like to send this link back to the person who sent it to me. God bless.
Old May 27, '11, 9:56 pm
Observing Member

Religion: Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishie View Post
If you wish to have the true text of Lucia's Third Secret of Fatima from the official source, you may go to the Vatican site.
No mention is made of 3 days of darkness. These things are sometimes embellished, and sometimes there are false revelations which become persistent.

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/co...fatima_en.html

The third part of the secret revealed at the Cova da Iria-Fatima, on 13 July 1917.
Lucia wrote:
I write in obedience to you, my God, who command me to do so through his Excellency the Bishop of Leiria and through your Most Holy Mother and mine.
After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: ‘Penance, Penance, Penance!'. And we saw in an immense light that is God: ‘something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White ‘we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.
Tuy-3-1-1944”.
For elucidation you may find the Vatican site illuminating.

God bless you
I want to thank you for your very upstanding rendition of what it was really about. That is what was on the CD that I have from Our Lady of Lourdes and the 3rd Secret. God bless you in JMJ, Sharon

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality