Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Mar 31, '11, 8:12 pm

Religion: other
Default Jack Van Impe

What do you all think of Jack Van Impe's Biblical Prophesy interpretation?
Old Mar 31, '11, 8:29 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Jack Van Impe

i watch his show each week i think he's right on a number of things but there's other things im not sure about i agree with him 100% on Jhon 14:6 where our Lord says Iam the way the truth & the life no man cometh to the father except through me & jn 10 i guess it's 10 where jesus says im the gate & any who try to enter some other way is a theif & a robber i believe we're getting close to jesus's retrun but as HE said himself no knows the day or hour God Bless
Old Mar 31, '11, 9:50 pm
Banned

Religion: Raised Catholic

I used to look forward to watching his programmes. I think he's probably right on a number of things but there is one area, which I would call major, where he errs: he believes in a literal physical rapture of the Church (that all the faithful and righteous Christians will literally be taken up to meet the Lord and will thus avoid suffering at the hands of the Antichrist and going through the Tribulation).
Old Mar 31, '11, 9:52 pm
Forum Supporter

He is astute enough to identify the Catechism as having many scriptural references but the problem also is that he is a Bible only Christian. Well... Bible and newspaper only Christian.

The Church has consistently taught that protestant theology is wrong. This is no more evident than in reading the Book of Revelation via the latest headlines. The focus in on timing and not on holiness, which is moot anyway since faith alone precludes any need of being holy as our Heavenly Father is holy. It is only about the end times which leaves out just about everything else.
Old Mar 31, '11, 11:42 pm

Religion: Orthodox Catholic

I used to watch him every week but when he started to totally focus on the false doctrine of the rapture I quit watching him
Old Apr 1, '11, 6:47 am

Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequeen View Post
I used to watch him every week but when he started to totally focus on the false doctrine of the rapture I quit watching him

Good move.
Old Apr 1, '11, 7:14 am
Veteran Member

Religion: Roman Catholic

A good friend of mine took one of his shows where he does that machine gun spitting out of scripture chapter and verse - he played it back and looked up every reference and not ONE SINGLE ONE had anything to do with what he was talking about, or was taken so entirely out of context to be irrelevant.

He's entertaining, sure, but more like watching a car accident happen. You can't look away, but you know that in the end many are going to be left dead (spiritually).

~Liza
Old Apr 2, '11, 4:19 am

Religion: catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizaanne View Post
A good friend of mine took one of his shows where he does that machine gun spitting out of scripture chapter and verse - he played it back and looked up every reference and not ONE SINGLE ONE had anything to do with what he was talking about, or was taken so entirely out of context to be irrelevant.

He's entertaining, sure, but more like watching a car accident happen. You can't look away, but you know that in the end many are going to be left dead (spiritually).

~Liza
I have often thought about doing just that....
Old Apr 2, '11, 4:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by planehopr View Post
Jack Van Impe (along with his lovely and ageless wife Rexella) is the most entertaining half hour of television since the Lone Ranger. Rexella's awestruck responses to Jack's goofy prognostications amuse me no end. His prophesy is absoute nonsense but his ability to sling verses surpasses any I have yet encountered.

Jack used to be very anti-Catholic and in those days I found him offensive. He figured out, like a lot of televangelists, that Catholic donations are just as green as anybody else's so now includes papal quotes and the whole deal in his "prophesy".

He's a whole lot more wholesome than Charlie Sheen and a lot more entertaining but just as scripted.
Old Apr 2, '11, 6:37 pm

JRRTFAN:

"Jack Van Impe (along with his lovely and ageless wife Rexella) is the most entertaining half hour of television since the Lone Ranger. Rexella's awestruck responses to Jack's goofy prognostications amuse me no end. His prophesy is absoute nonsense but his ability to sling verses surpasses any I have yet encountered."

JR: That is without a doubt the most hysterical post I have read all night. I often watch his show and I am always laughing out loud by Rexella' expression which I find very, very similiar to a deer caught inbetween my headlights on a very dark and lonely stretch of road as she listens to Jacks expalination of things. Do they not realize how very funny certain segments of their show are?

I really thought I was the only one that found the way she looks at him as the best comedy routine on TV since George and Gracie Burns show.
Old Apr 2, '11, 9:51 pm

I haven't seen JVI in a long time but he used to have an announcer with an absolutely great voice, doing all the promos for his videos and stuff. He sounded like the late movie trailer guy. It made me want to buy the videos about the Rapture and the Antichrist and stuff. This was maybe in the mid 90s.
Old Apr 3, '11, 10:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRTFAN View Post
Jack Van Impe (along with his lovely and ageless wife Rexella) is the most entertaining half hour of television since the Lone Ranger. Rexella's awestruck responses to Jack's goofy prognostications amuse me no end. His prophesy is absoute nonsense but his ability to sling verses surpasses any I have yet encountered.

Jack used to be very anti-Catholic and in those days I found him offensive. He figured out, like a lot of televangelists, that Catholic donations are just as green as anybody else's so now includes papal quotes and the whole deal in his "prophesy".

He's a whole lot more wholesome than Charlie Sheen and a lot more entertaining but just as scripted.
To be fair Van Impe lost a lot more of his Protestant base than he gained in Catholic viewers when he started speaking positively about the Catholic Church.

Gary J Sibio
If you would like to see my photos, click here.
Old Apr 3, '11, 10:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by planehopr View Post
I've watched many of his shows, and that is just what they are: a show. He is a false prophet and waaaaay off base on actual knowledge of Bible prophecy and meaning of the Book of Revelation.
Psalm 91:11--For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Old Apr 3, '11, 10:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselvr View Post
JRRTFAN:

"Jack Van Impe (along with his lovely and ageless wife Rexella) is the most entertaining half hour of television since the Lone Ranger. Rexella's awestruck responses to Jack's goofy prognostications amuse me no end. His prophesy is absoute nonsense but his ability to sling verses surpasses any I have yet encountered."

JR: That is without a doubt the most hysterical post I have read all night. I often watch his show and I am always laughing out loud by Rexella' expression which I find very, very similiar to a deer caught inbetween my headlights on a very dark and lonely stretch of road as she listens to Jacks expalination of things. Do they not realize how very funny certain segments of their show are?

I really thought I was the only one that found the way she looks at him as the best comedy routine on TV since George and Gracie Burns show.
Very true! Well -- at least we know where some of the donations from viewers are going to: Rexella's plastic surgeries to acquire that look of agelessness.
Psalm 91:11--For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Old Apr 3, '11, 10:43 pm

Religion: catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselvr View Post
JRRTFAN:

JR: That is without a doubt the most hysterical post I have read all night. Do they not realize how very funny certain segments of their show are?

Quote:
I often watch his show and I am always laughing out loud by Rexella' expression which I find very, very similiar to a deer caught inbetween my headlights on a very dark and lonely stretch of road as she listens to Jacks expalination of things.

I have seen the show a couple of times...and I find Rexella's expression fascinating...as if she is trying to understand what JVI is saying, trying to let it all sink in, yet it seems beyond her to fathom what JVU is saying.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics