Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Apr 1, '11, 9:10 pm
Forum Master

Religion: Catholic
Default Daily Prayers for April 2011

Daily Prayer for April 1, 2011

Opening Prayer: Merciful Father, fill our hearts with Your love and keep us faithful to the Gospel of Christ. Give us the grace to rise above our human weakness. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
Hosea 14:2-10
Mark 12:28-34

Meditation: What are some ways that I can be faithful to the Gospel today?

Closing Prayer: Lord, fill us with the power of Your love. May we come to know fully the redemption we have received. Amen.

http://www.oblatesusa.org
"I thirst, I thirst for Jesus alone! Happy the souls who suffer in secret, known to God alone! How I love a soul suffering with patience, hidden with God alone! Once you have given God something, you must never take it back." ~ Blessed Maryam Bawārdī
Old Apr 7, '11, 8:29 am
Forum Master

Default Re: Daily Prayers for April 2011

Daily Prayer for April 2, 2011

Opening Prayer: Lord, may this Lenten observance of the suffering, Death and Resurrection of Christ bring us to the full joy of Easter. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
Hosea 6:1-6
Luke 18:9-14

Meditation: On television we see the suffering of many people around the world. How can I make a positive impact on the lives of these suffering people?

Closing Prayer: God of mercy, may the gifts we receive help us to worship You in truth and to receive Your blessings with faith. Amen.

"I thirst, I thirst for Jesus alone! Happy the souls who suffer in secret, known to God alone! How I love a soul suffering with patience, hidden with God alone! Once you have given God something, you must never take it back." ~ Blessed Maryam Bawārdī
Old Apr 7, '11, 8:32 am
Forum Master

Daily Prayer for April 3, 2011 - Fourth Sunday of Lent

Opening Prayer: Father of peace, we are joyful in Your Word, Your Son Jesus Christ, who reconciles us to You. Let us hasten toward Easter with the eagerness of faith and love. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
1 Samuel 16:1b, 6-7, 10-13a
Ephesians 5:8-14
John 9:1-41

Meditation: Easter is fast approaching. What can I do during these final days of Lent to better prepare myself to celebrate the Resurrection?

Closing Prayer: Father, You enlighten all who come into the world. Fill our hearts with the light of Your Gospel, that our thoughts may please You, and our love be sincere. Amen.

Old Apr 7, '11, 8:34 am
Forum Master

Daily Prayer for April 4, 2011

Opening Prayer: Father, Creator, You give the world new life by Your sacraments. May we, Your Church, grow in Your life and continue to receive Your help on earth. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
Isaiah 65:17-21
John 4:43-54

Meditation: Todayís reading from Isaiah tells us that God is creating ďa new heaven and a new earth.Ē What is one thing I can do today to help bring this about?

Closing Prayer: Lord, may Your gifts bring us life and holiness and lead us to the happiness of eternal life. Amen.

Old Apr 7, '11, 8:35 am
Forum Master

Daily Prayer for April 5, 2011

Opening Prayer: Father, may our Lenten observance prepare us to embrace the Paschal Mystery and to proclaim Your salvation with joyful praise. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
Ezekiel 47:1-9, 12
John 5:1-16

Meditation: How do I praise God in my prayer? How can I praise God in my everyday life today?

Closing Prayer: Lord, cleanse and renew us, bring us Your help and lead us to salvation. Amen.

Old Apr 7, '11, 8:37 am
Forum Master

Daily Prayer for April 6, 2011

Opening Prayer: Lord, You reward virtue and forgive the repentant sinner. Grant us Your forgiveness as we come before You confessing our guilt. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
Isaiah 49:8-15
John 5:17-30

Meditation: God loves us more than a mother loves her infant. I will take time today to reflect on the depth of Godís love for me.

Closing Prayer: Lord, may we never misuse Your healing gifts, but always find in them a source of life and salvation. Amen.

Old Apr 7, '11, 8:39 am
Forum Master

Daily Prayer for April 7, 2011

Opening Prayer: Merciful Father, may the penance of our Lenten observance make us Your obedient people. May the love within us be seen in what we do and lead us to the joy of Easter. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
Exodus 32:7-14
John 5:31-47

Meditation: How can I be obedient to God and to my brothers and sisters in ways that will enrich our lives?

Closing Prayer: Lord, free us from guilt. Our sins bring us sorrow but Your promise of salvation brings us joy. Amen.

Old Apr 15, '11, 6:48 pm
Forum Master

Daily Prayer for April 8, 2011

Opening Prayer: Father, our source of life, You know our weakness. May we reach out with joy to grasp Your hand and walk more readily in Your ways. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
Wisdom 2:1a, 12-22
John 7:1-2, 10, 25-30

Meditation: Jesus was arrested, tortured and killed even though He had done nothing wrong. How do I react when I am falsely accused?

Closing Prayer: Lord, keep us from our old and sinful ways and help us to continue in the new life. Amen.

Old Apr 15, '11, 6:50 pm
Forum Master

Daily Prayer for April 9, 2011

Opening Prayer: Lord, guide us in Your gentle mercy, for left to ourselves we cannot do Your will. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
Jeremiah 11:18-20
John 7:40-53

Meditation: In prayer we ask the Lord to be merciful. Do I extend to others the same mercy I seek from the Lord?

Closing Prayer: Lord, may the power of Your love free us from sin and help us to serve You in our daily lives. Amen.

Old Apr 15, '11, 6:52 pm
Forum Master

Daily Prayer for April 10, 2011 - Fifth Sunday of Lent

Opening Prayer: Father, help us to be like Christ Your Son, Who loved the world and died for our salvation. Inspire us by His love, guide us by His example. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
Ezekiel 37:12-14
Romans 8:8-11
John 11:1-45

Meditation: In todayís Gospel story Jesus raises His friend Lazarus from the dead. Jesus promises to raise us up from our faults and failings to a new life of happiness and peace. Today I will spend time in prayer, asking Jesus for His gift of new life.

Closing Prayer: Lord, protect Your people always, that we may be free from every evil and serve You with all our hearts. Amen.

Old Apr 15, '11, 6:53 pm
Forum Master

Daily Prayer for April 11, 2011

Opening Prayer: Lord, with Your loving care guide the penance we have begun. Help us to persevere with love and sincerity. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
Isaiah 58:1-9a
Matthew 9:14-15

Meditation: The prophet Isaiah reminds us that our Lenten sacrifice should involve love and mercy for the hungry, the oppressed and the homeless. How often do I think about and pray for my brothers and sisters in need? What can I do to make their lives better, and to help them know how much God loves them?

Closing Prayer: Lord, may our sharing in this mystery free us from our sins and make us worthy of Your healing. Amen.

Old Apr 15, '11, 6:56 pm
Forum Master

Daily Prayer for April 12, 2011

Opening Prayer: Lord, help us to do Your will that Your Church may grow and become more faithful in Your service. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
Numbers 21:4-9
John 8:21-30

Meditation: How will I serve the Lord today? Is there a way I can improve my service to Him today?

Closing Prayer: All-powerful God, may the mysteries we share make us worthy to attain the gift of heaven. Amen.

Old Apr 15, '11, 6:58 pm
Forum Master

Daily Prayer for April 13, 2011

Opening Prayer: Father of mercy, hear the prayers of Your repentant children who call on You in love. Enlighten our minds and sanctify our hearts. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
Daniel 3:14-20, 91-92, 95
John 8:31-42

Meditation: Our days can become busy and hectic. Is there a way to ensure that I will set aside time each day to place myself in the presence of God?

Closing Prayer: Lord, heal us, remove sin from our hearts and make us grow strong under Your constant protection. Amen.

Old Apr 15, '11, 7:06 pm
Forum Master

Daily Prayer for April 14, 2011

Opening Prayer: Lord, come to us: free us from the stain of our sins. Help us to remain faithful to a holy way of life, and guide us to the inheritance You have promised. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
Genesis 17:3-9
John 8:51-59

Meditation: Is there a sin in my life that causes a strain on my relationship with God? How can I be reconciled with God today and become closer to Him?

Closing Prayer: Merciful Lord, accept the sacrifice we offer You that it may help us grow in holiness and advance the salvation of the world. Amen.

Old Apr 15, '11, 7:07 pm
Forum Master

Daily Prayer for April 15, 2011

Opening Prayer: Lord, grant us Your forgiveness, and set us free from our enslavement to sin. Amen.

Scripture Readings:
Jeremiah 20:10-13
John 10:31-42

Meditation: Jesus is the Son of God because He performed the works of His Father. What can I do today to perform Godís works, and show the world that I am His son or daughter?

Closing Prayer: Lord, may we always receive Your protection and may You keep us safe from all harm. Amen.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality